Could you be attracted to a bisexual?

Dirge Eterna

Apr 13, 2013
EstrogenicMuscle said:
Headdrivehardscrew said:
In a relationship or married? Hell no.
Why? Do you think there is any more change that they would cheat?

There isn't. Heterosexuals and homosexuals are equally as likely to cheat as bisexuals.

Being bisexual does not mean having relaxed morals.
Maybe they are afraid of a Bi partner because then they wouldn't have a "safe" friend to hang out with. A lot of my friends want their girlfriends to go out with other women because they don't have to worry about them being attracted or cheating with a girl.

Headdrivehardscrew

Aug 22, 2011
EstrogenicMuscle said:
Headdrivehardscrew said:
In a relationship or married? Hell no.
Why? Do you think there is any more change that they would cheat?

There isn't. Heterosexuals and homosexuals are equally as likely to cheat as bisexuals.

Being bisexual does not mean having relaxed morals.
I know quite a number of gay and bisexual men. Those living in a relationship model and sex life I can somewhat relate to are TWO, well, FOUR if I add their significant others into the mix. All the others are either cockring-wearing ever-hard, ever-humping poof fairies living in random sauna sex wonderland or they're meanwhile full time drug addicts and/or deranged-level crazy, either on heavy medication or living the dream of dedicating themselves to fight society, the power, the man, capitalism and whatever fancy windmill du jour needs poking - And that's all with or without the freebie HIV they picked up during one of their sex, booze and/or drug binges. Some of those used to be handsome, very intelligent, charming. I've seen enough of that and I am not willing to put up with any glamorization of the relaxed morals involved in their very personal iterations of the falling from grace bit, it's just not a lifestyle I find very tolerable. Three of the gay men with HIV that I interact with are dear to me, and seeing them deal with their lot is heartbreaking, day after day. A couple of the HIV carriers lost it in the last decade and starting fucking around again, spreading the love and the bonus content, just because. One is now a brainwiped prescribed drugs zombie, the other one is on the run because he didn't fancy jail much. He might also be dead, which would probably be best as he'd just be bound to put satisfaction of his own sexual cravings over the lives of anyone unlucky enough to fall for his looks or his smooth talking. So, yeah, maybe I've seen too much of sexually liberated wonderland to really be much fun and very open to the blessings of an 'anything goes' approach.

As for the cheating bit - If I were to find out, I'd raise hell like you've never seen before, no matter who or what you stick your private parts into. So, that bit of my stance is all-inclusive and very much not discriminating in nature.

I just don't find the anal bit very appealing, just as my gay menfolk friendlies don't fancy boobs and pussy much. We still get along just fine, but the sex life bit is considered personal. If you wank/kiss/pet/fondle/hump in public or on facebook, I'll have you sacked before you climax. We don't ask whether people fancy men or women or children or animals when we hire, so we do not intend to find out, because it's not part of our business relationship.

In my personal life, I cook/eat/drink/hang out with gaysexuals of various self-declared denominations at least three times a week, and just about every weekend. I just consider the very idea of my man getting it on with another man to be a major turn-off. Knowing that, and my own temper, I don't feel like trying this situation on for size.

captcha: candy apple

Fdzzaigl

Mar 31, 2010
It's not like "I'm a frekking bisexual yo!", would be written all over their faces. So yeah.

And even if it were, wouldn't make much of a difference for me. As far as steady relationships would go, I guess the same rules as the ones with another heterosexual would apply :p

Blunderboy

Apr 26, 2011
The girl I'm seeing at the moment is bi. I'm fine with it.
The only problem is that she's not really looking for anything committed right now, but that's not anything to do with her sexuality.

Not Lord Atkin

I'm dead inside.
Oct 25, 2008
I used to like this girl who was bisexual. when she told me that, the first thought that popped into my head was: "sweet" followed by "we could totally get one of her friends to join in". Sadly, that didn't work out (she was also kind of psychotic). My current girlfriend is just about as straight as they get.

In all seriousness though, I wouldn't mind, it could actually be pretty interesting. I would probably be worried about her deciding she wants something different for a change and leaving me over it, then again, I try not to be paranoid when it comes to relationships anymore (making every single girl I've ever been with prove that they weren't transsexual men did not make me very popular with the ladies).

piinyouri

Mar 18, 2012
If I was attracted to them, it would be for another reason besides the fact that they are bisexual.

babinro

Sep 24, 2010
CrimsonBlaze said:
I would say yes.

So long as they are attracted to me and are interested in pursuing a relationship, why should it matter if they are attracted to the same sex?
My thoughts exactly.

I wouldn't let her past relationships with males or females bother me any more than I would with a straight woman's history.
It's a non-issue.

Mr F.

Jul 11, 2012
My ex fiance was Bisexual. Most of the partners I have had since have been bisexual. Hell, I am pretty sure only my last partner was not bisexual. I am bisexual. It is not down to a preference to bisexuals (Quite the reverse, I am paranoid and incredibly insecure, not the most mentally stable individual), it is just down to not being able to help who you fall in love with (And falling in love way too easily).

Although I have had female friends who say they do not like the idea of me dating dudes. But that is life. I do not really care much about the matter. Each to their own. strangely, some aspects of homophobia do not bother me in the slightest. I mean, I have a male friend who would never say a bad thing about gay guys. He is one of my oldest friend. But he cannot really accept that I am bisexual, he doesn't ever want to consider it. The idea of two dudes going at it repulses him, genuinely. Its not that he thinks it is wrong, he just hates the idea. So... Theres that (And its off topic, I know.)

*reads up*

Yeah, the idea within the LGBTQ community that us "B's" are halfway out the closet and stuff is really annoying. I mean, I used to be a promiscuous little shit, but lots of us were when we were younger. But again, I understand it. I get strait privilege because most people have no idea whatsoever. I am pretty good at hiding it (Had to for a very long time) plus I am terrified of getting involved with a dude thanks to earlier stuff.

thethird0611

Feb 19, 2011
Straight white guy reporting in, and honestly, I would probably say that I dont believe I could. Heck, im not even turned on by the thought of two women having sex. Stepping away from the whole 'Not ok with homosexuality' thing, I think I would just feel kinda off about dating a gal who is bisexual. Just the thought of her thinking 'Oh, im just not as happy with a man as I would with a woman', or just thinking that she could have the same thoughts about a woman's looks like I could say to a guy and he would understand, just kinda seems off.

So really, nothing that would 100% happen, but all those little thoughts that 'could' happen, just doesnt sit well enough with me.

waj9876

Jan 14, 2012
It would be incredibly hypocritical of me if I were to say not, as I myself am pansexual. Which is like being bisexual, only I also like people who used to be one gender, and became another. Also hermaphrodites.

thethird0611

Feb 19, 2011
SpunkeyMonkey said:
Mr F. said:
thethird0611 said:
Both great, honest posts that just show "each to their own", and that in life everyone has to do their own thing.

Listen to you heart/instinct/gut/whatever and that's where the truth lies IMO. The people who end up unhappy are those who live their lives by other people's judgements and interpretation of things.
You know, my night has been really 'eh' because of lack of sleep, but I just got the biggest smile to your post. Very optimistic, accepting, and caring.

So thank you SpunkeyMonkey... and that is a really hard sentence to say with a straight face xD

Jandau

Smug Platypus
Dec 19, 2008
No, I would not have a problem with that. In fact, I have no problems if my girlfriend fools around a bit with other girls, as long as it doesn't negatively affect me.

Combustion Kevin

Nov 17, 2011
dated one for a while, until she realised I realised she wasn't emotionaly invested and conciously trying to be distant to the whole affair.

but that was a personal thing, bisexuality doesn't really matter to me, anyway, in fact given my stubborness, I might even ask a lesbian out if I liked em enough. ^^'

EstrogenicMuscle

Sep 7, 2012
Headdrivehardscrew said:
I know quite a number of gay and bisexual men. Those living in a relationship model and sex life I can somewhat relate to are TWO, well, FOUR if I add their significant others into the mix. All the others are either...
Well then you've had a very poor experience. And your personal anecdotal does not make for the majority of homosexuals or bisexuals.

bluerocker

Queen of Cockblocking and Misery
Sep 22, 2011
Seeing as I am dating someone who is bisexual, I say that I'm attracted to him like I am to any other guy. I found his personality to be something I liked and he could get me to laugh easily; a trait I always like in a person.

When he said he was bisexual, I joked that we could check out guys together, but otherwise; I just didn't care. What he likes is up to him, and if I'm a part of what he likes, that is A OKAY in my book. :)

A bisexual person is just like any other person who feels sexual attraction to anyone else. It's not as if bisexual humans are slobbering sexual maniacs. They are just more open to other people to being attracted to.