Crytek UK Testing the Waters for New TimeSplitters Game

Tharwen

Ep. VI: Return of the turret
May 7, 2009
OK, as long as they don't try to shoehorn CryEngine 2 physics into it. I've hardly played it, but cartoon-style graphics and realistic ragdoll tend not to go together well.

Jharry5

Nov 1, 2008
Ha! Finally!
I hope this is made so much.

Though I think reimagining it for a new audience would not be a very good idea...
Anyway, I'm off to boot up the third one on my PS2 right now.

imoutogetyou

Oct 25, 2010
i have been waiting for a new timesplitters game for so long now i cant even remember. there has been a serious lack of comedy in fps games made for the modern console.

AngryMongoose

Elite Member
Jan 18, 2010
Torque669 said:
I hope they dont "update the series for a modern audience" because that will mean a COD style levelling up system and that wont fit for Timesplitters.
I don't know, they've always required character map and mode unlocks.

What I'm really worried about there is regenerating shield bars, and 2 weapon slots (Or class weapon packages). If I want to carry around a shotgun, 2 shotguns, an assault shotgun, a blunderbuss and some proximity mines, that's MY choice.

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
Well as long as the original Crytek team stays away from this, the guys make a mean game engine no doubt, but they are very poor at game design.

MasterKirov

Nov 8, 2009
After five years, hell it's about time ^.^

Pure win. Pure unaltered win. Now let's hope it doesn't go into Development Hell again -_-

Jamous

Apr 14, 2009
I have one thing to say..... YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Finally! Thank you Crytek you beautiful beautiful people!

Hosker

Aug 13, 2010
I would love for them to do a classic Timesplitters. I' sure it would sell well as it does have a rather large fanbase already.

tinkyyy

Nov 17, 2008
Well my housemates were confused just then, mainly becuase I might as well have just had a fit of excitement.

I want a Timesplitters game, but it has to be "classic", otherwise it just wouldn't really be Timesplitters.

MrGFunk

Oct 29, 2008
Don't really see this article as testing the waters. I wish this was a firm yes.
I would buy a new Timesplitters game in a heartbeat. Hell, I'd preorder now if they need me to.

I would also buy an HD compilation release which would sit nicely next to the GOW 1 and 2 originals and update and the ICO SOTC originals and 2011 update. I feel a little glutinous.

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
I really do hope another game gets made.

Maybe doing a port of TimpeSplitters 3 on the 3DS might be a good way to 'test the waters'???