Call of Duty: Black Ops Soundtrack to Feature Eminem

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
Call of Duty: Black Ops Soundtrack to Feature Eminem

The next installment of the Call of Duty series just got a little bit more hip-hop.

With all the music games that Activision publishes, news about it adding an artist to the lineup of a DJ Hero [http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=77942] isn't all that unusual, but something like Call of Duty? That's bound to quirk a few eyebrows

It's been confirmed that Eminem will contribute music to Call of Duty: Black Ops, specifically a song from his latest album Recovery. "Activision's fall titles are set to give gamers an unparalleled musical experience," said Activision CEO Bobby Kotick in a statement that included not just Black Ops [http://www.amazon.com/Starcraft-II-Wings-Liberty-Pc/dp/B000ZKA0J6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1277734468&sr=8-1], but also more traditional music games.

"We have assembled an exceptionally talented roster of artists, many of whom have created exclusive or originally recorded tracks for our games. We are sure our titles will offer a variety of tracks that will appeal to our wide consumer base and delight the most passionate music and gaming fans," he added.

Eminem's unique brand of rapping might not immediately scream "first person shooter set during the cold war", but we don't know as yet exactly where the song will appear, so it might all make sense after all.

Source: MCV [http://www.mcvuk.com/news/39473/E3-2010-Eminem-in-COD-Black-Ops]

Nov 7, 2009
"Unparalleled musical experience"?

And Eminem?

Ha. Ha ha ha ha ha ha.

Another reason not to buy this game, and to hate this utterly mediocre franchise...

JEBWrench

Apr 23, 2009
It uses innovative technology to replace any online player's comments with his rap lyrics.

(No change there, amirite?)

latenightapplepie

Nov 9, 2008
No thank you. I mean, it's only one song but...I really dislike Eminem. Not that I was considering buying Black Ops anyway and that this alone has changed my mind.

The DSM

Apr 18, 2009
Ermm....

Let me show you how far apart these subjects are...

Rap--------------------------------------------------------------------------------War

Thats very far.

Next we are going to have Metal in a RTS

...Oh wait Brual Legend, crap...

JourneyThroughHell

Sep 21, 2009
Replacing Hans Zimmer with Eminem?
Alright, 50 cent was in the last game but he didn't sing.
Rap does not work in Call Of Duty, guys. It's all orchestral music.
latenightapplepie said:
No thank you. I mean, it's only one song but...I really dislike Eminem. Not that I was considering buying Black Ops anyway and that this alone has changed my mind.
Well, that's... really wrong.
I mean, there is some horrible fucking music I can't stand and some of my favorite GH games feature them.
And even then it's not really that big of a deal.

tehroc

Jul 6, 2009
I hope they don't consider this to be a selling point as it fails for me in any regard.

If they go through all that hassle why not hire him as a small voice part for one of the npcs.

JEBWrench

Apr 23, 2009
The DSM said:
Ermm....

Let me show you how far apart these subjects are...

Rap--------------------------------------------------------------------------------War
Hey, two of the letters are the same, and one in the same spot! They're totally related.

Daveman

has tits and is on fire
Jan 8, 2009
Thery really should have put Lose Yourself in. That song can be applied to almost anything and most people like it.

darthzew

Jun 19, 2008
Why does it seem like the more I learn about this game, the less interested I get?

GundamSentinel

The leading man, who else?
Aug 23, 2009
xavierxenon said:
zala-taichou said:
Whaddaya know, another reason not to buy it... Like it needed any more.
Kajt said:
Yet another reason not to buy it.
Those reasons being?
Shitty writing, crappy looking weapons, trying to deviate from Modern Warfare but not succeeding, a character with a voice (like there aren't enough nonsense-spewing soldiers running around without the player chiming in). Those reasons.

[edit] Oh, and let's not forget, Baysplosion!

Dogstile

Jan 17, 2009
I hope its one of his funnier songs, Eminem is like, the only rapper I can stand.