dingrats: "Just Loot It"

xMacx

Nov 24, 2007
Regardless of the aged content (I wasn't that bent by it), the rhyming was terrible. Poor guy was a half step behind the beat most of the verses, and it was bad enough I felt compelled to post about it.

So this post adds something other than complaining: If you notice your voice is a half step behind the beat, you can take the audio file of the voice and clip out some of the silence between words to make it "fit" with the beat. this is relatively easy to do with any sound editing tool, and clearly within the skill range of someone doing this video. Doing that with most of this song would reduce listener agony by at least 67%.

TaiyedMan

Dec 26, 2007
For those of you who think that WoW machinima is all bad...

http://www.myndflame.com/Movies/p803_shownum/10/p803_sectionid/3

Take a look at Illegal Danish:Super Snacks... The sequel will to it be out on New Years... Probly the best WoW machinima out there.

But yes. That sucked. A lot.

Kaisharga

Dec 5, 2007
Oh, I have little doubt that there is good machinima out there. There was a piece I saw a while back, I think it was called Return, and it was really well-made and well put-together. Just...there is SO much of it around that it's not interesting of its own accord now. As a rule, if you could do it in person but feel the need to make it machinima instead, you should reconsider. And then hit yourself with a frying pan. Repeatedly.

Larenxis

Dec 13, 2007
"Huh, there's no Zero Punctuation, that's unfortunate. Oh hey, they have another video. something about loot, that sounds awesome. Oh god, what IS this?!"

I found the visuals pretty good, but they can not compensate for the general unpleasantness of the music and lyrics. I couldn't make it all the way through.

xMacx

Nov 24, 2007
And because it bothered me enough that I had to look...that song is from 2004. There's got to be a moratorium on years after a song comes out that you're allowed to parody it. 3 years definitely fits into that time frame.

lightbulbsun

Aug 23, 2007
aeonite said:
Using the word Yahtzee in the same paragraph as any reference to that mess is an insult to Yahtzee, the Yahtzee game, Hasbro, Milton Bradley, Edwin S. Lowe and E. William DeLaittre.
^^

Also, please never ever post another horrible WoW video.

Snap07

Oct 3, 2007
Oh boy.

Well, to start off nice: the video wasnt all bad. There was definitly some effort put into this. I didnt have a problem with the song either.

Still it was a pretty unsmooth move to put this thing on the zero punctuation timeslot. Yathzees fancrowd probably isnt that big a fan of mmorpgs, and a video like that only has a chance of working when targeted at its specific target audience. Otherwise its just going to end up trainwrecked.

Also, the idea of a WoW fanvid has been done to the death (even southparc did it), often very badly, so peoples expectations are dangerously tainted from the start. Its not original, and without a really special effort it wont stand out enough and just blend into the mediocre flood of youtube trash. Anybody who doesnt play the game regularly wont like it, and if you narrow yourself down like that you have to expect harsh reactions when presenting it like this.

To conclude in the authors own metaphor: Looks like our Uncle bought us a set of rare Yu-Gi-Oh cards. Sure, theyre expensive and a few people love them, but for the majority its just trash.

SatansBestBuddy

Sep 7, 2007
Since we were promised a good vid, and one hasn't been deleivered, I decided to provide one as an apology to everyone who was suckered into this poorly done advert.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/16010.html?id=16010

Nov 15, 2007
SatansBestBuddy said:
Since we were promised a good vid, and one hasn't been deleivered, I decided to provide one as an apology to everyone who was suckered into this poorly done advert.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/16010.html?id=16010
Thank you. That was much better.

9NineBreaker9

Nov 1, 2007
I must say that the ballad of the n00b was quite enjoyable. If only that could happen to me >.>

Oh, and if the one person gets a white padded room for watching one minute of the video, what does a person get when he watches it all? You know, like...erm...I'm just curious...ahem...

*runs*

Saltiness

Dec 3, 2007
I watched all of that horrible trash. It would've been great if it was funny or musically decent, but it was neither. Either get some people who're actually funny to make the series or can it now.

Ballad of the Noob on the other hand was great.

Projekt Spartan

Dec 19, 2007
I got ten seconds into this video before passing out. I dont think my brain is capable of handling all of that stupid.

Kaisharga

Dec 5, 2007
I dunno if I would go so far as 'great.' Granted it's not the video's fault so much as the songwriter's, but I got a lukewarm kind of feel from it. Which, granted, is eighty times better than the dingrats thing.

portuga-man

Dec 23, 2007
I'm an ultima online fan, and i never really accepted wow. for me wow doesn't exist. it's just an interjection, nothing more. When i read "loot", i immediately thought of good old jones, the uo looter (http://looter.4t.com/), and his incredibly hilarious episodes. So maybe i was not quite prepared for what I was about to see. I stopped at the 34th second, where a... "thing" shows up naked. It's still too soon to judge the creator(s) of this movie. give him/them a chance.

but for now... strike one!

PS: also i don't know what machinima is, but if you're talking about movies made with computer gaming characters, then watch those gmod movies. they're so nonsensical that they make me rofl

Human Bomb

Sep 29, 2007
herodotus said:
15 seconds and I felt I was watching Amateur Hour on U-Tube all over again. I think I'll watch videos of front-end loading washing machines instead. Sorry guys, that was hideous.
They make those? o_O I'd watch that.

BobisOnlyBob

is Only Bob
Nov 29, 2007
That wasn't good. It wasn't well-made or edited. It wasn't intelligent, and it wasn't funny.
More to the point, it wasn't Zero Punctuation - just glad this isn't going to be a regular feature. There's not much hope for this series unless they hire some people with good vocals and better video-editing skills and concepts.