CNN Insider admits hyping death toll of Covid to drive ratings.

Avnger

Trash Goblin
Legacy
Apr 1, 2016
Country
United States
The media is still doing the same to this day, talking about the "scary!!!" variants daily, saying vaccinated people still need to be super careful, etc. The NPR article I quoted said we're in a covid HURRICANE (and that was from March 31st), it's beyond ridiculous.
Mind taking your science-denialism back to its own thread?

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I follow the science instead of what CNN, MSNBC, etc says.
Then stay away from giant crowds and don't go maskless all the time. I don't need that much help from any of those news sites. I don't agree with them all the time either, and they definitely have some screw-ups, but it ain't wrong to be careful. Plus, using the CDC website and info is more important than any news outlet. Survival is important. You have to be smart and use common sense. What's a lot of people are lacking right now. Just because a person get their shots, doesn't mean they get to go back and act like jackasses and start partying like nothing's wrong or everything's back to "normal". No matter how much they wish it or imagine it to be. And screw the wealthy countries are holding the vaccinations cuz they don't want to give it up to poor/3rd world countries. They got enough vaccinations to inject everybody in their home country three times over. Selfish and cowardly bastards.

Last edited:

Secondhand Revenant

Recycle, Reduce, Redead
Legacy
Oct 29, 2014
Baator
Country
The Nine Hells
So like. Can this thread be summarized as OP drops a horrible source while complaining about media reliability and when it is pointed out he more or less does not care because it fits a narrative he believed anyways? In essence, the article was entirely non-essential to the OP believing the point anyways and merely existed as some supporting pretense?

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
So like. Can this thread be summarized as OP drops a horrible source while complaining about media reliability and when it is pointed out he more or less does not care because it fits a narrative he believed anyways? In essence, the article was entirely non-essential to the OP believing the point anyways and merely existed as some supporting pretense?
Yep.

This is the world out there, guys and gals. The most important quality of a source for most people is that it conforms to what they already believe.

Reactions: Xprimentyl

MrCalavera

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 30, 2020
Country
Poland
AFAIK Fox News declares itself legally as "entertainment", not "news" station, to reduce their accountability. I wonder if CNN is the same.

Side note: It always makes me die inside a little when someone who claims they don't trust anything MSM say, has no problem taking any random jackass with a YT channel/Twitter account for their word.

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
AFAIK Fox News declares itself legally as "entertainment", not "news" station, to reduce their accountability. I wonder if CNN is the same.
No and yes, in the sense that no such legal or other official accreditation exists for US cable stations as to whether they are entertainment or news.

Arkage

Apr 8, 2021
Country
USA
This is giving me flashbacks of what Neogaf now is. I left there because it was a never ending cesspool of threads created with these kinds of sources. I'd bet the guy is a transplant trying to spread his Gospel onto this forum now.

Secondhand Revenant

Recycle, Reduce, Redead
Legacy
Oct 29, 2014
Baator
Country
The Nine Hells
This is giving me flashbacks of what Neogaf now is. I left there because it was a never ending cesspool of threads created with these kinds of sources. I'd bet the guy is a transplant trying to spread his Gospel onto this forum now.
Nah he's been on the Escapist for ages. Sucks for your forum tho

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
Then stay away from giant crowds and don't go maskless all the time. I don't need that much help from any of those news sites. I don't agree with them all the time either, and they definitely have some screw-ups, but it ain't wrong to be careful. Plus, using the CDC website and info is more important than any news outlet. Survival is important. You have to be smart and use common sense. What's a lot of people are lacking right now. Just because a person get their shots, doesn't mean they get to go back and act like jackasses and start partying like nothing's wrong or everything's back to "normal". No matter how much they wish it or imagine it to be. And screw the wealthy countries are holding the vaccinations cuz they don't want to give it up to poor/3rd world countries. They got enough vaccinations to inject everybody in their home country three times over. Selfish and cowardly bastards.
If you've watched Errant Signal's last video, you'd see how bad it is to actually listen to the news and CDC. The guy has only seen people TWICE in the entire year, that's not healthy either. He basically wasted a year of his life in essence. You can do basically what you want once you've got vaccinated (wait 2 weeks after the 1st shot) or if you already got infected, the odds of becoming hospitalized or dying afterward is so small that if you're worried about those kind of odds, you would've been living in a bubble before the pandemic because stuff like driving to work is more dangerous. There's no such thing as no risk, you can die from the flu too. It took the CDC until August to say covid spread through the air, that was really old news at that point. The CDC is the last one to the party pretty much every time.

I got infected over a year back now, the very first week stuff started shutting down. I've been doing stuff as normal as possible ever since (after quarantining for 7 days or so), I've actually went to the bar more in the past year than I ever have in my life (pretty much every Friday). I see groups of friends indoors (scary!!!) at least 3 times a week since about a month or so after the pandemic started. Also, my work (IT for hospitals) has me going into patients rooms daily. Guess what? I haven't been sick in over a year now because covid immunity lasts for longer than the 3 months (and now 6 months) that you've probably heard on the news, those scary reinfection stories sure disappeared fast (just like I said months and months ago on this forum). SARS-1 immunity lasts 17 years and counting and covid is a really really really similar virus so chances are very very high for long-term immunity. I can personally vouch for immunity being at least 6 months because I was playing board games with a guy for a whole Sunday and he got sick the next day and tested positive (and that was back in October) and I got nothing because of basic immunity. And no one has gotten infected from my groups that meet weekly the whole time, every infection from the people I meet with have come from their work or at a gym or whatever. Because just meeting with your small bubble of friends and family greatly slows the spread of the virus (you know, the objective), it's the public gatherings that cause fast, massive spreading. Also, doing pretty much anything outside is extremely safe (the CDC or news won't tell you that) and you barely get it from surface contacts. Just follow the science and actually listen only to the experts.

Lastly, you're gonna probably hate this the most. If companies weren't so goddamn greedy, we could've had a vaccine already tested and ready to go at the very start of the pandemic, look up of Dr. Peter Hotez.

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
If you've watched Errant Signal's last video, you'd see how bad it is to actually listen to the news and CDC. The guy has only seen people TWICE in the entire year, that's not healthy either. He basically wasted a year of his life in essence. You can do basically what you want once you've got vaccinated (wait 2 weeks after the 1st shot) or if you already got infected, the odds of becoming hospitalized or dying afterward is so small that if you're worried about those kind of odds, you would've been living in a bubble before the pandemic because stuff like driving to work is more dangerous. There's no such thing as no risk, you can die from the flu too. It took the CDC until August to say covid spread through the air, that was really old news at that point. The CDC is the last one to the party pretty much every time.

I got infected over a year back now, the very first week stuff started shutting down. I've been doing stuff as normal as possible ever since (after quarantining for 7 days or so), I've actually went to the bar more in the past year than I ever have in my life (pretty much every Friday). I see groups of friends indoors (scary!!!) at least 3 times a week since about a month or so after the pandemic started. Also, my work (IT for hospitals) has me going into patients rooms daily. Guess what? I haven't been sick in over a year now because covid immunity lasts for longer than the 3 months (and now 6 months) that you've probably heard on the news, those scary reinfection stories sure disappeared fast (just like I said months and months ago on this forum). SARS-1 immunity lasts 17 years and counting and covid is a really really really similar virus so chances are very very high for long-term immunity. I can personally vouch for immunity being at least 6 months because I was playing board games with a guy for a whole Sunday and he got sick the next day and tested positive (and that was back in October) and I got nothing because of basic immunity. And no one has gotten infected from my groups that meet weekly the whole time, every infection from the people I meet with have come from their work or at a gym or whatever. Because just meeting with your small bubble of friends and family greatly slows the spread of the virus (you know, the objective), it's the public gatherings that cause fast, massive spreading. Also, doing pretty much anything outside is extremely safe (the CDC or news won't tell you that) and you barely get it from surface contacts. Just follow the science and actually listen only to the experts.

Lastly, you're gonna probably hate this the most. If companies weren't so goddamn greedy, we could've had a vaccine already tested and ready to go at the very start of the pandemic, look up of Dr. Peter Hotez.
Well if we’re listening to experts only; why the fuck would we listen to you on the subject? You aren’t an MD and your evidence is observed and anecdotal only.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
On one hand, I have no love for CNN and consider them a fairly garbage news network. OTOH, PV makes them look positively stunning in comparison and I really don't like having to defend CNN from trash like them....so I won't.

So is this one of those situations where we can lock them both in a room and then just walk away so they both starve?

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
On one hand, I have no love for CNN and consider them a fairly garbage news network. OTOH, PV makes them look positively stunning in comparison and I really don't like having to defend CNN from trash like them....so I won't.

So is this one of those situations where we can lock them both in a room and then just walk away so they both starve?
Yes, yes it is.

Reactions: Dalisclock

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
Just follow the science and actually listen only to the experts.
Serious question: how am I, a lay person, supposed to differentiate between the fake experts and the real experts besides going with the people telling me what I want to hear?

Like, baring one side having *glaring* issues like having deceptively edited every conversation they've ever been apart of forever and admitting in broad daylight that that's their intention going forward? (To get theoretically on track)

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I don't care and know your bulling me on a lot of shit. Either you are very unlucky, or you've not been following safety and guidelines enough. You're no medical expert, so I am not taking your "advice". I got a mom that's been a registered nurse for 30+ years. High in her field and has never lead me nor my brother astray.

Samtemdo8

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 25, 2020
Country
Private
I didn't know about that. I've just been seeing all these articles popping up. I dunno how you dismiss the videos though. Even if they are heavily clipped for the relevant statements, it doesn't look good does it.

And my original point about a "just the facts" news network still stands. Opinionated new outlets should clearly state that they are opinionated and offer interpretations of facts not just the raw facts. But all of those networks all claim that they are offering the "truth" which is a flat out lie.
You've linked an article from Fox News reporting against CNN.

Fox News dude.