Borderlands 2 Season Pass does not include all DLC.

DJ_DEnM

My brother answers too!
Dec 22, 2010
What most people don't seem to realize that Gearbox already stated that the Season Pass is Story DLC only. Like, months ago. People should really pay attention to what isn't even fine print.

Assassin Xaero

Jul 23, 2008
Actually, now that I think about it, this reminds me of the whole Golden Key bitching. People were going on about how the Golden Key was falsely advertized as something along the lines of TF2 keys to open crates dropped by enemies, and that they used their key "without realizing" the chest in Sanctuary was gold and required keys to open. What people come up with just to complain amazes me.

aguspal

Aug 19, 2012
Wow.

People whine too much...

Your fault for not begin carefull and trying to use the easier way o_O

WoW Killer

Mar 3, 2012
hazabaza1 said:
The fact that the Mechromancer is separate and her description doesn't involve any mention of a campaign then it's not really that unclear.
She wasn't separate and didn't mention anything at all at the time people will have bought the Season Pass; she's only just been released. Last week there was that premium-something that was listed as purchasable even for people who already had access to it. Be honest, that was confusing till they fixed it.

There isn't much to argue about here though. It's a simple case of giving a refund if people aren't happy (and nobody is saying there shouldn't be refunds given, right?). I've not checked, but I presume the option of a refund is there. I mean so far the Season Pass does nothing, so it's not like people have used the product. People thought they were buying X+Y instead of X. They're unhappy. So they get the option to give back X, take back their money, and buy Y if they feel they want to. Problem solved.

Maeshone

Sep 7, 2009
WoW Killer said:
hazabaza1 said:
The fact that the Mechromancer is separate and her description doesn't involve any mention of a campaign then it's not really that unclear.
She wasn't separate and didn't mention anything at all at the time people will have bought the Season Pass; she's only just been released. Last week there was that premium-something that was listed as purchasable even for people who already had access to it. Be honest, that was confusing till they fixed it.

There isn't much to argue about here though. It's a simple case of giving a refund if people aren't happy (and nobody is saying there shouldn't be refunds given, right?). I've not checked, but I presume the option of a refund is there. I mean so far the Season Pass does nothing, so it's not like people have used the product. People thought they were buying X+Y instead of X. They're unhappy. So they get the option to give back X, take back their money, and buy Y if they feel they want to. Problem solved.
No, the Mechromancer was always advertised as part of the premiere club-content, that is, content availible to those who preordered. It was never listed as part of anything else.

WoW Killer

Mar 3, 2012
Maeshone said:
No, the Mechromancer was always advertised as part of the premiere club-content, that is, content availible to those who preordered. It was never listed as part of anything else.
Given the premier club (I forget the name) was purchasable by people who already had it, no, it wasn't advertised correctly. It was convoluted. I can understand if someone was mistaken.

Maeshone

Sep 7, 2009
WoW Killer said:
Maeshone said:
Given the premier club (I forget the name) was purchasable by people who already had it, no, it wasn't advertised correctly. It was convoluted. I can understand if someone was mistaken.
Wait, it was? My bad then, I didn't actually know that.

Jezzer

Mar 23, 2011
I got the Mechromancer for free on XBox Live, and I didn't pre-order the game. Who is being charged for her?

rob_simple

Elite Member
Aug 8, 2010
Could someone explain to me what the pre-order code actually entitles me to? I've not used it yet because, well, I don't know why; but I'd like to know what I'm getting before I use it.

Shuguard

Apr 19, 2012
I threw in a pro-order the day before it came out. Yet i didn't receive the premier club stuff, but i got the season pass. Was there supposed to be a time frame for preordering before a certain date to get the premier club/mechromancer?

suitepee7

I can smell sausage rolls
Dec 6, 2010
WoW Killer said:
hazabaza1 said:
It's been said before release that Mechromancer will only be free for people who pre-ordered.
That still doesn't rule out the Season Pass, since you have to pay for it.

I've not bought the Season Pass myself yet, and so I haven't exactly looked into it, but my impression was that it would include all the DLC. It seems a little ambiguous and I can understand if people are upset by this. I'll be looking for clarification before buying.
it doesn't. i thought it did at first, but it only includes 4 planned campaign DLCs, no characters weapons skins etc are included. they cleared it up a little while back, but it wasn't big news so slipped under a lot of people's radar

alphamalet

Nov 29, 2011
i'm sorry, but buying season passes in general is not smart You paid in full for something that doesn't exist yet. You paid in full for DLC that could end up being completely terrible. And the best part, you can't get a refund for your transaction. That's just being stupid. You're asking to be taken advantage of.

xPixelatedx

Jan 19, 2011
Assassin Xaero said:
Actually, now that I think about it, this reminds me of the whole Golden Key bitching. People were going on about how the Golden Key was falsely advertized as something along the lines of TF2 keys to open crates dropped by enemies, and that they used their key "without realizing" the chest in Sanctuary was gold and required keys to open. What people come up with just to complain amazes me.
Yeah, thing is this chest was literally right around a corner in a very unspectacular looking area. If you walk up to it like you would any chest, it just looks yellow (at first) and you wouldn't see the key insignia at the bottom. No, by the time you were that close it would already be open, wouldn't it? Particularly if you were playing with more then one person, and worried (often justifiably) one or all might be loot ninjas. They put in an inconspicuous chest at the beginning of the game, and there was honestly nothing to indicate what it was until it was too late. I don't know anyone who carefully examines every box before they open it in this game, especially if they are ventured Borderlands player. This franchise trains you not to do that. Of course, I don't care, I have 5 golden keys right now, but I fully understand the confusion it must have caused. It was just poor level design to put it in a random intersection, and not identify it better. The chance of many people not making a mistake was impossible. A single sign or something would have done wonders to help this.

hannes2

Dec 10, 2010
"Includes access to four brand new individual add-on content campaigns for Borderlands 2 as they become available. Add-on content packs are scheduled to be released following the game?s launch through June 2013."

I think it´s pretty clear what you´re buying here, 4 Story Add-ons to be released between now and June. I kind of agree that there should be a Season Pass that includes all DLC (and one could argue that it shouldn´t be called a "Season Pass", if it doesn´t), but that doesn´t mean there´s anything wrong with what they´re offering. Aside from that, they can´t just keep your money and not release anything. I guess they could try, but it´s kind of illegal.

It´s just like any preorder. You get a discount or a bonus and in return you agree to buy it before release. Of course it´s a bit of a gamble, at best you get 25% off, at worst none of the DLC is actually worth buying (although you´ll still get a few hours worth of gameplay out of it).

Assassin Xaero

Jul 23, 2008
xPixelatedx said:
Assassin Xaero said:
Yeah, thing is this chest was literally right around a corner in a very unspectacular looking area. If you walk up to it like you would any chest, it just looks yellow (at first) and you wouldn't see the key insignia at the bottom. No, by the time you were that close it would already be open, wouldn't it? Particularly if you were playing with more then one person, and worried (often justifiably) one or all might be loot ninjas. They put in an inconspicuous chest at the beginning of the game, and there was honestly nothing to indicate what it was until it was too late. I don't know anyone who carefully examines every box before they open it in this game, especially if they are ventured Borderlands player. This franchise trains you not to do that. Of course, I don't care, I have 5 golden keys right now, but I fully understand the confusion it it must have caused.
I still have a hard time figuring it out, I guess more the part about how they were going on about it being falsely advertised. It explicitly said "unlock a rare item in the mysterious Sanctuary loot chest". It says nothing about how the keys were "TF2-like" like these people said they were. And the fact that it was gold and has skulls on it, while the rest of the "rare" chests like that are a redish color.

That's also why I don't play online as much, because people just run for the loot chests as fast as they can to take the stuff and have even run past bosses just to get loot before others. Personally, I think those people deserve to lose a key.

Comic Sans

DOWN YOU GO!
Oct 15, 2008
Country
United States
xPixelatedx said:
Assassin Xaero said:
Yeah, thing is this chest was literally right around a corner in a very unspectacular looking area. If you walk up to it like you would any chest, it just looks yellow (at first) and you wouldn't see the key insignia at the bottom. No, by the time you were that close it would already be open, wouldn't it? Particularly if you were playing with more then one person, and worried (often justifiably) one or all might be loot ninjas. They put in an inconspicuous chest at the beginning of the game, and there was honestly nothing to indicate what it was until it was too late. I don't know anyone who carefully examines every box before they open it in this game, especially if they are ventured Borderlands player. This franchise trains you not to do that. Of course, I don't care, I have 5 golden keys right now, but I fully understand the confusion it must have caused. It was just poor level design to put it in a random intersection, and not identify it better. The chance of many people not making a mistake was impossible. A single sign or something would have done wonders to help this.
Well, the chest was yellow, had skulls on it, your golden key number pops up when you get close, and one also shows up next to the command prompt to open it. What more do you need? If you are afraid of loot ninjas, don't play with random and untrustworthy friends. They did enough to make it clear that it was different.

As for the Season Pass, as others have said they were open from the front that the Season Pass was for campaign DLCs only. Not any extra fluff. They didn't hide this. Mechromancer was always said to be separate. Any basic research could have told you this. Make sure to read the print better before buying and then getting mad when your false expectations aren't met. Take a few minutes to do some research and get more info. The internet is a great tool, use it.

Montezuma's Lawyer

Nov 5, 2011
Darkness665 said:
Specifically, the Mechromancer. If you want that it is yet another $10. And you get to pay not only the $10 but the Season Pass that cost you $30 has ZERO release dates associated with it. The pass will get you all the DLC released until June 2013. If 2K Games actually releases DLC from Gearbox that is. Since it is entirely up to them. There is nothing stated that they will actually do anything except keep your money.

2K Games has become a virtual Ubisoft. Or EA, I suppose. Although, it might take another year before their tactics sink them that far.

So beware buyers! 2K Games sells season passes that aren't.
If you actually read the fine print like a smart consumer, you'd have known this already. They NEVER claimed it would include Mechro, they stated it would include 4 campaign-like DLC, NOT that one.

Your fault for not reading!

xPixelatedx

Jan 19, 2011
Comic Sans said:
Well, the chest was yellow, had skulls on it, your golden key number pops up when you get close, and one also shows up next to the command prompt to open it. What more do you need? If you are afraid of loot ninjas, don't play with random and untrustworthy friends. They did enough to make it clear that it was different.
Again, you wouldn't even see the prompts if you turned the corner(like many did) and opened it, like you've been doing to every other chest in the game up until that point. You can't really argue for a warning you get only after it might be too late. Having a small skull decal on the side of the chest also doesn't really draw any attention to it. Given that it's so early in the game, and they have already introduced variety in the chest meshes, it's easy to assume that this is just another kind of chest you find in the game. I will reiterate, if there wasn't a problem regarding how conspicuous it was, so many people wouldn't have all made the same mistake. Granted, I acknowledge they should have been more observant of their environment, but there is some fault to be thrown at the designers as well. It would have taken little to no effort to make the whole thing look more obvious.

Darkness665

Dec 21, 2010
hazabaza1 said:
Kopikatsu said:
hazabaza1 said:
It's been said before release that Mechromancer will only be free for people who pre-ordered. Whine all you like but they made this fully aware since before launch.
Anything beyond her should be covered by the Season Pass. If it's not then you have a right to complain.
[sub][sub]By the way, anyone know if getting season passes after DLC has been released still gets you it, or is it only there for future DLC?[/sub][/sub]
Actaully, the season pass will only get you the four main story expansions. Any other DLC (Which they have said they're making) isn't covered by it. While it does say that clearly in the season pass's description, it's kind of bleh. Borderlands 2 isn't the first game to not have all DLC covered by the season pass though, so I guess this is just the next stage of DLC.

The first DLC should be out shortly though. Most of the files for it were added to the game with the Mechromancer patch, although it's still missing a few meshes. Also, there's a new rarity added in the DLC called Seraph.
Huh.
Well then, what this guy said. OP's argument is still for the most part invalid.
What part of my post was invalid?

Yep, I missed it and Gearbox didn't clarify it until a forum post on 10/4/12, which I hadn't seen as checking Gearbox forums was not on my todo list.

Additionally, several people I knew missed it. So I posted to let others know that 2K was gonna suck out another $10 to punish those that didn't pre-order. As a publisher 2K just pulled another stunt and all you can do is say, "Yeah, cool" when what gamers should be doing is letting them know that 2K is a lousy publisher. Just check out the multiplayer for Spec Ops: The Line and comments regarding same.