Cooking Mama: The PETA Version

Lvl 64 Klutz

Crowsplosion!
Apr 8, 2008
Remember folks, a huge chunk of greenhouse gases are from cattle.

Eat beef, go green.

Knowledge is power.

TheGreatGonzo26

Oct 8, 2008
PETA is at least trying to accomplish some good goals, but I have to draw the line somewhere. Sending kids comics that graphically depict animals being killed and marketing a video game along the same lines is where I draw it. I get grossed out easily, so something like this wouldn't appeal to me. Don't get me wrong, I think its great they're trying to cut down on animal abuse, but there are somethings that it's going to be really hard for them to change.

I personally think PETA could be doing more to help relieve the pressure on animal shelters as opposed to turning the world into vegans.

meatloaf231

Old Man Glenn
Feb 13, 2008
Khell_Sennet said:
They are fucking fundies, and we need them imprisoned or eliminated for the acts of terrorism they commit, and the hatred they spread.
Perhaps that can be arranged...

But in all seriousness, I've hated PETA since I knew they existed. Even when I thought they were doing good things for animals, I couldn't stand them. I could go on, but TsunamiWombat's links have it covered.

Isaac Dodgson

The Mad Hatter
May 11, 2008
This game sucks...

Ok so the gist of it was great i got to mutilate a turkey, but it awards me for doing that by letting me make tofu? That's not an award that's punishment

Cyclomega

Jul 28, 2008
OP just proved again that PETA are nothing but a bunch of hysterical sick fucks with no idea of reality or the slightest bit of reason whatsoever...

AuntyEthel

Sep 19, 2008
I had a lot of fun playing the game! However, I couldn't saw the turkey's head into three pieces quick enough, and kept getting the "You're too nice!" rating. Its unfair. I genuinely wanted to chop the damn thing's head up.

PETA is awful. If they had it their way then diabetics wouldn't be allowed insulin because it contains animal products.

Feb 13, 2008
One of the scarier things is when you look at the original Cooking Mama website and in the ESPB rating there are warnings that it

* Contains Alcohol References
* Contains Comic Mischief

Now...even if you are a teetotaler pacifist, surely you aren't likely to come across this game and think "Well, there's going to be no references to knives or alcohol in a cooking game, are there?"

Seriously, I'm waiting for the day when coal has to be labelled with "Flammable" markings.

Lvl 64 Klutz

Crowsplosion!
Apr 8, 2008
The_root_of_all_evil said:
Seriously, I'm waiting for the day when coal has to be labelled with "Flammable" markings.
Why not? propane and oil already are, along with those fake logs for fireplaces.

Greyhawk

Sep 29, 2008
Dear lord, did PETA honestly have nothing better to do than this?!

Hippies, I swear....