Crytek UK Testing the Waters for New TimeSplitters Game

RobfromtheGulag

May 18, 2010
Old Timesplitters games (the ones on PS2): Awesome.
Crytek: Pretty good in my book (Farcry, Crysis, even the engine for Aion)

This is promising news.

Kouen

Yea, Furry. Deal With It!
Mar 23, 2010
tanis1lionheart said:
I really do hope another game gets made.

Maybe doing a port of TimpeSplitters 3 on the 3DS might be a good way to 'test the waters'???
Na I think something as awesome as TimeSplitters cannot be contained on a kids toy, it needs a PS3, 360 and PC Release.

bak00777

Oct 3, 2009
this makes me soooooooooooooo happy. Only thing that could make me as happy is if I could actually play TSFP on my 360

BaldursBananaSoap

May 20, 2009
"Update the series for a modern audience"

So, strawberry jam all over the screen when you get shot, a four hour single player with piss easy and skilless multi-player that reels you in with points for doing everything, brown and bloom everywhere to cover up the horrible textures, DLC everywhere and possibly one of those shitty sticky cover systems that Gears of War managed to make popular?

If they go with this option, then they can go fuck themselves.

Palademon

Mar 20, 2010
Let it be known across the land that just the news of consideration has made Jonny VERY HAPPEH FAIC!

NotMePleaseIgnore

Jul 20, 2009
I wouldn't care if they just re-released Future Perfect with online play I'd buy it instantly

Also Future Perfect > TS2. Definitely.

sgtshock

Feb 11, 2009
Apologies for meme response, but I can't think of anything more appropriate:

And if they're really worried about it's personality and sense of humor making it a niche game, just market the game as a serious shooter, like what Halo 3 did with it's "Believe" ads. Getting rid of Timesplitter's uniqueness and personality will just make it generic and crappy, which will give it bad review scores, which will hurt sales waaay more than a "niche" market.

HK_01

Jun 1, 2009
There's no way to convey my joy if they made a new TimeSplitters game with the written or even spoken word.

On a side note, don't "modernize" it by making it get all the things that are "cool" for shooters now. I don't want a gritty, pseudo-realistic shooter, regenerating health and all that stuff. I want TimeSplitters.

Edit: Of course, it needs to come out for PC. And if it runs on the CryEngine, it damn well should.

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
Kouen said:
tanis1lionheart said:
I really do hope another game gets made. Maybe doing a port of TimpeSplitters 3 on the 3DS might be a good way to 'test the waters'???
Na I think something as awesome as TimeSplitters cannot be contained on a kids toy, it needs a PS3, 360 and PC Release.
That's what the PS3 & 360 & PC all are...

Sigmund Av Volsung

Hella noided
Dec 11, 2009
Time splitters 1 was awesome
Time splitters 2 was mega awesome
Time splitters 3 will destroy the universe using its awesomeness

Kungfu_Teddybear

Legacy
Jan 17, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
FUCKING WANT!! I've been dreaming of the day that a new Timesplitters would be made. Please revive the series! It's one of the few games that has fun multiplayer.