Borderlands is great.

TPiddy

Aug 28, 2009
Douk said:
Haven't bought it yet, but I've got the 360 launch headset so it can go inside my mouth if I wanted.
Yeah, I wish I could get a hold of one... the headset I got with the Elite has the volume controls on the cord, which sucks. I liked the old ones better because I have big hands and didn't have to take them off the controller to mute it.

geldonyetich

Aug 2, 2006
Why'd you hijack your own, "Borderlands is great" thread with discussion about the technical issues you ran into on a PS3? Clearly, we need several "Borderlands is Great" threads.

Yokai

Oct 31, 2008
I wouldn't laugh because you bought the PS3 version. That would be mean. I'd laugh because you bought a console version. But that would also be mean, just slightly less so.
Anyhow, good to know there's so much love for it out there. For a while I was really on the fence about buying this or waiting for L4D2, but now my mind is made up. Let's just hope the community isn't a bunch of dipshits.

pha kin su pah

Mar 26, 2008
MetallicaRulez0 said:
pha kin su pah said:
Spartan Bannana said:
With mics that isn't a problem :S
In all my experiences with PS3 online, nobody uses their mic even IF it works.
pha kin su pah said:
While i haven't tried using my mic yet (only use it to berate people), there is still very little in the way of communicating with group members, ie the leader seems to decide what quest to do, and where we go. thre should be some form of party voting system, or proposal idea, so the party can easily agree on what to do and not have anybody repeating quests (in older areas).
yes mics fix this problem, but what if you/they don't have a mic? what if you/they don't care for using it? or in this case, if mics barely work at all.
I've never understood this mentality. If you're playing a game with me, you MUST have a microphone. Period. End of story. Communication makes or breaks online gaming. People that play without microphones are completely useless in a lot of situations because they don't know what the group/team is trying to do.

It's incredibly easy to mute the knuckle-draggers and still have the ability to communicate with the useful members of your team.
Last time i checked, Borderlands doesn't seem to have huge pvp content, keeping it from most competitive scenes to a more casual player, which to me, doesn't necessarily warrant a "no mic, no play" mentality.

kingofpain97

Oct 22, 2009
I really do love this game right now, it's easily one of the most addicting games that I've played which hasn't happened since Fallout 3 last year, and Final Fantasy 12 three years ago.

SpAc3man

Jul 26, 2009
Been playing the PC version. LOVE IT. My only complaint was the ***** of a time I had getting the multiplayer going. Need to forward a silly amount of ports to be able to host

Shadowfaze

Jul 15, 2009
Im thoroughly enjoying it. for me, it one this years best games. yes, i too am playing it on ps3. and it rocks.

RomasantaMC

Jan 9, 2010
I truly feel bad for the poster so bad Im posting this even after the thread is clearly dead
Go to the gearbox forums specifically for mic issues here http://gbxforums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=76879&page=28
after reading all the post its evidentally gamespys fault for the mic issues who was contracted by gearbox therefore gearboxs fault. I recommend not buying anything from gearbox ever again due to there shitty management decisions or be raped by them for producing a game that is broken by incompetance.

e2density

Dec 25, 2009
I guess the PS3 just fails with this game.
Runs great on PC. Then again there isn't a game currently on the market that doesn't run great on my PC...