dingrats: "Just Loot It"

Ranzel

Oct 7, 2007
There are other people in my house right now, I was actually embarrassed to be listening to this from the second the guy started singing. Honestly, that was terrible. Granted I only watched it for 15 seconds, but World of Warcraft videos are WAYYYY overdone. Originality, please. Thanks.

sequio

Dec 15, 2007
I watched the first 10 and last 10 seconds of the vid. I'm going the assume the middle was just more parody fill ins.

Zera

Sep 12, 2007
That was interesting to watch, ill admit. I expected Yahtzee would take a break and thats cool he is only human after all. Stop being asses about it.

Hikikomori

Dec 27, 2007
Long time lurker, first time poster.
Anyways, I guess you really just have to know of Nyhm or at least have watched his past videos to enjoy his work. Granted there are alot of WoW machinema. Thing is, have YOU personally watched them all. If not, why group them all together? There are a few diamonds in the rough out there... And Nyhm has a creative mind in parody'ing songs into WoW vids. Hell, I liked his music vids even before I started playing WoW (only about 2 weeks strong now lol).

All I'm saying is don't generalize. This guy has potential. And don't be hatin' cuz theres no ZP this week :p. They're just trying to expand your horizons :)

TheUnbeholden

Dec 13, 2007
I vomited through my nose. made it to 50 seconds before turning it off and running around the house screaming. Ive waited all week in anticipation and i get screwed over,, the only thing that i have to brighten up my week is to have a good Zero Punctuation... its not fair . God has betrayed me in every aspect of my life,, now this one WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

AAAAAAAARRGGGGHGHH goodbye.... (takes own life)

Ghandi 2

Dec 5, 2007
Holy hell that sucked.

I agree that the visuals weren't bad. But everything else was horrendous. Kill it with fire.

It's fair that Yahtzee takes a break, and it's even fair to use that break to promote something on your other website. But that thing is just garbage, and you should destroy it before it ruins any respectability this or the other site has (although I didn't know that the other site existed, so maybe there's not much to lose, I didn't know this site existed either until Yahtzee, but at least it has some interesting articles. I'm not going to go to the other one if it's going to associate itself with that).

Note: never call something that you are affiliated with hilarious. It's obvious that you are lying and turns people off, because if it really were funny you wouldn't have to tell us so.

PurpleRain

Dec 2, 2007
It was cleaver, but I didn't like it. I hate WoW so I thought that was the reason but everyone else seems to share the same opinion.

hickwarrior

a samurai... devil summoner?
Nov 7, 2007
Allthough i could tell you to do it yourself, i might get flamed for that as well. But people do need to understand that practice makes perfect and practice for such a thing on a short-timed basis is very hard. But i guess no one cares if no other musician gets to be better at what he/she does...

Oh yea, i forgot to mention that people just say it sucks but not giving reasons as t owhy. Maybe that's what tastes are.

Anyway, the noob ballad was pretty funny and well done, too. Shows people not to have too much pride.

BonsaiK

Music Industry Corporate Whore
Nov 14, 2007
hickwarrior said:
people just say it sucks but not giving reasons as t owhy.
Well, here are some reasons why I didn't like it.

Firstly, it's just not very funny - too many in-jokes, not enough genuine humour. I think if I lived and breathed WoW at least 10 hours a day I'd perhaps find it more amusing but it's so self-referential that it's impenetrable for an outsider. Maybe this is how it's meant to be, but it makes it alienating to watch. Also, the thing has WAY too much use of internet memes - memes are the absolute antithesis of humour. Memes are where funny jokes go to die, they are the jokes that have been told so often that they simply have no ability to raise a laugh left in them. They have no place in any kind of parody. Furthermore, the rapping is a bit on the sloppy side. Subtitles shouldn't be necessary in a musical parody, but in this case they are, because the guy is quite hard to understand in places.

On the positive side, it seems like it took a lot of time and effort to put that video together, so I admire it for that, if nothing else. The editing is really quite good. And the line "caps lock means they're talking loud" raised a giggle, that was the only really good laugh in there. But that's not enough to save it, in my opinion. Whoever did it has some formidable video-creation talent, I think he just needs someone else to write his comedy material.

seifersan9

Dec 27, 2007
y r all of u saying this is bad i though it was great. Likely none of u play WoW or u spam chuck norris jokes all day in ur cap. and ballad of the noob was stupid ive no clue y u all like it.

seifersan9

Dec 27, 2007
Zera said:
That was interesting to watch, ill admit. I expected Yahtzee would take a break and thats cool he is only human after all. Stop being asses about it.
thank god someone can understand y ur all being stupid about this uy yahtzee

BonsaiK

Music Industry Corporate Whore
Nov 14, 2007
It is probably true that people are being a little more scathing than they would otherwise be because they're missing Yahtzee. Which is absolutely to be expected - after all, Yahtzee's ability to use humour effectively is made all the more obvious when placed up alongside the fairly flaccid, meme-laden 'insider' jokes of "just loot it". I guess if I was very easily pleased in terms of what made me laugh on a daily basis, "just loot it" would constitute a few good minutes of entertainment, maybe I'm just not taking the right drugs, or watching the right sitcoms...

Kirethidae

Dec 27, 2007
That was absolute crap...

I'm talking about Ballad of a Noob. It was a boring song, boring video, boring everything.

Just loot It was great though. Why are you all so stuck up?

I know I am a new member but I read these comments and I thought I just had to post seeing all of your stupid responses. You must have really really really high standards if you think that Just Loot It was as bad as you say, standards that are impossible to satisfy.

<_<

hickwarrior

a samurai... devil summoner?
Nov 7, 2007
BonsaiK said:
hickwarrior said:

Firstly, it's just not very funny - too many in-jokes, not enough genuine humour. I think if I lived and breathed WoW at least 10 hours a day I'd perhaps find it more amusing but it's so self-referential that it's impenetrable for an outsider. Maybe this is how it's meant to be, but it makes it alienating to watch. Also, the thing has WAY too much use of internet memes - memes are the absolute antithesis of humour. Memes are where funny jokes go to die, they are the jokes that have been told so often that they simply have no ability to raise a laugh left in them. They have no place in any kind of parody. Furthermore, the rapping is a bit on the sloppy side. Subtitles shouldn't be necessary in a musical parody, but in this case they are, because the guy is quite hard to understand in places.

On the positive side, it seems like it took a lot of time and effort to put that video together, so I admire it for that, if nothing else. The editing is really quite good. And the line "caps lock means they're talking loud" raised a giggle, that was the only really good laugh in there. But that's not enough to save it, in my opinion. Whoever did it has some formidable video-creation talent, I think he just needs someone else to write his comedy material.
Ah i see. Then i just don't have enough experiencewith comedy of any sort, but maybe i actually did played mumorpgers, which plays a part in the comedy. But otherwise, i do agree that that kind of jokes shouldn't be around, if you don't know anything about it. Maybe that's why there was a stupid epidemic?

Ghandi 2

Dec 5, 2007
BonsaiK said:
hickwarrior said:

That's pretty much it (and I know I used a meme in my post, but I am lazy and uncreative and it expressed the hatred I felt). Memes are not funny (occasionally they can be, under rare circumstances), but people use them thinking that just using them will get a laugh because, after all, it's FUNNY, RITE? I GET THE REFERENCE LOL. HAHAHA THAT WAS SOO RANDOM! I might find it funnier if I played WoW, but saying let's go to the The Gate of Whatever and expecting people to laugh because they know about The Gate of Whatever is terrible humor. Oh, and the music was shit.

seifersan: I think spamming Chuck Norris "jokes" is a prerequisite to enjoying this sort of thing.

Actually, I don't have really high standards. I am very easily amused. But memes and "random" humor are just fucking STUPID.

Jerakal

Aug 30, 2007
Hey I thought it was at least chuckle worthy.

Edit: However I am a colossal WoW nerd so that may have something to do with that.

Kirethidae

Dec 27, 2007
You probably won't get it if you don't play WoW so the easiest thing to do is just shut up. "Everybody to the Zul'Aman door" isn't supposed to be funny. Zul'Aman is the newest dungeon in WoW and it's a statement not something supposed to be "FUNNY, RITE? I GET THE REFERENCE LOL. HAHAHA THAT WAS SOO RANDOM!".

Can you make one better? No, you probably can't so stop bad mouthing it when you have no idea what it's about because you don't play WoW and you're also a dead religious leader...

portuga-man

Dec 23, 2007
I have loads of game-based theories, but I'll just spare you guys from all that, and say to calm down. Everyone's entitled to an opinion and insulting the opposite side just makes you all look worse.

The problem here is that people at the escapist are used to watch yahtzee, rather than something about an mmo. This site isn't mmo-based, unlike warcry. Exchanging a humorous game review for a compilation of mmo inside jokes makes few of us happy.

Remember. This is the internet! What's worth pure gold somewhere is worth crap somewhere else.

But then again, the internet is also like the special Olympics...