Borrowing permanently

Al-Bundy-da-G

Apr 11, 2011
Mangles69 said:
Marter said:
A copy of Super Paper Mario.

I borrowed it from some kids that I babysat, and hadn't quite finished it by the next time I went there. That ended up being the last time I ever babysat for them.

To be fair to me, I did call them and ask if they wanted it back, but they said they didn't (the parents and the kids, both), because they beat it and were going to get rid of it anyway. So I didn't feel too bad keeping it...

wtf ur so lucky - that game is a GEM!

Its worth a fuckload these days - anywhere between 150 - 200 dollars...Keep it for as long as u can, will be worth a fortune later down the track since NINTY didn't make a shitload of copies.
What? Super Paper Mario a gem worth $200? You sure you don't mean Paper Mario 64 or maybe Thousand Year Door?

Al-Bundy-da-G

Apr 11, 2011
I borrowed my parent's car for two years before I totaled it, does that count?

Other than that I've got like 50 VHS cassettes that I liberated from friends and family that I never got around to returning. I've had some for fifteen years now.

Fasckira

Dice Tart
Oct 22, 2009
So..... theft?

I used to be terrible for it when I was younger but as I grew older I made a stronger effort to avoid doing it. I have some friends who are still like that though, one of which if I lend him something I'm pretty much of the opinion that I'll never see it again.

Biggest thing though would be a laptop. An IBM X60s to be precise. Borrowed it from work for a couple of weeks then got moved to a new department. Best laptop I ever owned.

wottabout

May 4, 2011
So I guess I'm the third person on this thread who borrowed Final Fantasy X and didn't give it back. Well, the girl I was borrowing it from said I could borrow it for as long as I liked, even into college, so it's not like this was entirely unexpected. We haven't seen each other in three years, but I still plan to mail it to her at some point.

I also borrowed Vampire: The Masquerade--Bloodlines from the same person, but then she outright said I could keep it. Good times

Oh, and I also borrowed a ham radio guide from a teacher, and then he retired and I never gave it back. I still hope to learn how to operate a ham radio someday.

And come to think of it, there's a pile of books I need to read and give back to another friend. I really want to read these books, I just never have the time, so they just sit there, and I would feel like a jerk if I borrowed some books for two years and then returned them without even reading them.

Joccaren

Elite Member
Mar 29, 2011
A few pencils and some rulers.

Otherwise nothing. I generally don't need to borrow things, and when I do I make sure I return them, unless they're pencils or rulers or pens that I'll need for the rest of the year. Then I'll keep them, so long as that person has spares.

necromanzer52

Mar 19, 2009
Come to think of it, my copy of prince of persia: sands of time doesn't belong to me. I've had for over 5 years, and I honestly have no clue who it belongs to.

Same goes for splinter cell.

KefkaCultist

Jun 8, 2010
I've had a friend's copy of "Interview with a Vampire" since senior year of high school.

I also have my brother's copy of Fable: The Lost Chapters, but he kinda psuedo-gave that to me.

keideki

Sep 10, 2008
I've wound up sitting on a couple items for years at a time, but usually I try to give back borrowed things as soon as I can. I did wind up borrowing a boxed set of X for over 3 years though.

Some_weirdGuy

Nov 25, 2010
I'm pretty sure the pokemon handbook(you guys remember the one right? :p) i have was actually my friends. By the time i realised though, he wasn't into pokemon so he didn't want it back.

My cousin has a bad habit of doing this with everything i've ever lent (or had stolen by) her.
That was my mew (pokemon) bouncy ball! :mad:
and my sims making magic install disks >:mad:
and my kirby nightmare in dreamland >:mad:(((

needless to say, I don't lend things to people, probably because of the harsh lessons learned through her XD

IndomitableSam

Sep 6, 2011
My cousin borrowed our LOTR Extended Editions years ago, then moved across the fucking country. And I've seen him about 5 times in the last ten years. Still kinda pissed about it as sometimes I think I'd like to watch them again.

TaintedSaint

Mar 16, 2011
If its someone else property and they loaned it to you but you have no intention or returning it then you are a thief period and if you did it to a friend or a family member you are even lower true scum of the earth.

Gatx

Jul 7, 2011
Now that I think of it that's how I got my copy of Soul Calibur II. I paid it forward though, a friend of mine borrowed a copy of Jedi Outcast on the Gamecube from me and after a while I just told him he could keep it. Besides, the Gamecube version kind of sucked.

Kae

That which exists in the absence of space.
Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
TaintedSaint said:
If its someone else property and they loaned it to you but you have no intention or returning it then you are a thief period and if you did it to a friend or a family member you are even lower true scum of the earth.
My, my how judgemental, I would hesitate to call a simple thief "The true scum of the Earth", there are certainly far worse things around, besides I've met thieves that are really nice people, though I'm probably biased since as I stated earlier I did use to be a thief, I'm not really ashamed of it, I think it's a fun thing to bring up and kind of a cool backstory "You know there was a time I would have stolen you're wallet instead of lending you money", not to mention it makes it easier to choose a class in an RPG since I already am one, anyway one bad action hardly makes you the devil, morality is not black and white, also in spite of having been a thief I'd be surprised if I was considered a bad person, I'm a pretty awesome [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/jump/18.388481.15553862] person after all.

Simon Thunberg

Jun 16, 2011
I got a box of Half-life games. I also borrowed Dungeon Keeper 2 from some friends, who we later failed to give back. and a few other games. mostly it is because we forgot about them. and it was first several years later I rememberd they were borrowed.

once my sister borrowed a collection of JackAss. I hate jackasss, but i still have it for some reason.

TaintedSaint

Mar 16, 2011
Kaleion said:
TaintedSaint said:
My, my how judgemental, I would hesitate to call a simple thief "The true scum of the Earth", there are certainly far worse things around, besides I've met thieves that are really nice people, though I'm probably biased since as I stated earlier I did use to be a thief, I'm not really ashamed of it, I think it's a fun thing to bring up and kind of a cool backstory "You know there was a time I would have stolen you're wallet instead of lending you money", not to mention it makes it easier to choose a class in an RPG since I already am one, anyway one bad action hardly makes you the devil, morality is not black and white, also in spite of having been a thief I'd be surprised if I was considered a bad person, I'm a pretty awesome [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/jump/18.388481.15553862] person after all.
Thieves are scum and worse are thieves who steal from friends and family. And yes no mater how nice you are if you take something that someone else has worked for you are a scumbag period.