Can we STOP spelling Microsoft with a "$" PLEASE!!!

Naheal

Sep 6, 2009
Hubilub said:
headshotcatcher said:
PayJ567 said:
People can do as they like. How about YOU just don't get bothered by it. You're the problem here not the people who post it as you're the one making a thread about it and unnecessarily telling people what they can and can't do.
That's like saying "Nazi Germany wasn't in the wrong, it was those stupid Allied forces for being bothered by them!"
I am banishing you to a black hole of time until you realize your mistake, young man
...must...not....OH GOD, AWESOME IMAGE

Feb 13, 2008
When they allow free DLC, like other companies; patch their critical bugs, like other companies; support their machines, like other companies; and generally put some thought into PR, then they can get the 's' back.

harvz

Jun 20, 2010
its called micro$oft or M$ for short purely because they charge for everything, makes it worse and charge outrageously.

for those of you wondering, search linux (ubuntu/mint are the easier ones). you may notice something ITS FREE. the linux distro's are considered < windows in all aspects except for gaming, which is about to change.

Tinneh

Oct 10, 2009
Sir John the Net Knight said:
People aren't gonna stop doing that, they might lose their "indie cred". A term I can never say with a straight face.
Hehe, Indie Cred. That is fun to say.

And I never said "Micro$oft," nothing wrong with it.

Also, cool Demomaiden avatar, Sir John.

Cinnamonfloss

Mar 21, 2010
What?
Micro$oft with a $ did you $ay?
Do you want me to $top using a $ for micro$oft?
Are you $ure?
Like, Micro$oft?
You sur?
Micro..$$$oft...?
$?

lostzombies.com

Apr 26, 2010
It isn't something negative in my opinion. M$ have earnt that little title by being the most successful company in the World. Every other company on the planet can only dream of one day being so successful.

SnipErlite

Aug 16, 2009
maddawg IAJI said:
headshotcatcher said:
PayJ567 said:
People can do as they like. How about YOU just don't get bothered by it. You're the problem here not the people who post it as you're the one making a thread about it and unnecessarily telling people what they can and can't do.
That's like saying "Nazi Germany wasn't in the wrong, it was those stupid Allied forces for being bothered by them!"
Why is it that EVERY conversation, no matter the subject, brings up Nazis or WWII in some way shape or form.
Godwin's Law [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin's_law] - Sorry it just has to happen.

OT: *shrug* because they're more faceless and big evil bastardy than other companies. Or it's cool to hate on them. Or because they overprice things. Meh.

Metal Brother

Jan 4, 2010
martyrdrebel27 said:
unless you can show me one company that actively hates and rejects money and profit, microsoft is just another face in the crowd. They're not the most greedy or the most customer-unfriendly. they're not evil. they're not good either, don't get me wrong, they're just capitalists.
+1

Personally, I just wish that there was some currency symbol that I could use when spelling "Apple" or "Google" to balance things out.

TheDrunkNinja

Jun 12, 2009
You really have no idea? You do realize that if Bill Gates wasn't such a brilliantly devilish man, he would be behind bars immediately for all his illegal activities with Microsoft.

You know the term "monopoly" right? Yeah you do, it's illegal. What he has is basically referred to as a "near monopoly". Barely legal, yet just above illegal. Every practice that turns a company into a monopoly, all that is on Bill's track record. He's lucky, truly. While a company's sole interest is in making massive amounts of profit, the way Microsoft does it is what puts that dollar sign in their name.

DarKye

Jul 8, 2010
$ure thing.

By the way, you are aware of Microsoft's business practices through history, right?

MadeinHell

Jun 18, 2009
Honestly I don't get the problem :p.

I rarely if ever see someone spelling Microsoft with $. And when it happens it's usually some 12-y old that is annoyed because his "Micro$oft" game doesn't work :p.

CastIronWin

Sep 15, 2009
headshotcatcher said:
to be honest this thread died the second this chap mentioned te nazis.

Pyotr Romanov

Jul 8, 2009
Hubilub said:
headshotcatcher said:
PayJ567 said:
I am banishing you to a black hole of time until you realize your mistake, young man
2 hours have passed since I clicked that link.
I knew it! I knew it, but I still clicked...
Why did you do this to me... Is it because I couldn't return the 50 xp?

OT: I do occasionally type M? (damn euros on ipod) like that, but I never realized it was so common that it was already regarded as old.
Still, I see no problem and will continue to do it.