CEO: Square Enix Has Become "Weaker Than Expected"

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
I do believe I already covered what Square Enix needs to do. Let me check my other post...yep. Here it is:

Time to call in the back up plans for guaranteed money.

1) Release Kingdom Hearts 3.
2) Release Final Fantasy XIII Versus or whatever we're calling it now.
3) Release Final Fantasy XV--and make it good, it will sell three times as much.
4) Release sequel to Final Fantasy VIII (okay, so I'm really the only one that wants that).
5) Release a new Chrono game.
6) Remake Final Fantasy VII on the PS3.

Follow these steps, and the company will be back in black immediately. :)

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/7.283489-Square-Enix-Financials-Fall-Through-the-Floor?page=1 9th post.

twm1709

Nov 19, 2009
It seems like yesterday when Square was on top of the world. When a new Final fantasy or whatever would be something guaranteed to take the world by storm. But no industry moves on faster than this one, and if you can't handle that, you're going to suffer.

BTW: I doubt the way to make a company get in touch with the times is to focus on REMAKING stuff, what they truly need is FRESH ideas. To break away from a formula that doesn't suit them anymore

binvjoh

Sep 27, 2010
I don't understand why they feel the need to publish. I wish they would stick to developing and self-publishing.

Iron Lightning

Lightweight Extreme
Oct 19, 2009
So right now we have 5 franchises (Deus Ex doesn't count because a Square Enix title hasn't been released yet) that we're thoroughly botching, what do we do?

I know! We'll add 5 new franchises herp-a-diddly-derp.

ecoho

Jun 16, 2010
georgesell123 said:
Kingdom Hearts 3 would bring a lot more cash than bringing out endless side-games which are slowly killing off the fanbase.
Don't make new IPs, make Kingdom Hearts 3 and make it good.
i agree also if they realy want to milk the profits just rerelease the first 2 for the ps3 with better grafics like they did god of war. I know id buy it as my stupid PS3 cant play ps2 games..............

elvor0

Sep 8, 2008
Kingdom hearts 3 damn it! And make sure it's on xbox AND ps3 (and the wii if it doesn't effect the quality of the game, not to say I think the wii is shit, but it's just one of those games that the wii may drag it down slightly due to its less power), because I will be royally pissed if I don't get to play it.

yanipheonu said:
Genixma said:
I can tell you right now. Final Fantasy XIII-2. Cancel that.
0_o Why? XIII was their fastest selling game ever.

Yes and? It was also pretty poor, just because it sold well doesn't mean it was actually good, alongside the fact that after the first week sales dramatically dropped.

They could've called it something other than Fantasy, as should've been the case with the FFs past FFX just so it wouldn't soil the name of the franchise, they need to wait till they have a game of massively high calibur and call THAT Final Fantasy, to bring some quality back to the series, the name means nothing as almost all of them aint related to each other and is just used to sell games. Final Fantasy should be the name reserved for the best products they can create, which at the moment just isn't happening for them.

zombie711

Aug 17, 2009
Find a way to continue The world ends with you, but in a good way. I want to know what shiki looks like. Also KH3 for 3ds please, pehapse a birth by sleep port as well. Anything else? I got it! make a baseball rpg. I know you can do it.

Baresark

Dec 19, 2010
Genixma said:
I can tell you right now. Final Fantasy XIII-2. Cancel that.
Beat me to it by a lot. Just quit. I mean, X-2, now XIII-2. All from the same team..... such a bad idea.

How about a new property! You know, instead of releasing endless remakes of your best games, and sequels to games that looked great but were not great.

Baresark

Dec 19, 2010
thefreeman0001 said:
if this doesnt make them produce ff7 i dont know what would.
Well, you got the second part right. They already discussed publicly why they aren't going to remake FF7. Sorry.

Mordwyl

Feb 5, 2009
The only games besides Final Fantasy titles I actually enjoy from this company nowadays are from the Playstation era. You know, the peak of creativity at old Square Soft and Enix. The period they gave us Threads of Fate, Brave Fencer Musashi, Legend of Mana, Valkyrie Profile, Star Ocean, Xenogears, Chrono Cross, SaGa Frontier, Vagrant Story, Bushido Blade, Front Mission, Parasite Eve...

Where are these games?

jpoon

Mar 26, 2009
So they seem surprised they lose money when they release several games that totally suck? Go figure...

Treblaine

Jul 25, 2008
I'll tell you why it fails. Because it hasn't made a good game... ever.

And I mean make as in develop, not merely publish like for Batman Arkham Asylum.

Navarone9942

Jun 2, 2009
Regardless if the company is weak or not, if they manage to mess up Hitman or Deus Ex I hope the entire comunity burn down their head office!

Defense

Oct 20, 2010
jpoon said:
So they seem surprised they lose money when they release several games that totally suck? Go figure...
Treyarch got away with it plenty of times though.

Treblaine said:
I'll tell you why it fails. Because it hasn't made a good game... ever.
lolno

Mromson

Jun 24, 2007
Liudeius said:
Square Enix needs to actually focus on making quality rather than quantity. These days if I see a Square Enix game that isn't Final Fantasy I avoid it because so many of their games are low quality.
I see low quality even within their Final Fantasy series. They've lost their touch and are now purely running on reputation, which doesn't hold up when you don't deliver.

starhaven

Jan 24, 2010
GamesB2 said:
Square does really need a revamp...

Except for Deus Ex, that's looking really good and I hope this in no way negatively affects that game.

I'd like to see them get better, but only under the ideal that they improve their games, FF13 was fun but a massive letdown, I'd rather go dig out my PS1 and replay FF7 again and again and again...

Extra: I get that they might never remake FF7... but at the very least release it on XBLA, that is a ton of cash right there at minimal effort.
thats a pretty good idea ff7 on the xbox also psn when it gets back up they should re release all the old ones there

also as much as i like the ff games there are to many ff games in that list they need to keep making them sure but they really need to branch out alittle maybe hope into bed with bioware and see what the baby is it will ethier be gods gift to man kind or somthing so terrible that we will look at ff13 and think dam that waset so bad was it