Borrowing permanently

Ljs1121

Mar 17, 2011
Pretty much every Xbox 360 game I own was originally loaned to me by my nephew. He then sold his Xbox so I guess he won't be asking for the games back any time soon! :D

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Well I did used to kept hold of my great grandmother toy (it was a dog that fold into a shape). Granted I don't have it anymore (my parent chuch it away with most of my toys when I grow up) and she passed away years ago so I guess I slip out of that one (no offend to my great grandmother).

DJ_DEnM

My brother answers too!
Dec 22, 2010
My brother borrowed a copy of NES games from a friend when they were young. Note that this was past the NES generation so NES games weren't in production anymore.

Hero in a half shell

It's not easy being green
Dec 30, 2009
Money. A lot of money borrowed from various friends over the years in small amounts.

I always mean to pay it back, but then every time I see them I forget. I still owe one of the guys I used to live with £60 for household bills back 2 years ago when we were at uni. I can't even remember which one of my friends it was.
I was that guy in uni, the one who all the bowls and mugs in the house would slowly end up in my room. But I'm much more tidy now... ...wait, no I'm not.

I'll see one of them next weekend though, so I should square the debt then, if my damn bank ever get round to fixing their ATM station.

Also I borrowed a tonne of classic rock CDs from my uncle, and would always forget to return them, which turned out to be a blessing in disguise when his garage burned down and he thought he'd lost all of his collection, but half of them were sitting in my dining room. He's got them back now.

Arakasi

Jun 14, 2011
Lylat Wars for n64.
My copy mysteriously vanished, so I borrowed a friend's version. It has been a long time since I have seen said friend.

Scorched_Cascade

Innocence proves nothing
Sep 26, 2008
Hmm, the only thing that springs to mind are 3 Gotrek and Felix omibus collections (because sod looking up obscure plural words; Omnibi? Omnibuses? Omnibus?) that I burrowed from a friend to read before we fell out of touch. I reminded them that I had them last time we spoke but that's about it.

Oh and a fair few games from my brother, I burrow some of his, he burrows mine and the games become semi-permenant residents until the other burrows it back again if that counts?

redisforever

Oct 5, 2009
Battlefield 3 for PS3. CoD playing friend bought it, and didn't like it. He gave it to me, I now keep it.

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
Items have ranged from a pen to a game copy to a game system to at one point for three years Ihad a friends car before he authorized me tosell it after he got another (of course Ihad to give him the money minus sellers fee). I'm thinking next Imay try for a house then maybhe a wife.

vun

Burrowed Lurker
Apr 10, 2008
A small bell, you know, the kind they put on christmas decorations. I didn't really borrow it, but it's the closest I can think of.
Back when I was about 12 I was watching TV at a friend's place, playing with a small bell I'd found laying around because my fingers need to be doing something when I'm watching TV. Since my feet were on the edge of the table right in front of me after a while the bell eventually found it way into my sock, not all the way down mind you, just 1-2cm or so. I took it out and put it back in a few times until I for some reason forgot to take it out again. I didn't notice that until I was well home and about to take off my socks before going to bed.

It's funny how I can still remember it this clearly, this is the first time I've ever told this story. No idea where the bell is now, though, I probably tossed it out a few years ago.
So not strictly borrowing, but hopefully a slightly interesting read for some.

Other than that I rarely borrow things or ask people to loan me money, in the rare cases I do I always return or pay back as soon as I can.
Same when people borrow stuff from me, I always make sure to get it back. Not about money though because I will only lend money to people I know will pay me back. Sometimes in bacon.

Though the reverse almost happened to my copy of Dawn of War Double Pack, which was incredibly hard to find, eventually found it in a store at the Copenhagen airport. A friend wanted to borrow it, this was about the time when I started drifting apart from most of my friends, something I noticed and made sure to get it back before we'd completely lost touch with eachother.

DudeistBelieve

TellEmSteveDave.com
Sep 9, 2010
I actually believe one of my closest friends still have my gamecube controller and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.... but it's of little consequence since I got rid of the Wii ages ago.

Actually my copy of Fallout 3 isn't mine. A friend let me barrow it and I failed to bring it back.... I really ought to call and ask him if he wants it back.

Razentsu

Jun 21, 2011
I've accidentally perma-borrowed Ninja Gaiden Black from a friend, who in turn has accidentally perma-borrowed my copy of Metroid Prime 2: Echoes.

Kae

That which exists in the absence of space.
Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
Well when I was a kid I "borrowed" a lot of things from other people's pockets, backpacks and lockers, to be fair I don't think I developed a proper moral compass until I was 18 or so, and back then I only identified things as good if somebody told me they were, but anyway I have a few calculators, there's an iPod without a charger laying around somewhere, a bunch of GBA games including Megaman Zero, Shining Soul, Mario Kart Super Circuit, etcetera, in fact now that I think about it I'm pretty sure I never bought a GBA so probably that too, Prince of Persia Warrior Within and Star Wars: Bounty Hunter for the GC, there's also a controller for the GC that I actually did borrow from a friend and never returned, I'm also pretty sure that my copies of StarFox an F-Zero X for the N64 were stolen too, and a bunch more stuff a lot of it that I can't remember, oh yeah I'm pretty sure I have a BB gun that I stole from the principals office because he confiscated my Swiss Army Knife [small](Which I stole from my father)[/small] just because I pulled it out on someone, I never found my knife.

I don't steal anymore though, now I have a moral compass and I feel bad if I take something, so don't worry I don't do that anymore.

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
I've got nearly all the Pre-2004 RIFTS books.

Buddy of mine let me borrow them, and then he got deployed over to the M.E.

I'll give them back to him, whenever he resigns or comes back long enough to collect them.
XD

Shockolate

Feb 27, 2010
The only thing I can think of (because it's something I've been meaning to give back) is the Hunger Games Trilogy.

I borrowed a good 5 months ago and the friend has been having family issues and moving around a lot lately and I just haven't seen him since, and probably won't since the end of the year.

Feels bad man.

Stryc9

Elite Member
Nov 12, 2008
I've got two seasons of Dragonball Z DVDs that a former friend lent me\stashed at my house so his kids wouldn't ruin them, then a bunch of shit happened and we don't talk anymore so they're still sitting around collecting dust. I don't feel bad about it, he's got some of my games that I lent him and who knows what happened to them and he owed me money so....

suitepee7

I can smell sausage rolls
Dec 6, 2010
A copy of doom3, the guy i borrowed it from turned into a bey so dont see him anymore.

also 3 slipknot and 5 marilyn manson cds off one of my best mates, and just never got round to giving them back. they are now mine...