Chinese Prisoners Forced to Farm MMO Gold

Baneat

Jul 18, 2008
Mavinchious Maximus said:
vxicepickxv said:
I think our American government can learn something from this. We have a shit tone of prisoners and not getting any money from them, this free labor could keep them from murdering and raping each-other. They could also fix the American economy, your welcome America!
The Bill of Rights frowns upon your shenanigans.
desperate times call for desperate measures, plus we could reward them with rewards for helping our country. maybe two or three hours a day so it is humane treatment.
Not the way rights work.

Mavinchious Maximus

Apr 13, 2011
Baneat said:
vxicepickxv said:
I think our American government can learn something from this. We have a shit tone of prisoners and not getting any money from them, this free labor could keep them from murdering and raping each-other. They could also fix the American economy, your welcome America!
desperate times call for desperate measures, plus we could reward them with rewards for helping our country. maybe two or three hours a day so it is humane treatment.
Not the way rights work.
Im just saying it would detour them from doing crime if they Knew they would have too play WoW.

DeepwellBridge

Mar 17, 2011
I'm still reeling over the first sentence... for petitioning against the government... he gets 3 years! WTF! China may have attempted to stop gold farming but the forced labor and propaganda camps are STILL working at full swing!

Thank God I was born in a democracy, but having one of the most powerful countries in the world still working under communism doesn't bode well for the future of the world...

Roberto416

Mar 30, 2011
Wow. Next thing that might happen is the Gold icon for WoW would mysteriously change into the ¥ symbol

Baneat

Jul 18, 2008
Baneat said:
vxicepickxv said:
Not the way rights work.
Im just saying it would detour them from doing crime if they Knew they would have too play WoW.
But neither of us are sure you're serious or tongue-in-cheeking

RJ Dalton

Aug 13, 2009
I'll bet Blizzard's really proud that one of their games makes an effective device of torture.

RJ Dalton

Aug 13, 2009
Roberto416 said:
Wow. Next thing that might happen is the Gold icon for WoW would mysteriously change into the ¥ symbol
Except that the unit of currency in China is the Wong, not the Yen.

Liudeius

Oct 5, 2010
Don't most MMO's run on forced server-per-country basis (you can never change your server). Well just IP ban all chinese computers from the American servers and vise versa.

Mavinchious Maximus

Apr 13, 2011
Baneat said:
Baneat said:
vxicepickxv said:
Not the way rights work.
Nah, i wouldn't go on a campaign trying to make criminals play WoW.

Erana

Feb 28, 2008
But they don't multibox?
Even I can handle three characters at once. (In the free MMOs that I can find who allow it, that is)

The Lugz

Apr 23, 2011
so this is why all gold-farmers are ass-holes, god i wondered why! seriously!

RJ Dalton said:
except that the unit of currency in China is the Wong, not the Yen.
wait, you're telling us it's all wong?.. hua.. why haven't i ever heard that joke before? lol

Baneat

Jul 18, 2008
Baneat said:
Baneat said:
vxicepickxv said:
Not the way rights work.
Nah, i wouldn't go on a campaign trying to make criminals play WoW.
You guys just need to stop jailing people for the pettiest of shit, to be honest, and you'll save a lot of cash

Which you'll probably buy gold with

Which probably came from this prison

I can't win :(

Uber Waddles

May 13, 2010
Simple fix: don't allow the Chinese to play WoW. Dont offer it to China.

While I get that that is alienating a portion of the community, China really doesnt care. There laws ensure they have no accountability in anything they do. And honsetly, Gold Farming is ruining the game for people who pay for it, as well as the other ways they attain gold (Credit card farming is also common).

The fact that the government forces people to do manual labor THAN this, for profit, sickens me. They have no respect for the individual- which is a value I'd love to instill upon the leaders who allow this by subjecting them to the same torment. But thats my personal believes, and a bit of a tangent from the original point.

Siege_TF

May 9, 2010
Good thing FFXI instuted the Special Task Force to hunt down RMTs. If they can do it WoW can do it, but it doesn't, it sticks with the reactive model rather than the proactive model because players will quit if they can't just buy gold.

beema

Aug 19, 2009
Would be nice if Activision/Blizzard spent some of their vast resources on trying to route out these gold farms and put an end to this, or at least make it much less lucrative so it would peter out.

Really disgusting.

BiscuitTrouser

Elite Member
May 19, 2008
ryo02 said:
maybe we should just ban china ... from anything they steal IP's they farm gold torture people kill people block the internet infringe on human rights spew propaganda.

they dont deserve to be part of the civilised world right now.
I love the way we are all wanting to help Libya because the evil is so much easier to see. China is more evil... its just insidious, under the rug and venomously denied. I think they need liberation just as much as Libya