Choo choo! All aboard the Complain Train!

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
And going to generalise, but they never play anything decent. Personally I've got this weird fear of my phone playing from it's speakers instead of my headphones and everyone knowing what terrible music I listen to.

Reactions: Offworlder

Offworlder

Elite Member
Jan 31, 2021
Country
Australia
And going to generalise, but they never play anything decent. Personally I've got this weird fear of my phone playing from it's speakers instead of my headphones and everyone knowing what terrible music I listen to.
I have the same fear haha. Accidentally play something from the depths of your catalogue and now everyone around you thinks you're a psycho.

I mean, where I'm from there's a type of person who generally does it and so I can pick the music, but you never know. People always, always, always start playing their Tik Toks out loud when they get on my trains for some reason. Listen and watch to what ever you want, I'm no pretentious gatkeeper, but keep it to yourself in pubic. Especially when the carriage/bus is full, just have some quiet time for 40 minutes, that's all I ask.

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
What really gets me is that quite a lot of games on the XBOX are multiplatform, either PS+XBOX+PC or at very least XBOX+PC, but then you have these wierd XBOX exclusive outliers despite the fact the XBOX and WIndows alledgely have a lot in common considering how many games you can get on both.

Even wierder that you can get Red Dead Redemption on XBOX but not on PC, so it's not even a problem with the PS3's weird fucking system architecture here.
Fable II was the only of the original Fable trilogy not released on PC, and it was my favourite one. Its honestly really, really weird.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Thank you. This actually worked. I had to go into the system settings and select go offline. It's still stupid that somebody has to go through that, if they don't want to buy any of the subscription services.
"But don't you want all your friends to know up-to-the-second what you're playing? Don't you want to be able to play multiplayer at any moment? Are you one of those anti-socials? Should we call the police?"

Either use earphones/headphones on public transport, or don't catch public transport.

The amount of entitled fuckwits who get on PT in my city and decide to share their music or Tik Tok with everyone else is staggering. No one wants to hear your shit through your trash phone speaker. Turn that shit off, no one wants to hear it. Last week I was on a packed bus and this dickhead pulled out a SPEAKER to play music, then got offended when the whole bus told him to shut the fuck up. Then today some lady got on the train with her friend and not only played music but started SINGING. There are thousands of people who rely on trains and buses and they don't want you're shit attitude to and from work. Pull your head out of your ass and stop being so fucking self centered.

Fuck.
I don't want people to know what music I'm listening to. It's none of their business. I'll even turn down my car stereo if I'm stopped in traffic, regardless of if my windows are up or not.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
I don't want people to know what music I'm listening to. It's none of their business. I'll even turn down my car stereo if I'm stopped in traffic, regardless of if my windows are up or not.
I used to be the same way, but outgrew the stigma pretty quickly. If I have to hear their lame shit everywhere I go, they can suffer MY weird shit for the 45 seconds we're in proximity at a stop light. That said, indoors, I tend to keep my music to earbuds, but I expect the same in kind. I had a co-worker who had a desktop radio he used to leave on some pop station even when he left his desk. It irked me, so one day I did the same, putting my phone on with my music. Two songs later, he leans over and asks incredulously "what are you listening to?" I acted surprised, and said "oh, is it too loud?" We tacitly agreed to use earbuds after that.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Either use earphones/headphones on public transport, or don't catch public transport.

The amount of entitled fuckwits who get on PT in my city and decide to share their music or Tik Tok with everyone else is staggering. No one wants to hear your shit through your trash phone speaker. Turn that shit off, no one wants to hear it. Last week I was on a packed bus and this dickhead pulled out a SPEAKER to play music, then got offended when the whole bus told him to shut the fuck up. Then today some lady got on the train with her friend and not only played music but started SINGING. There are thousands of people who rely on trains and buses and they don't want you're shit attitude to and from work. Pull your head out of your ass and stop being so fucking self centered.

Fuck.
I used to be the same way, but outgrew the stigma pretty quickly. If I have to hear their lame shit everywhere I go, they can suffer MY weird shit for the 45 seconds we're in proximity at a stop light. That said, indoors, I tend to keep my music to earbuds, but I expect the same in kind. I had a co-worker who had a desktop radio he used to leave on some pop station even when he left his desk. It irked me, so one day I did the same, putting my phone on with my music. Two songs later, he leans over and asks incredulously "what are you listening to?" I acted surprised, and said "oh, is it too loud?" We tacitly agreed to use earbuds after that.
Funny story, I remember in 2015, I was at a stop light. I had Soul II Soul's "Back to Life" playing in my car, via 10th Anniversary Vol. I Album playing. Funniest and awesome shit, a Latino guy was at the cross walk, heard my music and was dancing while going on the cross walk. The man was dancing good too. We both had great laugh. I wish was able to record that at the time.

"But don't you want all your friends to know up-to-the-second what you're playing? Don't you want to be able to play multiplayer at any moment? Are you one of those anti-socials? Should we call the police?"
NEVER!

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
Huh?

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
People that walk around in parking lots and intersections as if they can win a fight between them and a motor vehicle piss me off. If you're elderly or disabled that's one thing but so many people with perfectly working legs just casually stroll about like they're Superman or something. I'm a safe driver I think, but what if I made some slight slip up or something with breaking late or what if someone else isn't a safe driver? "Lady! Do you have any sense if self preservation at all?!" Freaking hell...

Reactions: Xprimentyl

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
People that walk around in parking lots and intersections as if they can win a fight between them and a motor vehicle piss me off. If you're elderly or disabled that's one thing but so many people with perfectly working legs just casually stroll about like they're Superman or something. I'm a safe driver I think, but what if I made some slight slip up or something with breaking late or what if someone else isn't a safe driver? "Lady! Do you have any sense if self preservation at all?!" Freaking hell...
Or kids that skateboard in carparks when cars are coming in and out and get grumpy at having to get out of the way of one of the biggest killers in out cities.

Reactions: Specter Von Baren

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
What's unclear in my statements?
I think you meant to reply to Rogue Wolf but somehow tagged Specter instead.

Now imagine that, times 10, and add even more dipshits on motorcycles who probably illegally obtained their permits, and you get the 3rd world experience. Although I primarily drive my own car, it's really not by choice. When I was in high school the car represented adventure and freedom, now it represents traffic, rage, and the absolutely sad state our country is in.

Not to play down your experiences, I could just really relate. Although I've come around from "Fuck these idiots" to "Our shoddy transportation infrastructure forces people to act like maniacs on the road, but also still fuck these idiots".

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
It's no problem. The same has happened to me before. Seems to be a weird glitch that pops up ever now and then.
One possible cause is if you quote someone to respond what they said and then change your mind and don't post, the next time you load that thread that quote comes back and you can miss it if you press the reply button to respond to someone else. Happened to me a few times.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Ok, this is certain to be a hot take (/s), but I really hate political ads during an election cycle. Not only do they cram them down your throat over and over again, but most of them are so blatantly hyperbolic containing a grain of truth (at best) whirled in an ocean of lies and misdirection, i.e.: John Smith said he supports women's right to choose, his opponents?" JOHN SMITH ATE 37 BABIES FOR BREAKFAST!! WE HAVE TO STOP HIM AT ALL COST!! VOTE FOR JANE DOE; SHE PERSONALLY GAVE BIRTH TO 7 UNWANTED CHILDREN THIS MORNING WHILE SOLVING WORLD HUNGER AND CURING COVID!! VOTE FOR JANE DOE!!"

I'm glad today is election day, and they'll all go away for a while.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Ok, this is certain to be a hot take (/s), but I really hate political ads during an election cycle. Not only do they cram them down your throat over and over again, but most of them are so blatantly hyperbolic containing a grain of truth (at best) whirled in an ocean of lies and misdirection, i.e.: John Smith said he supports women's right to choose, his opponents?" JOHN SMITH ATE 37 BABIES FOR BREAKFAST!! WE HAVE TO STOP HIM AT ALL COST!! VOTE FOR JANE DOE; SHE PERSONALLY GAVE BIRTH TO 7 UNWANTED CHILDREN THIS MORNING WHILE SOLVING WORLD HUNGER AND CURING COVID!! VOTE FOR JANE DOE!!"

I'm glad today is election day, and they'll all go away for a while.
Oh yeah, we just had our federal election in Australia, and while there's a law that says ads on TV and stuff have to knock it off a few days before the election, this does not apply to youtube ads, so every time you try and watch something on youtube we'd get "There's a hole in you budget, dear Labor" or Clive Palmer (Australia's less charismatic version of Trump, who spend zillions and got zero seats) blathering on about something.

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
My daughter moved out to be near work after Grad School and near the big city to party. Covid hit and with WFH, it didn't matter where she lived relative to work. And she found friends and family were near home rather than big city. So she moved back into my house with the goal of having a condo or house rather than rent w/i 2 years. I posted before, while I have one bottle in the shower (shampoo, conditioner and body wash in one: been noted to improve it also needs to be toothpaste) she has lined the tub with bottles that fall everywhere. And a dang scrungee sponge she hangs from the shower knob that is always in the way.

Well, housing prices have gone thru the roof. Like, insane. So, 2 years is now going to be 3 (spring 2024) And she got a dog. So I basically got a dog. Thought the next time I had to deal with poop, it would be from one of my grand kids.