Character you love that everyone else hates

Ultress

Volcano Girl
Feb 5, 2009
TizzytheTormentor said:
snip for great justice
I can see why people don't like Fukka's voice and what not but it's perfectly fine to me.

I didn't play Golden so I'm comparing her to vanilla P4 but the HP/SP thing does sound useful and while those rings are cool her head just looks stupid

Starik20X6

Oct 28, 2009
Tom Nook [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Nook]. Why do people seem so determined to make him out like he's some kind of asshole? He's literally the best landlord ever. He practically gives you a house and says "pay for it whenever you can, no rush". And he doesn't mention it again until you pay it all off. You can be millions in debt to him, and never pay it off, and he won't care. He's just that much of a legend.

natster43 said:
Fi from Skyward Sword. I enjoyed the robot companion that lived in my sword.
Right there with you. And on a similar note, Navi. Admit it, if you didn't have Navi with you you'd have died inside the Deku Tree.

SilverUchiha

Dec 25, 2008
I'm going to go with Shadow the Hedgehog from the Sonic series. I'll admit, he does get shitty after his own game, but prior to that, he felt like a decent character and an excellent rival antagonist to Sonic (albeit, a bit predictable). I still prefer Knuckles, Robotnik, and Sonic over him, but I am annoyed with all the hate he gets just because of his own game. And, honestly, I've seen worse games than Shadow the Hedgehog. Was it bad? Conceptually, yes. But it wasn't a nightmare to play. If anything, 2006 is still the worst game in the series in so many more ways.

SilverUchiha

Dec 25, 2008
6th And Silver said:
lacktheknack said:
People seem to think Skyler reacts unreasonably when she finds out about the lies Walt has been telling her. Like, she has no right to be pissed off at her secret drug-lord of a husband. The hate gets more perplexing as the show continues. I'm pretty sure there are people who actually blame Skyler for not welcoming brand new, SCARY AS FUCK Walt into her life. It's like people don't understand that Walt is now officially the Bad Guy of the show.
Oh, I get that he's become the bad guy of that show and that her reactions are reasonable when you consider the fact he's doing illegal activities such as drug production and murder (among many other things). That said, I still don't like her character because before all this started, she seemed really uninterested in Walt. And as the series went on, she went to do some less that reputable things herself, going so far as to get involved in his shenanigans too. I would have liked her character more had she just left or gone to Hank early on or something to show her character actually has some agency. Instead, I feel like she's just there to keep Walt grounded in reality and give the illusion to others that he still leads a normal life. She resisted his way of things at first, but now she has become part of his corrupted world. So, yeah, not entirely happy with her character.

DiZtAnT

Oct 20, 2010
Honestly I though Navi was brilliant as an NPC.
Driven and strong willed, she knew what was up. I also didn't mind her always trying to get me attention, she was easy enough to ignore. My favourite part about her was using the ^ when locked on to learn about enemy characters, like their names and weaknesses. People hate on her but I think she vastly improved my Zelda knowledge, OOT being my first Zelda game.
She is also fantastic for when you have taken a break from the game, she keeps you on track and reminds you where you are at in the games progression.
I can see where the complaints come from but I felt she was not only a good character, she was a great system put in place to keep players up to date and on track. She was a one button lore encyclopaedia, and quest tracker.

Kilroy17

Jul 18, 2011
Hazy992 said:
Only character I can think of is Claptrap. I know a lot of people don't like him but I think he's adorable and I feel sorry for him.

I went to your birthday party Claptrap! I WENT!

*ahem* excuse me <.<

[sub]Don't let 'em see you cry old man! Don't let 'em see you cry![/sub]
Ja it was the saddest part of the game for me when no one else went to his party. He was just trying to be nice and everyone ditched him. I felt so sorry for him, he just wanted to be happy on his birthday.

Andrew Bascom

Sep 30, 2010
Alright here goes, I'm gonna say Hope from FFXIII. Honestly I get he's an annoying kid whom can't stay alive in battle worth crap, but honestly I think he's the most realistic character of them all. Think about it, I mean how old is he? Somewhere in his teens, he's been conditioned all his life to think that Pulse and anything related is evil. Then a Pulse Fal-cie (or however you spell that) is found where he was vacationing, and next thing he know's his mom's dead and he is now a Le-cie. I mean seriously how the blazing hell do you think he's gonna react, I know how bad it is to lose a parent, but then to become an enemy of your country, with little hope of the future. I personally don't understand why so many people hate him he is definitely the most realistic character of them all. Anyway rant over, Hope is my number one choice of characters that I like and everyone else hates.

go-10

Feb 3, 2010
*puts up a flame shield*
hope its enough... Dante from the new DMC game

Alcaste

Mar 2, 2011
Nobody's said Wakka? Hm. At least from what I've seen people tended to hate on him, but I absolutely loved him in FFX. He had some good lines, amazing animations in battle, and was overall just a pretty nifty character.

Zeckt

Nov 10, 2010
Cersei Lannister. She is just SO HATEFUL, jealous and self entitled and cruel that I can't help but love her and her crazy antic's. She's so jealous of Jaime being born the male and realizes she could of been incredibly powerful if she were born a man and because of that wants everyone around her to suffer. I just love seeing what she does next!

TheFederation

Mar 29, 2011
Ben from the Walking dead game. i'm not sure why, but everyone is so mean to him, in the game and out, so it was so satisfying to me when he had his "outburst" in episode 5

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
Merrill from Dragon Age II. I love her, even if she does end up being unbelievably stupid in her decision making. All the more reason that I love her, because she ends up with no one at the end of the game.

And Vanille from Final Fantasy XIII (is that how you spell her name?) She seemed like the only person I'd want to talk to out of that entire cast. Hope was too whiny, Snow was too gun ho we can do this!, Lightning I would be afraid of her killing me, Fang was...Fang, and Sazh...nothing wrong with Sazh. I guess I would talk to him too.

There are others, but I can't remember them at the moment.

omega 616

Elite Member
May 1, 2009
Tidus.... No, I'm not trolling.

I may not be the best judge of character in games/movies but I liked Tidus

People say he is a whiny little ***** but if you put yourself in his position, I think you find he doesn't complain a whole lot considering his circumstances.

From what I can remember, his world is turned upside when he goes from a big name celebrity to being trapped in a strange land and no hope of going back. He falls in love with a girl who is set to die by a corrupt religions lies. He is trying to understand his father who he starts off hating, turns to loving then forced to kill him. All the time he is being attacked by just about anything with a pulse and in some cases without one. He visits the ruined city he once used to call home. He then finds out he is a dream and never existed....

If anything, he is emotionally stunted.... If I was in his position I would be a shivering wreck!

thegingerone

Dec 1, 2011
I have two. I don't get why people hate Kaidan Alenko from the Mass Effect series. In the first game he helps out a lot with his insights and he makes a good partner for FemShep. In the third game, he's a super handy in combat and he's even more handsome :) The other is Desmond Miles. I like Desmond, not as much as I like Ezio, but I think he's pretty ok. I think he has the same snarky charm as Nathan Drake (probably because they're both Nolan North products but still), he's just a little bit underdeveloped.

Promethax

Dec 7, 2010
Garrosh Hellscream.

Even though he's quite possibly the most three dimensional character in the series, he still gets enough hate to make the Westboro Baptist Church blush.

Angelblaze

Jun 17, 2010
Raiden from the MGS series.
Seriously, everyone I've heard from dislikes him (ya know, until now when he's now suddenly a badass cyborg ninja robot samurai)

THE NEW DANTE. YES.
I JUST SAID.
COME AT ME BROS.

And Cloud....
And Vincent Valentine.

How could you not love Vincent? Especially Pre robot/metal arm Vincent?

Frokane

Sep 28, 2011
I also like the new dante, his overly snarky cocky personality fits the game really well