Boy Sees Boobs in Comic, Tells Mom, Mom Tells News

tzimize

Mar 1, 2010
aaronmcc said:
Har har har

If I were him I would hae kept it secreted under my bed and had special times :)

Hear hear! What a silly kid ._. Also...grats on the mum for not checking what she buys. (not that a couple of boobs ever hurt anyone...and if anyone digs up something from the web now where someone has actually been hurt by a couple of boobs I might just stop posting forever...)

adderseal

Nov 20, 2009
Pretty funny stuff!
But surely: boy reads comic, sees boobs, keeps comic, gets on with life. But apparently not :/

katsabas

Apr 23, 2008
Umm, there is a fucking Grim Reaper on the cover. What was that brat doing buying the comic in the first place? His mom oughta pay more attention.

TheSentinel

May 10, 2008
AboveUp said:
d319tm said:
AboveUp said:
When will people ever learn that if something isn't for children and even tells you so on the cover or box, it really means it's not for them?

All this media-driven insanity is starting to grow tiring.
It didn't say on the packaging, it said that it was suitable for all the family.
No, the packaging did not. The store did, and even so the cover says enough about the contents as is.
What are you talking about? This collection is for the whole family! This comic is just for dad. [http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SarcasmMode]

dietpeachsnapple

May 27, 2009
I am conflicted on the matter.

The only way to 'protect' a child from ever seeing breasts would be to analyze every medium they encounter, be it educational, entertainment, or otherwise. You would need to restrain and supervise their peer play and goodness knows you would need to keep them away from girls.

On the other hand...finding breasts in the 'family friendly' section shouldn't be something you need to worry about.

-.-

I am going to side with the notion that we are all a little worked up over the 'human body' thing. I would call 'informing the news' an over reaction.

joshthor

Aug 18, 2009
so wait... idiot parents blaming someone else for their own stupid mistakes is news?

elvor0

Sep 8, 2008
katsabas said:
Umm, there is a fucking Grim Reaper on the cover. What was that brat doing buying the comic in the first place? His mom oughta pay more attention.
@katsabas: As far as I'm aware the mother bought it for him, and second of all: OH NOES THE GRIM REAPER! Please, they have stuff like that ghost trains. Which are for children. Heck Skeletor has a skull for a face, so does the Skull Master from Mighty Max, it's a comic book for christ sake, if you'd assume it was for kids, there's nothing to be amazed at the fact that it had the Grim Reaper on the cover.

Now OT: People will kick up a fuss about anything. And I'm betting that kid was payed to say "I saw a naked woman and got mad, then saw violence and handed it to a grown up", no kid acts naturally like that except if he has extreme conditioning of somekind. Now here it's no ones fault but he packaging company. But the kid is still wetter than a thunderstorm sandwich, and mum is a bit over the top.

Rect Pola

May 19, 2009
That's funny. In the 80's the lad would have told all his friends about it and it would have become a cult-hit lore. To get what I'm talking about, watch the Escape to the Movies on Heavy Metal.

laryri

May 19, 2008
joshthor said:
so wait... idiot parents blaming someone else for their own stupid mistakes is news?
This is one situation where we cannot blame the parents. The package said it was all family friendly, this was a big slip-up for whatever company did the packaging.

i64ever

Aug 26, 2008
"Oooohhh, Mommy, Mommy, please help! My comic book is making me look at boobies!"

What a wuss! Even at 10, I would have considered this a major score and made sure Mom never knew. I could see a 6 or 7 year old reacting this way, but 10? Seriously, kid grow a pair.

Xorghul

Jul 2, 2008
...it's interesting, and more than a little pleasing, how little people seem to be freaking out about this.
That would be because it's not a game.

Booze Zombie

Dec 8, 2007
evilartist said:
Don't forget, this is Utah. The kid and his mom are probably those prudish Mormon types.
Well, I didn't want to mention that, but yeah, I had guessed about as much, no offence to any Americans, I'm sure you're not all offended at titties.

Akai Shizuku

Jul 24, 2009
Whoopdee freaking doo. Real life is even worse, get over it. Censorship is for the weak and stupid.

Ih8pkmn

Apr 20, 2010
is this kid stupid?

or, rather, is his MOM stupid? If she thinks that ONE pair of milk factories is offensive, her head is going to explode if, no, WHEN the kid starts reading "Watchmen".

experiment0789

Feb 14, 2009
WhiteTiger225 said:
d319tm said:
Quite pleased that this hasn't caused a backlash against comic books and all, the news story didn't seem to blame them and just put it down to an unfortunate mix up.
Comic Books are okay, it is VIDEO GAMES that are made by the devil himself... Barak Obama!
I wondered if some one was going to make a "VIDEO GAMES R EVIL" comment.
As for your political opion, I would keep that to your self.