Democrats already proposing austerity before DNC even ends

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
News flash: I don't give a hot damn what you think about how I react to people lying about the Iraq War.

Not when the topic of discussion has been so thoroughly debunked and covered not just in politics-junkie circles, but the mainstream media at large for nineteen years predating the Iraq invasion itself, that it is indeed common household knowledge and has been a decisive factor in the past four consecutive Presidential elections. Not when someone is pushing back at a time when Bush's legacy is being actively whitewashed by contrast to Trump, and in that specific context, using the specific lies pushed by neoconservative revisionists to do it, and in no small part to run interference on behalf of Biden who was the war's chief celebrant on the Democratic side of the aisle.

Lying about the Iraq War is something of a red line for me, which I won't entertain under any circumstance regardless which asshole is in office or what the political bent of the speaker is.
You said you had relatives in the army I believe? (Forgive me if I'm mistaken, the comment I'm thinking of is buried in that other thread)

Eacaraxe

Elite Member
Legacy
May 28, 2020
Country
United States
You said you had relatives in the army I believe? (Forgive me if I'm mistaken, the comment I'm thinking of is buried in that other thread)
I'd rather not share that information, but let's leave it at I've heard more than my fair share of stories about kids versus machine guns, high explosives, and incendiaries in bullshit wars built on lies from two generations.

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
I'd rather not share that information, but let's leave it at I've heard more than my fair share of stories about kids versus machine guns, high explosives, and incendiaries in bullshit wars built on lies from two generations.
Of course. If you don't want to talk about it then that's fine. I just thought I'd ask so as to understand your perspective on things better.

Revnak

We must imagine Sisyphus horny
Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
I do feel like my joke didn’t raise the correct volume of ire given the level being brought against Eacaraxe, so I’ll go in depth. Anyone who thinks that Bush was somehow more capable and acceptable for lying us into a war that killed so many, brought about the rise of ISIS, was so clearly done for the sake of the dying (at the time) fossil fuel industry, and also did nothing to save the millions whose lives were ruined in 08, is an absolute fool. To claim Trump is any more than a symptom of our rotting society when his most egregious acts typically involve him just utilizing agencies Bush built and then trying to say “well at least he loved this country” is fascist apologia that will run us into the ground.

Reactions: crimson5pheonix

lil devils x

🐐More Lego Goats Please!🐐
Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
My brother, uncle and cousin all served in Iraq as well, as most of my GW2 guild, however, they are not telling me the same thing you are either.
I was specifically referring to this( from your links above):
4/10/01Lone CIA analyst known only as “Joe” tells top Bush brass that aluminum tubes bought by Iraq can only be for nuclear centrifuges. [Date the public knew: 8/10/03]

8/10/01Major air raid on Iraq.
THAT is EXACTLY what I was talking about here and confirms what I just told you. Calling me a liar when your own evidence states the exact same thing I did is pretty messed up tbh. Bush did not receive evidence to to contrary until AFTER the bombs already started to fall.

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
Of course. If you don't want to talk about it then that's fine. I just thought I'd ask so as to understand your perspective on things better.
My family and friends served in Iraq as well, one of my guildies is the only person who survived from his unit. That does not give me an excuse to make an arse of myself if I misunderstand what someone is addressing.

Revnak

Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
My brother, uncle and cousin all served in Iraq as well, as most of my GW2 guild, however, they are not telling me the same thing you are either.
I was specifically referring to this( from your links above):
4/10/01Lone CIA analyst known only as “Joe” tells top Bush brass that aluminum tubes bought by Iraq can only be for nuclear centrifuges. [Date the public knew: 8/10/03]

8/10/01Major air raid on Iraq.
THAT is EXACTLY what I was talking about here and confirms what I just told you. Calling me a liar when your own evidence states the exact same thing I did is pretty messed up tbh. Bush did not receive evidence to to contrary until AFTER the bombs already started to fall.
The Bush administration were not innocent victims of their own micromanaged and personally expanded intelligence community.

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
My family and friends served in Iraq as well, one of my guildies is the only person who survived from his unit. That does not give me an excuse to make an arse of myself if I misunderstand what someone is addressing.
I was only trying to gain insight into his experience. I did not mean to come off as trying to justify or discredit anyone's arguments based on it.

Reactions: lil devils x

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Literal pining for fascism in this thread. What is this? I guess it's the inevitable circling back to the topic at hand, since Biden was lying with basically most of his platform, any of the progressive parts of it at least, we should turn to fascism to push the poor out of the way and ignore them to talk about GDP and militarization.

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
The Bush administration were not innocent victims of their own micromanaged and personally expanded intelligence community.
I never said that the Bush administration was innocent. Far from it. Cheney is practically Satan himself. I just stated that Bush himself acted on bad intel, not intentionally lying himself about trying to bomb to prevent WMD. The bombs were already dropping before he found out that it was bad intel. Now I wouldn't even doubt if another in his administration set up the bad intel, I just don't think Bush himself knew about it ahead of time. There were plenty of shady as hell POS in his administration at the time so no telling if any of them were involved. Bush was easily manipulated, he wasn't exactly the sharpest tool in the shed.

Revnak

Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
I never said that the Bush administration was innocent. Far from it. Cheney is practically Satan himself. I just stated that Bush himself acted on bad intel, not intentionally lying himself about trying to bomb to prevent WMD. The bombs were already dropping before he found out that it was bad intel. Now I wouldn't even doubt if another in his administration set up the bad intel, I just don't think Bush himself knew about it ahead of time. There were plenty of shady as hell POS in his administration at the time so no telling if any of them were involved. Bush was easily manipulated, he wasn't exactly the sharpest tool in the shed.
If being incompetent produces indistinguishable results from being heinous, and he has apologized for neither, why forgive him?

Revnak

Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
There are less obnoxious places and ways to pick a fight if you're that desperate for a little sparring.
I am an obnoxious boor. I personally don’t care if acknowledging reality is that bothersome for you.

Buyetyen

Elite Member
May 11, 2020
Country
USA
I am an obnoxious boor. I personally don’t care if acknowledging reality is that bothersome for you.
Ah, so you're going with the classic defense of assholes everywhere: "That's just who I am and you're too PC to handle it."

Okay. Just don't complain when we treat you like what you admit to being. Because we totally will.