Borrowing permanently

Kae

That which exists in the absence of space.
Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
TaintedSaint said:
Thieves are scum and worse are thieves who steal from friends and family. And yes no mater how nice you are if you take something that someone else has worked for you are a scumbag period.
Well I get what you mean the act of stealing is kind of bad in most circumstances [small](But not all)[/small], like my own [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/jump/18.388412.15549620], by which I mean I was kind of a bastard, but I think you're first comment was overreacting with you're first comment, after all you were implying that everyone that has done what the borrowing and never returning thing is bad, and to be fair most people are just saying that they forgot which sounds more like an honest mistake.

With that out of the way, look to the left!
You're words they hurt me, though I will agree that what I did wasn't right I don't see how that makes me a bad person, after all I did mention a bunch of times that I don't do it anymore, I mean just because I did bad things in the past I'm a bad person?
I don't think so, what I do now is what matters, and if what I do now is good then I'm a good person, at least as far as I care.

But anyway I disagree, I do not think that just because you steal you are a bad person, there has to be more context, and family and friends aren't always nice people anyway, as far as I care it depends on the circumstances.

Myndnix

Aug 11, 2012
I've had this go both ways.
My original copy of Lylat Wars (Star Fox 64) was borrowed by a friend who moved away to another town while he still had it. I was quite angry.
And I once borrowed Sonic Spinball from a friend, and...I still have it. I think we both forgot I was borrowing it until neither of us really cared anymore.

Reaper195

Jul 5, 2009
Back in the day when it first came out, I had a copy of Star Wars Episode 1 on PC (The game). I enjoyed the shit out of it. I lent it to a friend of mine who also loved Star Wars and the game. Then he moved away and I never got it back. I was never able to play the game for years while my parents had that computer, and I didn't know anything about piracy or No CD cracks back then, so I was left looking at the "Please insert the disc" message for ages.

...always wondered what happened to him, never heard from him again after the day he moved.

Kae

That which exists in the absence of space.
Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
TaintedSaint said:
Wait I think I've got it figured out, I don't think I've considered how the victim feels, I think I only have the thief perspective so I didn't really think of the consequences, I mean you can be a good person and not think of the consequences of you're actions, which may mean that you're moral values are a little bit diminished because you don't really think of what you did to the other guy, which means there can be good people who are thieves, they just haven't thought of the consequences of their actions, having said shortcoming doesn't really makes them bad though.
And me feeling bad about stealing wasn't really about empathy, it was more that I'd been told by Superman and Batman [small](That's where I found a moral sense, no that's not a joke)[/small] that it was bad, and I felt bad because just because they told me it was wrong not because I actually cared that what I was taking was what somebody else worked hard for, and though now I have developped feelings of empathy, back when I stopped stealing it was just because I felt guilty because I almost killed someone [small](For completely unrelated reasons that I won't get into)[/small] and that's what the true scum of the Earth do, doesn't really matter why I did it, but just that I was willing to do it, and since I didn't want to be a bad person I decided to do what the best people ever think is right, and since the definition of good was Super-Heroes I did what they said was right including attempting to fight crime, but I failed miserably at that.
[sub]Wow! I sound like a complete idiot, but I guess I kind of am.
[sub]I think I have the potential to be a fairly funny cartoon.
[sub]I had this realization after reading my own words [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/jump/18.388546.15557563], which kinda makes me sound like hypocrite I guess, but again I haven't stolen anything in around four years now.[/sub][/sub][/sub]

MortisLegio

Nov 5, 2008
No, I'm the guy people borrow stuff from and don't give it back. Even when I confront them about it, they deny they ever borrowed it. Had to steal back a few books back that had my name in it.

Geth Reich

Sep 16, 2012
My first primary school is never getting these Asterix and Obelix comics back!

I'm also sure a former friend is still "borrowing" my copy of Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel.....

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
A friend lent me a copy of CounterStrike for the original Xbox, and never wanted it back. It's not got anything on the PC version, but it was good for a laugh when friends came over.

DazBurger

May 22, 2009
A crossbow.. And a few other nick-nacks.
But the owners know I have them and don't really want them back.

Death Carr

Less Than 3D
Mar 30, 2011
Pokemon Sapphire.
I borrowed it from a friend and then he moved away.
I rang him up a couple of weeks later and asked him if he wanted it back, but he said no.

Old Father Eternity

Aug 6, 2010
Yes ... ehm ... I have ... borrowed ... things ... not really because I wanted ... I simply forgot
A library book for example, for some ten years now, I think