Boy Sees Boobs in Comic, Tells Mom, Mom Tells News

hannan4mitch

Jan 19, 2010
I lay odds that someone is going to raise 70 or so year old the corpse of the "comic books are evil!!!" claim from the dead, when it should have stayed dead and six feet under.

geldonyetich

Aug 2, 2006
"Mom! MOOOOOM! Boobs! I saw Boobs! OMG! I thought you told me that these things were made up by the government to steal our money!"

Canid117

Oct 6, 2009
That is the tamest ten year old ever. Anyone else would have said ooohhh... and kept it hidden from his mother for as long as he possibly could.

Magnalian

Dec 10, 2009
Susan Arendt said:
Straying Bullet said:
The mother is a fool, at least briefly scan the content to be sure what you are buying is actually child-friendly.

Either way, I am glad they haven't sued the store for it.
Especially given the skeleton with a scythe right on the cover.
You'd think that would have tipped them off about the comic not being rated 'E for Everyone'...

Jamieson 90

Mar 29, 2010
I don't understand how people get so mad over nudity, its not bad at all, What kid has never seen their parents or other siblings naked at some point in their life?

I can understand how a 10 year old might freak out any older and I might have said it was a bit odd for turning it in, don't understand the mother though, no need to go to the news at all

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
Straying Bullet said:
The mother is a fool, at least briefly scan the content to be sure what you are buying is actually child-friendly.

I usually follow one rule when it comes to determining if a comic is children friendly. If it got a skull on a pike it's usually meant for older audiences. I hate hysterical parents who buy violent comics and then frown upon nudity.

theironbat46

Aug 19, 2009
"Mom, there are boobs in here!" said the boy.
"Rable Rable Rable!!!
Let us tell the media." said the mom.
"Rable Rable Rable!!!" said the media collectively.
"Now let us tell the store!" said the mom.
"Uhhh, ohmygosh." said the clerk.
"RABLE RABLE RABLE!!!!"

GiantRedButton

Mar 30, 2009
In germany we have boobs in the newspaper, nobody cares.
However that is a rather crappy yellow press newspaper anyway :)
Or you see them at 12 oclock on tv.
Anyway why are breast so terrible that a kid can't handle them?

Klarinette

May 21, 2009
Way to jump to conclusions. Definitely take a look at the comic for yourself before throwing a shit fit there, Ma. It's like a kid picking up a MAD Magazine. Mind you, that one's a little more obvious, but still! Look at it first.

Keepitclean

Sep 16, 2009
That kid... At that age I would have kept the comic and not said a word.

Why didn't the mum just go to the shop and ask for here money back instead of getting the news to do it for her?

WhiteTiger225

Aug 6, 2009
experiment0789 said:
WhiteTiger225 said:
experiment0789 said:
WhiteTiger225 said:
d319tm said:
Quite pleased that this hasn't caused a backlash against comic books and all, the news story didn't seem to blame them and just put it down to an unfortunate mix up.
Comic Books are okay, it is VIDEO GAMES that are made by the devil himself... Barak Obama!
I wondered if some one was going to make a "VIDEO GAMES R EVIL" comment.
As for your political opion, I would keep that to your self.
It was a joke ya doof -_-

Do You Mean the "it is VIDEO GAMES that are made by the devil himself" comment, are the "devil himself... Barak Obama" comment,are both.

If you were jokeing about VIDEO GAMES being made by the devil himself,I knew that It was I just was wondering when someone would make a refrence to the whole "VIDEO GAMES R EVIL" BS now that Comic books might be next.
As for the "devil himself... Barak Obama" thing......Well if it was a joke.......My bad.
Both were jokes, I was mocking the people that actually believe Barak is LITERALLY the anti christ XD Since they go by 2012 and that being when the next vote term is :p

Loves2spooge

Apr 13, 2009
The next day at school:

"Guess what guys, I got this comic, and there were BOOBS in it!"
"Woah, where is it?"
"I gave it to my mother, because I shouldn't be looking at that, and she gave it to the press so I wouldn't have to see it again, and you guys won't too!"

*Kid gets beaten to death by friends. When it comes to the court trial, the judge dismisses the crime, claiming Sheyldon was being "uncool"*

DJude

Jul 1, 2009
Straying Bullet said:

Which is actually suprising, seeing as how the first thing that people think to do nowadays is sue...

elricik

Nov 1, 2008
A kid sees a naked women and runs to tell his mom? Wow that would have never happened with me.

dochmbi

Sep 15, 2008
Yes, Americans do indeed suffer from cultural hypersensitivity to nudity.

I would be interested in knowing more about the cultural antrophology of attitudes towards nudity.
How come there are such a vast differences and how did different attitudes develop?