Cooking Mama: The PETA Version

Raven28256

Sep 18, 2008
mydogisblue said:
Raven28256 said:
I HATE PETA

This is why no one takes them seriously. They portray people who eat meat as ruthless, bloodthirsty barbarians. Need I remind PETA that homo saipens are designed to be OMNIVORES? It is the nature of our species to eat both plants and meat. We are designed to do so. I'm not about to make myself live off of dietary supplements because I'm not getting everything I need after swearing off meat and animal-based products.
This.

The hardcore vegans do exactly that and they are the ones I hate.

I was looking around the forums a little more and...well why don't I just post a link.

http://www.peta.org/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=10413

The OP tried to be as nice as possible by explaining what she does for a living, and what do the hardcore PETA veterans do? They jump all over her and attack her for it!

Also, some of those peoples signatures are just absolutley stupid.
THAT is why I never, ever visit PETA's website. I'd be banned for flaming within a day because their arguments are so fucking bass ackwards and hypocritical. Did you READ some of that shit they said? They compared cattle farming to exploiting your children.

Ugh...these people disgust me. The only good animal rights groups are the ASPCA and similar factions in other countries, and the Wildlife Warriors. At least they approach it without trying to make everyone else look like godless barbarians and embrace an extremist stance that makes them little more that eco-terrorists.

cleverlymadeup

Mar 7, 2008
Malygris said:
in a broad sense I support a lot of what PETA is trying to accomplish
as was said watch the peta episode of bullshit

they object to animal testing - yet their vp is alive due to animal testing because she is diabetic
they want animal freedom - yet they euthanize several thousand animals ever year
they support known terrorists

i showed the episode to a friend, who works in a med lab, she just laughed and also has a very healthy hate for peta and what they do

Jul 23, 2008
I await the fury of nintendo's legal team.

Something happened quite similar to this a while ago, if i recall. A blatant rip-off of badgers badgers badgers. Jonti picking got quit a modest out of court settlement.

zoozilla

Dec 3, 2007
This is the kind of thing that deserves a sigh and a slow shaking of the head.

Perhaps a hand placed on the forehead, as well.

The way I see it, we eat plants. For all the plants we eat, a bunch get planted.

We eat animals. For all the animals we eat, a lot more are born. It prevents over-population. We humans are suffering from over-population.

Thinking logically, it would make more sense to eat the dead rather than bury them. Not that I would support anything like that.

ElArabDeMagnifico

Dec 20, 2007
Ya know, PETA tries to make meat eaters and fast food resteraunt chains and such look crazy, but it's really starting to backfire now. Now when I think PETA, I think CULT.

Hunde Des Krieg

Sep 30, 2008
needausername said:
Virgil said:
Wow, that's surprisingly well done. I don't think it really communicates everything they're going for, and it definitely has too much "whacko" in it in places (the cracked eggs bleed? Please.) but it's definitely an impressive effort.

I'm a big fan of animals too. Usually at Medium Well.
I like mine bloody...
I like my steaks bloody, but I like my burgers medium.

ZeroMachine

Oct 11, 2008
... I'm gonna try it.
I have to. I'll probably regret it, but I have to, irregardless of how insane PETA is.

UPDATE: I'm meaner than Momma! Yay!

TsunamiWombat

Sep 6, 2008
PETA is a terrorist-lite organization, and it always has been. And it has financial ties to convicted arsonists who firebobmed medical research labs for experimenting on animals. It's all public domain knowledge, in their tax returns. I direct you to Penn and Tellers: BULLSHIT! To preach the gospel for me.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=DsHUBEfBNMo
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=U4Eo4KtBJFc&feature=related
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=UXjwDqz4gWM&feature=related

If you support PETA, financially or personally, I suggest you stop. Your money is better served at local shelters, adoption services, or rescue operations.

Nov 12, 2008
These PETA people showed up in my town to protest the treatment of chickens outside the local KFC. The first day they were ran off by the cops, the second day the customers pelted them with chicken bones. You can't make shit that funny up. That being said I think this game is going to bite them in the ass much harder than they may be expecting, Nintendo has major muscle in the legal department..

Fire Daemon

Quoth the Daemon
Dec 18, 2007
Nice Simpsons joke. No one else got that?

I'm not a big fan of PETA, especially the scare tactics they try and pull on people. I think you should let people decide their diet by themselves instead of showing them a bunch of animal slaughter videos.

stompy

Jan 21, 2008
Royas said:
I wonder if the makers of Cooking Mama have any intentions of suing the hell out of PETA for what looks very much like a copyright violation. I mean, they are using the name, similar imagery, similar gameplay... it's easy to mistake this for something actually endorsed by the original makers. That looks like a gimme lawsuitt.
Now that would be hilarious... as I vegetarian myself, I can say that, should they (PETA) be sued, I will be on the sidelines, selling popcorn (no, not popcorn chicken).

smallharmlesskitten

Not David Bowie
Apr 3, 2008
stompy said:
Royas said:
I wonder if the makers of Cooking Mama have any intentions of suing the hell out of PETA for what looks very much like a copyright violation. I mean, they are using the name, similar imagery, similar gameplay... it's easy to mistake this for something actually endorsed by the original makers. That looks like a gimme lawsuitt.
Now that would be hilarious... as I vegetarian myself, I can say that, should they (PETA) be sued, I will be on the sidelines, selling popcorn (no, not popcorn chicken).
I'll sell the popcorn chicken don't worry

Currently on the escapist menu

--Chicken Wings
--Mudkip Burgers
--Ribs
--Cow (yes a whole one)
--Cow Food

Zallest

Sep 25, 2008
Wow a game where i get to maim a already dead turkey, finally PETA provides us with entrainment other then laughing at them.

My favorite part was taking the organs out.

Canadianwookie

Oct 9, 2008
Let's all make an agreement here on the escapist:

For every single copy of this game sold, we at the escapist eat five animals/eggs.