Critical Miss: Mass Effect

Canid117

Oct 6, 2009
PhiMed said:
Rape: It's funny if it's in prison... and it's a dude on the receiving end.
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/RapeIsFunnyWhenItIsMaleOnMale
tvtropes has everything covered.

Ghengis John

Dec 16, 2007
Kermi said:
You mean after being reconstructed from his charred remains by Project Lazarus?
Exactly. Remember this is Cerberus we're talking about. I wouldn't be surprised if one of those "few extra parts" Jacob mentioned was a xeno-toxic urethra.

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
Khushal said:
Grey Carter said:
Too bad that when one of the writers/creators of content on the escapist finally looks at his comments, he has to defend his work instead of enjoying the comments.

Lets make a deal. If you guys focus on making funny strips we will focus on the haters.

Oh and by the way...

Congratulations! Your comic now has atleast 1 funny strip, if funny strips were people that would be infinity times the sun!
I actually really enjoy interacting with my readers and talking shop. I don't understand why other creators seem to avoid it. I also don't mind discussing the (numerous) failings of my writing with my critics provided they're polite.

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
Khushal said:
Is that a John Solomon reference? A John Solomon review would make me weep and rejoice in equal measure. All we got was some dude the Webcomic Overlook ripping us a new one.

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
standokan said:
So this seems to be incredibly funny, but since I never played mass effect, I don´t understand.
Ever played KoToR? It's sort of like the Assasin droid there.

Basically the Elcor are a race that convey the subtlety of emotion and context through non-verbal means, their verbal delivery being very flat and unexpressive. Thus when talking to other species they state the context they would like to convey, usually always positive, or just to clarify something. You know like making a query but specifying you have genuine interest.

It's funny because the Elcor is trying to convey malevolent intent through tone, which logically wouldn't happen, but it's funny to think about.

Nickompoop

Jan 23, 2011
I always wondered what an Elcor would say when it doesn't like someone. Now I know that it results in hilarity.

Kermi

Elite Member
Nov 7, 2007
Ghengis John said:
Kermi said:
Exactly. Remember this is Cerberus we're talking about. I wouldn't be surprised if one of those "few extra parts" Jacob mentioned was a xeno-toxic urethra.
I choose to believe Shepard would only deploy xenotoxins in times of great peril, like a startled squid.

Ghengis John

Dec 16, 2007
Kermi said:
Ghengis John said:
Kermi said:
I choose to believe Shepard would only deploy xenotoxins in times of great peril, like a startled squid.
Ahhh your response killed me. Good game sir.

EnigmaticSevens

Sep 18, 2009
Moriarty70 said:
This whole thread made me think of Elcor in bed with another species;

"False Joy: That's the spot, keep going, yes yes yes."
You sir, have won the priiizzzzee. Jacob will be along to deliver it shortly.

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
stinkychops said:
It doesn't imply you think its acceptable, it implies that you find it funny. So you find prison rape unacceptable and funny?
Only when it involves space stations, exploding midgets and cow people.