Could you be attracted to a bisexual?

Longstreet

Jun 16, 2012
Sure,

Not only doesn't it really matter at all (the whole attracked to her nother sexuality), since i like girls, that gives some extra possibilities.

You can finally look at other girls while walking down the street without her protesting, because she would probably be looking too.

lettucethesallad

Nov 18, 2009
I wouldn't care at all. I wonder about the people who'd feel threatened by it though. Are they equally threatened by someone straight? Talk about insecurity issues.

Angie7F

WiseGurl
Nov 11, 2011
My close friend is a bi transgender.
I dont mind at all and also would not mind dating one.

Phasmal

Sailor Jupiter Woman
Jun 10, 2011
Well duh.
It's easy to be attracted to anyone, being bi doesn't make you unattractive.
As to whether I would date a bi guy, my ex was. It was never really an issue, but he never really talked about it either.

DelphiSantano

Feb 11, 2009
Yeah, no reason why it would be a problem.
If anything it'd give some common ground to start with.
It wouldn't have any bearing on a decision anyway, that'd come down entirely to personality and actual attraction.

purplecactus

Jun 25, 2012
Have been. Got cheated on.

Will this ever cause issues if I should become attracted to/get into a relationship with another bisexual person? Nope. I don't really care all that much about that kind of thing (er, within reason, I guess. If you're not gay or bi, well, it's not going to happen now, is it?). What I care about is the person as a whole.

And this whole thing against bisexual people that I keep on hearing about? Stupid, and mostly unfounded, prejudice.

Headdrivehardscrew

Aug 22, 2011
EstrogenicMuscle said:
Headdrivehardscrew said:
I know quite a number of gay and bisexual men. Those living in a relationship model and sex life I can somewhat relate to are TWO, well, FOUR if I add their significant others into the mix. All the others are either...
Well then you've had a very poor experience. And your personal anecdotal does not make for the majority of homosexuals or bisexuals.
Aye. Did I refuse interaction and emotions? No. These stereotypes just happened to be lived out, all in my face, all right smack in the middle of the short stretch of life we've been randomly assigned to live out. Did that make me bitter? I don't think so. But it sure as hell made me more careful, and damn weary of certain things.

Life may very well look like all fun and games and free sex when you're young. Eventually, though, reality will come knocking. You might be able to ward off reality with a hand-picked roster of affirmative, unconditionally acceptable and loving people, blocking out any and all detrimental input from outside your bubble. But reality doesn't care, and nature doesn't care. The virus doesn't care, and age does things to us that are detrimental to our health, no matter what we do.

We all die, and that makes us all the same, no matter what we make of it.

Still, there's enjoyable stuff to do and learn and pick up on the way.

Like this here gem:

<youtube=7Zdi2IF5ezw>

hooblabla6262

Aug 8, 2008
Sometimes I think I might be a lesbian trapped inside a man's body.
All my girlfriends have been some degree of gay/bi.
The ones I liked the best were always more gay than the others.

There is something about the types of personalities usually associated with these sexual preferences that I find appealing.
Maybe they just have a greater degree of weirdness or an open mindedness that someone odd like me would enjoy.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
Don't see why that would be a problem. Actually my inner teenage boy would be excited by the prospect.

IndomitableSam

Sep 6, 2011
I have no problem with it at all. Heck, I'm attracted to women all the time. I don't usually want to sleep with them, but I don't think I'd say no if one asked. And if a guy was? Fine by me - obviously I find men attractive, so why wouldn't another guy?

Seriously, no issues whatsoever. As long as they're faithful, it's all good.

DoomyMcDoom

Jul 4, 2008
Xiado said:
Hate to break it to ya OP, but you don't choose who you're attracted to.
I can, it takes a bit of effort, but it gets easier and easier to see people as unattractive to preserve my sanity, as most if not all women wouldn't touch me with a bargepole, I tend to force myself to stop finding them attractive so that I can go on with my life without the hassle of wanting to be with anyone, I'm still lonely as hell, but at least it's not because of any specific woman ignoring me.

Anyhow, on topic, I don't see why it would affect me, remembering back to the times when I was actively dating, and wasn't treated like some kinda freak, I can't see bi-sexuality as a problem, as long as said individual is female, and attractive to me to begin with, and finds me attractive in return, then it really doesn't matter, though it hasn't really ever happened, I find that at least in my experience, all of the bi-sexual women I've known are into more feminine men, I'm a big burly beardly man who tends to be a bit too far on the manly end of maleness and am "not their type" apparently because of this.

BloatedGuppy

Feb 3, 2010
It's a total non-issue. It's like asking me if I could be attracted to someone wearing a hat, or someone who really liked spaghetti.

I don't know how it could possibly be a thing, unless you're the sort of person who conflates bisexuality with promiscuity, or believes homosexuality in any form is a sin.

Anti Nudist Cupcake

Mar 23, 2010
manic_depressive13 said:
I wouldn't care at all if the person I was dating was bisexual.

I have a friend who is gay and he told me that he wouldn't want to date a bisexual because, since their dating pool is larger, they would be more likely to cheat. Or something. Anyway, we had an argument about that and I think I convinced him of the absurdity of such a belief by the end.
Why is it that gay people are so prejudiced against bisexuals? Isn't it kinda hypocritical? I mean they struggle so much to get accepted by heterosexuals and yet here they are, showing the same amount of bigotry that they are fighting against in the first place, only towards bisexuals.

DanielBrown

Dangerzone!
Dec 3, 2010
I don't see why it would matter. I've been in a relationship with(at least) one girl who was bisexual. Thought it was kind of sexy, but as a straight male it's not that surprising.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
I am genderfluid/transgendered. Bisexuals are my primary partners, since it removes the burden of expected gender for myself.

Salsajoe

Dec 18, 2012
My latest girlfriend was a bisexual, it was longest relationship I have been in, probably also the best. To me it has no influence whether my partner is or isn't bisexual.

Small, but bigger chance for threesome with 2 of the other gender. Not that it really attracts me to have a threesome.
Call me a heretic, but I see it as double the work instead of double the pleasure.

redmoretrout

Oct 27, 2011
Saelune said:
I am genderfluid/transgendered.
What does that mean? The genderfluid part I mean, I've never heard of it.

To answer the question no of course not. I can't imagine any guy having a problem with his girlfriend being attracted to girls as well.

mgirl

Mar 29, 2011
Every bisexual girl I have dated so far has gone off with someone who is male. Some because they were doing 'bisexual is fashionable' for girls thing, and some because they'd decided that they'd rather have a 'normal' relationship with a guy.

This has probably coloured my opinion in a rather negative way. I mean, I could still be attracted to and be willing to date a girl that was bisexual, but I am now far more wary than I was before.