Christians Attack "Gay Agenda" in PC Game

Kais86

May 21, 2008
Ah, those fundamentalists..always a riot. People like this don't put enough into the lessons in the bible that WERE IMPORTANT and more on the asinine stupid ones, for example: turning the other cheek, if people practiced this more then this world wouldn't be as violent or stupid, possibly. Then again I'm rather against most religions as none of them seem to understand what a truly GOOD god would do.

capnjack

Jan 6, 2009
The part I find ridiculous about this entire comment is that she wasn't ready to talk to her daughter about it. Really? What exactly is so inappropriate about homosexuality that it would destroy a child's mind to hear about it.

"Well, honey, a very small amount of grown up ladies fall in love with other grown up ladies, and some grown up men fall in love with other grown up men. In countries that are more open minded than this silly one, people are allowed to marry whomever they want. : )"

Simple. Innocent. Anti-Republican. Everything an intelligent child should grow up learning!

This is coming from a Christian, by the way.

Daveman

has tits and is on fire
Jan 8, 2009
I think the reason she wasn't ready to discuss it with her 6 year old is because she doesn't have any actual arguments as to why it is wrong other than "because it is".

Monkfish Acc.

May 7, 2008
Gwuhhh.
This is so stupid. I just read out the article to my mum, and she started laughing at the sheer determined retardation of the thing.

Samurai Goomba

Oct 7, 2008
I'VE been considered a fundamentalist by many, but come on. I mean, this is just a kid's game. This isn't even an issue with video games in general, as I imagine the original '60s board game probably let you do the same thing (and if it didn't, you could always play the Calvinball version).

On a different note, how many religion-bashing threads do we really need? I've been seeing a lot of them pop up lately. Then again, this is the Escapist...

Specter_

Dec 24, 2008
TheNecroswanson said:
Hail Satan my dark lord and master.

Anyway, this is just stereotypical homophobia if anything. It's not really news, it's just, stuff. I must study this stupid, and then, I will some day cure it.
Preferably with a chainsaw.

Madaxeman101

Jul 8, 2008
Why do religious people get pissed off about stupid things what happened to "love thy neighbour" and all that other bullshit the bible bangs on about

scotth266

Wait when did I get a sub
Jan 10, 2009
Cheezdood said:
I never really understood why people call Christians homophobic. We don't like homosexuality, therefore, we're afraid of it, apparently. This is a great example of how liberals destroy any voice that America has.

"You don't believe what I believe, so I've decided to bash you in the face as much as possible until you cry"
*Sigh*
People seem to believe that Christians are homophobic morons. This isn't the case: we accept gays, we just don't think that practicing gay sex is morally right, as it isn't for the purpose of making a kid. Same goes for normal man-woman sex when they use protection.
Is this still applicable in modern society? Maybe not, but it's just what we're supposed to think right now, or at least until the next pope comes along to shake things up.

Sacman said:
that people of the same gender can get married then she obviously couldn't possibly comprehend that not everyone is the same, God doesn't HAVE TO exist, note the word have to I'm not saying God isn't real, and theres a good chance that her view on people and the world is wrong and she should be punished for it, but who knows mabye I'm wrong maybe shes right none will ever truly know for sure until the time comes and the truth is reviled for what it really is...
FOR THE LOVE OF CRAP!!!! Use punctuation. Periods and capitalization are your bestest fwiends! See the rest of my response in the next part of the post.

SharPhoe said:
OK, that I can understand. They're still young, they can learn about things like that later when it'll make more sense to them.
Exactly my point as well. It isn't being homophobic to teach kids the biological way things go first.

tehb0ll0x said:
RedDiablo said:
As a Christian, this gets me angry. it's a darn game people, it's not Satan's instrument of destruction.
You're a Christian that uses the handle RedDiablo?

That strikes me as a bit odd.
I'm a Catholic, yet my avatar is one of a swearing, maniac squirrel. Your point?

Alrighty then:
Quite simply put, the woman is a fool. There were far better ways to handle the situation than this one, but it doesn't matter. People will go on buying Life, as it is an excellent game, and nothing will change. Also, as stated above, if they didn't have the gay option in the game the homosexual community would rant about discrimination. So no matter what, the maker of the game loses. They took the easy way out: making it a part of the game as quietly as possible and trying to shush all conversation about it. It's a pity that some outraged nobody caught on.

Nazulu

They will not take our Fluids
Jun 5, 2008
Jeez, will they ever just leave the homosexuals alone? The Pope already made them out to be an alien race and not to long ago gay people were murdered for being gay!

JediMB

Oct 25, 2008
So, I have a question for the resident Christians (or otherwise informed):

A big part of the role of the "Jesus of Nazareth" figure was to tell the people the correct path through life, in order to reach "Heaven" or whatever, right? (Sorry if this comes off as disrespectful in any way, but I don't feel comfortable with stating these things as facts.)

Anyway, yes, my point is... the teachings of "Jesus" are supposed to be the foundation of the various forms of Christianity, yes?

So, did "Jesus" ever say anything about homosexuality being a bad thing, or are people just paying attention to the Old Testament or other random inserts for some reason?

Well, regardless... anyone who hates homosexuals is "going to Hell" anyway, since hatred itself was a "sin" last time I studied the "Jesus" part of the history of Christianity.

space_oddity

Oct 24, 2008
What is 'The Gay Agenda' exactly?
Is it like world domination or something?
Seriously though, what do people mean when they use the term Gay Agenda?

Klendt

Aug 20, 2008
You know, one of these days, they're going to accidentally talk to a gay person. And then they'll suddenly discover that, shock of all shocks, gay people really DON'T have a massive globe-spanning army poised to take over the world, ready to take over the instant people stop insisting on setting four to ten percent of the population on fire.
It's been two thousand years. I figure that conversation'll happen any day now.

Spektre41

Jun 26, 2008
It's obvious that the Gay Agenda is Dr. Maniacal's nefarious plot to lower the world's population. This way the League of Super Pals will be powerless to stop him from taking over the world.

electric discordian

Apr 27, 2008
The Gay agenda is the list of points to be covered at the meeting of the vicious homosexual conspiracy, there mission is to make everyone listen to the Pet Shop Boys, promote cottaging and prevent the human race from expanding.

ITS IN REVELATION PEOPLE!

SilentHunter7

Nov 21, 2007
JediMB said:

A big part of the role of the "Jesus of Nazareth" figure was to tell the people the correct path through life, in order to reach "Heaven" or whatever, right? (Sorry if this comes off as disrespectful in any way, but I don't feel comfortable with stating these things as facts.)

Anyway, yes, my point is... the teachings of "Jesus" are supposed to be the foundation of the various forms of Christianity, yes?

So, did "Jesus" ever say anything about homosexuality being a bad thing, or are people just paying attention to the Old Testament or other random inserts for some reason?

Well, regardless... anyone who hates homosexuals is "going to Hell" anyway, since hatred itself was a "sin" last time I studied the "Jesus" part of the history of Christianity.
I think there was a blurb in the bible somewhere about it being sinful to have sex for pleasure and not for the purpose of bringing life into the world.

Of course, what I think most of the right-wingers need to understand is that the Bible was written by Man, and like any other work of man, you have to be able to look past the bias and BS.

Samurai Goomba

Oct 7, 2008
SilentHunter7 said:
JediMB said:

I think there was a blurb in the bible somewhere about it being sinful to have sex for pleasure and not for the purpose of bringing life into the world.

Of course, what I think most of the right-wingers need to understand is that the Bible was written by Man, and like any other work of man, you have to be able to look past the bias and BS.
Paul talked about men "not ought to lie with men as a man does with a woman" or some such. Technically, I don't remember Jesus ever mentioning it. It was Paul, if I'm not mistaken.

Either way, though, this whole issue isn't even ABOUT homosexuality... It's about perceived homosexuality in an old board game. No need to start up a religious debate off of this one, just write it off to the stupidity of one moron parent.

Don't judge me based on the actions of somebody I've never met who claims to represent my faith. If there's one thing we don't need another of here, it's a religious flaming thread. I'm going to laugh at her idiocy and move on.

Captain Blackout

Feb 17, 2009
JediMB said:

Jesus took the Pharisees to task for their narrow morality and preached compassion above all else. He flat out negated some of the rules from the Old Testament (which at that time was the whole of scripture for that community,) which means most Christians still don't understand the statement "I did not come to remove the law, I came to fulfill it." Jesus never addressed homosexuality directly and even those things he did directly address may not have the same application to us today. By far the majority of Christians I've come across (and I've been a member of more differing congregations than most) have more in common with the Pharisees Jesus scolded than as followers of Jesus' teachings. Way I look at it: The world is the way it is because God tried and after 2000 years we still don't get it.

EDIT: for those still asking the GAY AGENDA is as follows (per Christian perspective): Gays and lesbians want their lifestyle to be on par with everyone else's. Since homosexuality is a sin it should be as criminal as possible (no gay marriage, possibly bring back anti-sodomy laws.) Gays, lesbians and those who support said lifestyle are trying to teach the rest of the world that it's ok. When such teaching reaches Christian children those teaching the Gay agenda are pushing their values on said Christian children. This is of course (from THEIR perspective not mine) wrong. Of course the day I found Baptists in my neighborhood proselytizing to children when adults weren't around I called their church and had a LOONG chat. With threats of legal actions.

mattttherman3

Dec 16, 2008
TheNecroswanson said:
Hail Satan my dark lord and master.

Anyway, this is just stereotypical homophobia if anything. It's not really news, it's just, stuff. I must study this stupid, and then, I will some day cure it.
I hope that you do! I hate stupidity.