Critical Miss: Mass Effect

Super Toast

Supreme Overlord of the Basement
Dec 10, 2009
HankMan said:
Super Toast said:
HankMan said:
Serious warning: don't drop the soap
No terrible puns today? HankMan, I am dissapoint.

OT: Critical Miss has officially beaten Penny Arcade for the best gaming webcomic ever award.
I gotta finish a paper right now
Wait until this afternoon >)
I await it eagerly.

Owlslayer

Nov 26, 2009
That poor little volus...
Still, i found his facial expression quite funny.
Wait, he was wearing a suit that masked his face.
Okay, I'm going crazy.

Treaos Serrare

Aug 19, 2009
that vollus will be killed not just from getting dick-shanked by that elcor but also from the ensuing suit rupture

CalPal

Apr 25, 2011
Well... it doesn't look like either one *puts on Garrus visor* has much flexibility.

Vault Citizen

May 8, 2008
therandombear said:
Ldude893 said:
therandombear said:
Is this the Mass Effect version of The Shawshank Redemption?
All that's missing is Morgan Freeman and a rock hammer.
Next comic, a Batarian who can get anything...
Vault Citizen said:
therandombear said:
Is this the Mass Effect version of The Shawshank Redemption?

OT: Interesting, how do volus even re-produce?
The title would suggest it is a Mass Effect version of American History X
Ye, but Shawshank Redemption was the first to pop into my mind xD
I imagine Edward Norton would be very hurt to hear that :p, lol.

Celtic_Kerr

May 21, 2010
EvilPicnic said:
stinkychops said:
Since when is prison rape funny?

I get it though. Bravo.
They say: "You can't joke about rape! Rape is not funny!" I say fuck you! I think it's hilarious, how do you like that? I can PROVE to you that rape is funny! Picture Porky Pig raping Elmer Fudd! Well, why do you think they call him "Porky"?
? George Carlin
Well Elmur was asking for it, look what he was wearing.

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
Poor Pitne For.

This comic made me lol.

A biotic Volus team mate in the form of Niftu Cal would just be so awesome they are always so grumpy. /pat. I always love that you turn the corner and he's in front of the snack machine. Biotics make you nom.

Madara XIII

Sep 23, 2010
Quiet Stranger said:
Shouldn't this comic be called "Mass Erect"???
Congratulations. I can no longer play this game without thinking about Phallic imagery XD

Good show

Madara XIII

Sep 23, 2010
EvilPicnic said:
stinkychops said:

I get it though. Bravo.
They say: "You can't joke about rape! Rape is not funny!" I say fuck you! I think it's hilarious, how do you like that? I can PROVE to you that rape is funny! Picture Porky Pig raping Elmer Fudd! Well, why do you think they call him "Porky"?
? George Carlin
HEHEHE XD

Funny indeed.

Madara XIII

Sep 23, 2010
stinkychops said:
EvilPicnic said:
stinkychops said:

I get it though. Bravo.
? George Carlin
See I didn't laugh. I'm a big Carlin fan, but I don't think its funny.

Explain to me what exactly is funny about this comic. The absurdity? Doubt it.
Prison rape is pretty damn funny if the person deserves it. An example would be if that guy was a rapist and then happened to one day drop the Soap. Secondly, I think it's the stereotype of prison rape I think that is giving this comic its hilarity. I mean that's a pretty scary situation going into prison.

Think of it this way

A. You're entering a hostile environment (Almost as bad as Detroit)
B. You might be cellmates with a complete nutjob
C. You could get shanked if you mess with the wrong person whether it be an accident
D. You're in a confined space with hundreds of big burly men who haven probably been isolated from the opposite sex for years. HELLO DESPERATION and Hello little Fish!

See? I find it funny due to the desperation for sexual relief amongst inmates. Call me sick and twisted, but honestly they put themselves in prison. Sympathy definitely isn't coming from me. And yes I've had family who's been to prison and they deserved it after what they did to our family. So don't pull the family argument.

Ghengis John

Dec 16, 2007
Moriarty said:
Ghengis John said:
therandombear said:
OT: Interesting, how do volus even re-produce?
One would imagine at home. Outside their suits, in temperatures, pressures and atmospheres that won't kill them.
nah, everyone knows you only need "herbs and antibiotics" and you can go around banging people from different species altough your immune system is so weak that you could are forced to wear the same suit for all your life or die of infection.
*puts on my nerd goggles* (Which are just my regular goggles)

Ah but you see the Volus wear their suits not because of their immune systems but because they would literally burst open at the pressures most people are comfortable with. Their cells contain ammonia, not water. It turns into a gas at room temperature, under normal atmospheric pressure and the air they breathe is similarly toxic to you and me.

As an asides I've always thought the Tali "I took some herbal supplements" line was pretty weak, especially since herbal supplements usually = voodoo snake oil witchcraft. As a special surprise for people who slept with tali in mass effect 3, she should now be dying.

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
Azuaron said:
ETA: You know... the whole Dickwolf thing did not start as a valid complaint against a rape joke, since it wasn't really a joke about rape (the humor was in the patent heartlessness of the PC). But this right here is a definite rape joke. Come on, guys, seriously? Anytime your pitch for a joke involves, "It's funny because he's going to be raped," get a new joke.
I think you're being too kind to Penny Arcade there. I found the Dickwolves strip hilarious and all but is still a rape joke, it's using the concept of rape (even in a ridiculous context) as a mid punchline.

The main thrust (sorry) of this joke is the application of the Elcor's strange speech pattern to a more extreme situation. But at it's core, like the Penny Arcade joke, it's still a rape joke.

PerfectDeath

Mar 21, 2009
If it ends up like what robot chicken did, that would be awesome: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3jfbAcsfX8&feature=feedf