Discover the Dangerous World of the Nintendo 3DS

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
#6, #7 and, #10 confuse me...I think the 6th advises against letting Zombies play the 3DS as the 3D images will likely be attacked. #7 looks like it's warning of the dangers of haunted chargers. #10 looks like a warning about all of the insane imagery used in the 3DS game catalog.

I think I might be mistaken though.

ProfessorLayton

Elite Member
Nov 6, 2008
What... these make it even more confusing. What on earth is the last ones supposed to be telling you about? Don't be scared of the 3DS?

Not G. Ivingname

Nov 18, 2009
1. Don't leave your 3DS near the edge of a table. Your baby will learn of it's secret telepathic abilities and turn you inside out next time you don't give her a piece of candy from the store.

2. Contain your urges, even if your 3DS is has the only hole that you can fit it in.

3. Don't play your 3DS near your plants. The 3DS doesn't like your plants.

4. What goes in must come out...

undigested.

5. Your fan and your 3DS have an awkward past. Best leave sleeping dogs lie.

6. Even if you just went through all of Zelda without saving once and your power died on the last boss, we are not liable for self inflicted death.

7. Your power cord is not into bondage nor does it have a shock fetish. Be nice and smooth with her, that is how she likes it.

8. Even with the 3DS's 3D graphics, THE GAME IS NOT YOUR CAR.

9. Magnets suck the 3DS into a reality were you can divide by zero, so don't touch magnets to it.

10. Don't go around sitting in the grass for hours in the starting level of the newest pokemon game.

Some old curses bugs have never gone away.

Thedarkness77

Oct 24, 2010
This really funny but also very sad, make your too to include the warning about not shuving it up your ass or someone somewere will sue you nintendo.

RevRaptor

Mar 10, 2010
lol funny and cute, Of course if you are dumb enough to do some of these then you deserve what happen's next.

TikiShades

May 6, 2009
Guys, the second one is obviously advising you not to use your laser vision to charge your DS. It's a good warning, as I actually WAS one of the people stupid enough to try it. >_<

And the last one I think goes with the second to last one. If you use a magnet on your DS, it won't turn on. :)

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
Mr. Fister said:
I like Wired.com's interpretations of these warnings:

Haha. Funny. Reminds me of the literally captioned New Yorker cartoons [http://www.themonkeysyouordered.com/]

VanQ

Casual Plebeian
Oct 23, 2009
If any of you people have ever watched ANY form of media from Japan you should realise the last one is the standard "Always watch/play in a well lit room." In other words, dont play it in the dark, a lot of Japanese are prone to strokes when watching flashy thingys in the dark, remember the old transformer stroke jokes? They didn't originate from nothing.

EDIT: After much deliberation, I still cannot figure out what the Air Conditioner one means. Maybe the 3DS is prone to condensation when in AC or something? I must confirm this.

Atticus89

Nov 8, 2010
VanQQisH said:
EDIT: After much deliberation, I still cannot figure out what the Air Conditioner one means. Maybe the 3DS is prone to condensation when in AC or something? I must confirm this.
Don't place your 3DS in cold environments. It'll screw with the electronics and even break it.

My friend's DS broke because his dumbass roommate stuck it on top of a freezer.

VanQ

Casual Plebeian
Oct 23, 2009
Atticus89 said:
Don't place your 3DS in cold environments. It'll screw with the electronics and even break it.

My friend's DS broke because his dumbass roommate stuck it on top of a freezer.
Ah, I see. I'll remember never to put my 3DS in the freezer or fridge then. I was worried it was just a "dont play in AC" warning. I was a bit worried I wouldn't be able to play it on the 1 hour train rides to uni. Almost made me decide not to buy it, they should really be less vague with their warnings.

fanklok

Legendary Table User
Jul 17, 2009
canadamus_prime said:
I don't get the second image. Am I not supposed to look at the back of the 3DS?
There's probably some kind of infrared death ray on the back, you know that robots are the leading source of crime in japan and players need to be able to protect their valuables.

dalek sec

Leader of the Cult of Skaro
Jul 20, 2008
WanderFreak said:

"Do not play the Nintendo 3DS while near a portal to hell. Doing so will grant the dimensional portal needed to allow Eldritch Abominations egress into our realm. The unleashing of Eldritch Abominations will void warranty."
So that's what that last one means! I was confused till now, thanks WanderFreak for figuring that one out! :D

Does this mean I can't play it while traveling through the Warp in 40K? D:

Veloxe

Oct 5, 2010
fanklok said:
canadamus_prime said:
I don't get the second image. Am I not supposed to look at the back of the 3DS?
There's probably some kind of infrared death ray on the back, you know that robots are the leading source of crime in japan and players need to be able to protect their valuables.
Exactly, it's like the old James Bond laser beam watch, except in a gaming handheld.

On a side note, I'm rather disappointed Nintendo! After the Wii safety images from back in the day (Do not insert 4 leaf clover into back of Wii) I was expecting so much more from these.