Criticise your favourite game

Hemlet

Jul 31, 2009
Mount & Blade Warband: why must you always crash? I look up the fixes and I do them, and then you work, but when I come back after a few days you're crashing again! Wryyyyy?

Dark Souls: Blightown is more annoying than difficult (and it has framerate problems, and it abuses bloom lighting something fierce), and I call shenanigans on the Stray Demon's forward heat blast attack. The attack that has an animation where it shoots forward, but I still get hit by it even when I'm clearly behind the demon and at a fair distance to boot. Also the Gaping Dragon is really, really easy.

Psychonauts: Sheegor's voice. Good lord Sheegor's voice. It's like someone auto-tuned the sound of nails going down a chalkboard. Also the divining rod was a little bit of a chore. Oh, and getting all the figments on Milla's Dance Party is annoying as fuck because they blend into the scenery almost perfectly.

Bastion: I love you Bastion, I really do, but whoever decided that the character should be able to fall off the edge of the world in a game that has an isometric perspective needs to be given a good slap upside the head. Yes, I know it makes sense in context, and there are even in-game perks to trivialize the damage you take, but it's still really goddamn irritating.

Minecraft: Your new hunger bar. I like the idea, I think it has some great potential, as it stands now though it goes down WAY too goddamn fast. I can't accomplish anything because I'm always scrambling for food.

Rayman Origins: The level "Mecha No Mistake" is goddamn terrible and the only level that I would label as unfair.

Super Mario 64: Fuck Tiny Huge Island. That level is balls.

Rock Band: All anyone wanted to play online was "Welcome Home" by Coheed and Cambria. I hate that song now thanks to over exposure. Whenever David Bowie came up after selecting Random Song, everyone would just up and leave. If you were the drummer or singer and "Green Grass and High Tides" came up, you were either in for a very quick game or a very long and boring one. "Black Hole Sun" was a boring to play.

Jet Force Gemini: you and your Tribal collecting shenanigans were the last straw. That little asshole Tribal leader even admits to having the last piece of the ship I need to build, and the ************ won't install it because I haven't gone and saved every single individual member of his entire race. And I can't just kill him and take it either (and not for lack of trying).

Morrowind: Your combat system is ridiculous. "Enemy at point blank range and 3 times your size, hitting shouldn't be a probl-what's that? You have less than 25 in that weapon skill? Get used to whiffing at the air while this thing eats your face buddy." I'm sorry Morrowind, I just didn't feel like leveling up my Short Sword skill so I could go and stab ONE THING with the Fork of Horripilation.

Kirby's Adventure: the "spark" power lags the game out something fierce. There are often points when there are too many sprites on screen and the game slows down. The "spike" power is next to useless. The "hi-jump" power makes Dedede a complete joke.

Majora's Mask: The very beginning of the game had a really weird difficulty curve. If you've never played before you'll likely get a game over from being lost and/or confused, but if you have played before then it's just boring because you finish everything you need to and still have a night and a day left to go before the clock tower opens.

Golden Sun The Lost Age: There was absolutely no point whatsoever in beating Dullahan. The summon you get from beating him is so cost prohibitive that you'll never use it, and if you can beat Dullahan then the normal final boss isn't even a threat anymore.

Sean Hollyman

Jun 24, 2011
The Wykydtron said:
Sean Hollyman said:
The Metal Gear Solid games have extremely long and confusing cutscenes sometimes.

What the fuck was the ending of MGS2? MADE NO SESNE
What the fuck was the entirety of MGS2? IT MADE NO SENSE! XD

The problems in the game can be summed up as Rose, Rose, Rose, Raiden, Vamp's Diabolus Ex Machina(s) Rose, Nanomachines and Rose

Did I mention Rose?
Rose wasn't too bad, I pretty much always ignored her anyway... :p

All I managed to make sense of MGS2 was;
Raiden goes on Big Shell, fights terrorists, fights Ray then Arsenal Gear Crashes.

General BrEeZy

Jul 26, 2009
Halo Reach has some stupid ultra-annoying Forge problems that i really wish would go away.
NOW!!!!
Didn't get to use the Sabre Fighter enough.
AT ALL!!!!!!!

Launcelot111

Jan 19, 2012
Persona 4- It takes three hours to get to your first dungeon, the Fox social link is infuriating (catching the Guardian is torture), the unpredictable schedule and weather patterns make it hard to plan social links, Naoto kind of annoys me

DaWaffledude

Apr 23, 2011
KOTOR... Umm... Oh! They re-use the same sound files for aliens a lot!

And the children look kind of weird.

Commissar Sae

Nov 13, 2009
Hmmmm, Mount & Blade: Warband is on its own fairly limited. Thank god for the modding community that has made me spend nearly 800 hours on the game.

Bucht

Apr 22, 2010
This thread just made me realize I don't have a favorite game...
How is that even possible.

OrpheusTelos

Mar 24, 2012
Chrono Trigger is too good. It makes me play it too much!

Serious answer: Chrono Cross sometimes doesn't give you enough information to go on. Very frustrating in a game like that.

Lejsen

Mar 2, 2011
Half life 2 gets boring after multiple playthroughs.

This is true for most of my favourite games :(

redisforever

Oct 5, 2009
Stalker series and Red Dead Redemption. I love them to death, but holy fuck, are they glitchy, buggy messes. I do love them despite that, because the content more than makes up for the glitches. Also, some glitches are entertaining.

Austin Howe

Dec 5, 2010
Fappy said:
Austin Howe said:
Fappy said:
SNES - Chrono Trigger has one of the stupidest looking final bosses ever.
And some of the worst Final boss music too!
It wasn't great but I kind of liked it... though the music for his 2nd form was much, much better.

Fuck that, the music from the second game is much, much better. All of it.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Caramel Frappe said:
Fappy said:
We have similar names because..... I am really you! Dadadaaaa!
.. Sooooo I am basically a black cat that's addicted to caramel frappes while winking to the cameras?

Lol what? (Just kidding... maybe?!) Dun Dun DUN. But in all seriousness, I would like to ask you what game deserves the most criticizing?
Mass Effect 3 is a good contender. Even without factoring in the ending the game has plenty of things to criticize. I still like it though :p

Klumpfot

Dec 30, 2009
The item management in Suikoden II is pretty bad, and the magic feels a little too restrictive. It's a fantastic game though.

Austin Howe

Dec 5, 2010
SmarterThanYou said:

Serious answer: Chrono Cross sometimes doesn't give you enough information to go on. Very frustrating in a game like that.
That's true. Considering the world map is so small, you lose that "Turn on the game, look where you are on the map and have an idea where you might need to go" if you haven't played for months (something we lost when we stopped needing multiple discs as well/when these games got so damned linear.)

Glad to see a Chrono Cross fan though!

Austin Howe

Dec 5, 2010
The Wykydtron said:
Sean Hollyman said:
The Metal Gear Solid games have extremely long and confusing cutscenes sometimes.

What the fuck was the ending of MGS2? MADE NO SESNE
What the fuck was the entirety of MGS2? IT MADE NO SENSE! XD

The problems in the game can be summed up as Rose, Rose, Rose, Raiden, Vamp's Diabolus Ex Machina(s) Rose, Nanomachines and Rose

Did I mention Rose?
http://www.deltaheadtranslation.com/MGS2/DOTM_TOC.htm

Both of you, please read this. I'm not saying it'll make you like the game, but it will help you understand why it is the way it is.

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
Skyrim has some bugs.

Windwaker was a bit too easy.

Oblivion had some bugs.

Mass Effect 2 is the predecessor to the shit ending of Mass Effect 3.

Shining Force has an easy final boss compared to some of the others.

cahtush

Jul 7, 2010
Rome: Total War
The romans are OP as f**k.
They have 3 factions the same strengh as a regular one and conquer the world sooo fast
EDIT: Forgot to say, their units are VERY strong in the beginning, then a bit into the campaing they get new units that are almost as OP as starcraft2 Marines.

OrpheusTelos

Mar 24, 2012
Austin Howe said:
SmarterThanYou said:

That's true. Considering the world map is so small, you lose that "Turn on the game, look where you are on the map and have an idea where you might need to go" if you haven't played for months (something we lost when we stopped needing multiple discs as well/when these games got so damned linear.)

Glad to see a Chrono Cross fan though!
Feeling is mutual. :D They're out there, but Cross is a game that people had mixed opinions about.