Cartoon that was canceled you wish hadn't been.

Hermia

Jan 10, 2011
Madshadow said:
Of course Batman beyond, also Pirates of Darkwater and Fish police
Finally someone else who remembers Pirates of Darkwater, most people have no idea what I am talking about when I bring that show up. I agree with your choice.

Also, Invader Zim.

CM156_v1legacy

Revelation 9:6
Mar 23, 2011
Ed, Edd, n' Eddy.

That show was a large part of my childhood, and it was sad to see it go. However, I suppose all things must end in time.

FireCoroner

Jun 28, 2010
squidbuddy99 said:
Plus the theme song is kickass:

Great show and a great theme song by danny elfman. It was originally made for the movie "Forbidden Zone". Have a listen:

If you like that, you should check out some Oingo Boingo. I'd recommend the live album "Farewell", their last ever gig. It Fuckin Rocks.

NezumiiroKitsune

Mar 29, 2008
The only cancelled shows (ones that didn't end by design) that I miss are Megas XLR and My Name is Earl. I didn't subscribe to making sure I saw "My Name is Earl" when it was being aired, but whenever I saw it on I tended to gravitate towards it if there wasn't anything else to do, and I came out of watching it feeling thoroughly entertained. However I am fairly confident I have seen them all now, so I wouldn't mind them making more to fill those rare TV watching voids. Megas XLR I genuinely adored and would actively make time in the week to see.

Someone said Samurai Jack, but I was under the impression that ended properly, so I won't count it. There was a short lived talk / game show on BBC called "Genius with Dave Gorman" which was one of the funniest things I've seen on BBC. I don't know if it's being renewed for a second season or if it was cancelled for some reason, but I hope that makes a return if so. If you have never heard of it, I encourage you to seek it out.

I'm surprised so few come to mind, I watch more anime than anything aired on UK satellite, but not serial anime, so the anime I like gets 12 - 24 episodes, and then finishes properly. If it's very well received it gets a film or a sequel but I rarely hope for them if it ended well. An obvious exception was Neon Genesis Evangelion, which was to closure as rabies is to pleasant.

fishman279

Oct 29, 2009
Teen Titans. So many questions unanswered. I watched them all recently (never watched beyond the 2nd season as a kid) and after the last episode I couldn't believe that was it. I felt sure there was an episode to at least round it all off nicely but no, it just left you with more questions! I've never felt so screwed over in my life. Oh and it was awesome.

Himmelgeher

May 17, 2010
Animaniacs was pretty much the best thing ever, Firefly excepted. I still go back and watch an episode now and again. I think you'd be hard pressed to find a kid who grew up in the 90s and didn't love it. If you can, then it's pretty clear that they're an alien posing as a human and didn't actually grow up in the 90s.

Nemesis729

Jul 9, 2010
-Futurama- I almost lost it when I heard they were canceling it, Very happy it's back
-Ed Edd and Eddy
-Johnny Bravo
-Samurai Jack

Cheezeypoofs

Professional Brony
Dec 19, 2010
Flapjack is the only one I can think of that hasn't been mentioned yet. Not entirely sure if it has been cancelled or not but I haven't even seen any reruns of it in a while.

Kuilui

Apr 1, 2010
Justice league unlimited. It was cancelled because the new ceo didn't like the art style. WTF
Megas XLR, I have the theme song as my ringtone..I miss that show.
Samurai Jack, duh
Invader zim!

Those are the ones off the top of my head.

Condor219

Sep 14, 2010
Teen Titans, Megas XLR, and Samurai Jack. I have absolutely no idea why any of those were cancelled.

Varanfan9

Mar 12, 2010
Ed Edd n' Eddy. That show was the 3 stouges of my generation and it was so freaking funny. I loved the location of it being seemingly anyone's neighborhood and the adventures the Eds went on were great. I did love the movie but I felt it could have kept going on after that. So many un-answered questions still.

MetroidNut

Sep 2, 2009
MelasZepheos said:
Kim Possible
Teen Titans

Kim Possible I'm kind of on the fence about, because it did end it quite anice way, the traditional finishing at High School Graduation thing, but I always wonder what competent writers could have done with college-age Kim. There are some pretty decent fanfics covering it but they always have the sense of the authorial brush instead of the original creator brush.

Teen Titans just annoys me. It got screwed over, ending the way it did. There was no resolution to any of the big issues, turning the final ending into kind of a downer, and a really disappointing last episode as well. The last episode literally feels like the beginning of a new season instead of the end of the old one, and there were so many possibilities. For one thing, they never did a Starfire intensive season, which would really have rounded out the theme they had going. And even besides that, it was awesome!
I've sort of heard of the Teen Titans ending, heh. But I certainly agree about Kim Possible - it did come to a nice ending, but I think a fifth season would've been great. The fourth season, after the show was un-cancelled, was surprisingly good. The writers certainly weren't out of ideas, and a move to college would've added an interesting little twist, not to mention fit in nicely with the "growing up" theme that occasionally popped up in the series.

At least, I thought it popped up. Could've just been me.

Sep 14, 2009
synobal said:
Everyone has that one Cartoon/TV Show that was canceled because of well what ever. What's yours?

Mine was Batman Beyond (Batman of the future), I remember seeing previews for it on TV and was like man that's gonna suck but really it was awesome and surprisingly mature for a cartoon show and it avoided all those terrible side kicks batman tends to get stuck with in TV shows. Plus Old Bruce Wayne was awesome.

Not to mention Batman beyond had a pretty interesting rogue's gallery. It was nice to see some original villains and a new take on some old ones.
spot fucking on

HUB channel (channel 100 where i'm at) has batman beyond on sometimes, usually around 2:30 central time but yeah just FYI!

fucking love that show. i wish they would've made tons of seasons of it

Neverhoodian said:
Oh hell yes, Batman Beyond was awesome.

I wish Freakazoid hadn't been cancelled. Its random humor and breaking the fourth wall was right up my alley. I haven't laughed so hard watching a cartoon since the classic Looney Tunes from the 40's and 50's.
holy shit i forgot how awesome that was...thank you for that