Discover the Dangerous World of the Nintendo 3DS

Katana314

Oct 4, 2007
Someone should draw more of these, but go on to ridiculous things that everyone can interpret differently.

"Do not operate 3DS during a laser hurricane"

Space Jawa

Feb 2, 2010
teh_Canape said:

everybody knows that there IS no way to destroy forged Nintendium
Which is why they're warning you not to sit on it, lest you injure your butt and/or spine from sitting on it too hard and throwing your back out or sitting on it at an angle and setting your spine at a bad angle.

It's not the 3DS they're worried about getting hurt, it's the owner.

Jaebird

Aug 19, 2008
You mean I can't balance it on the edge of a table next to a toddler? Consider my pre-order canceled.

In all seriousness, some of these are just plain humorous.

AdamRBi

Feb 7, 2010
I love these, some of them just seem so obvious you could post them on any hardware box and they're be perfectly suited for it. Though I will agree with most of you... Number 6 and 10...

Clearly these need to be explained. Let me attempt a interpretation.

#01: Rubber Ducks hate children and are known for dropping items off tables to harm them, not excluding your 3DS.

#02: Do not have a staring contest with the IR sensor, it will always win.

#03: The 3DS is not a gardening tool and should not be used as such.

#04: As cushy as it looks, the 3DS does not make for comfortable seating.Alternative: The 3DS is not designed for this purpose, please wait for proper peripherals to be designed before using the product in this manner.

#05: The 3DS is known to melt at low temperatures.

#06: Please be sure to take your 3DS for it's shots soon after purchase. Known 3DS bugs are said to be highly contagious.

#07: Never lock up your power supply, you'll need it every few hours or so.

#08: It takes more then a key to unlock your 3DS's full potential, just ask the hackers.

#09: Never let your 3DS sleep near magnets, it'll give it nightmares.

#10: WARNING: In laboratory tests, 1 of 5 participants have shown signs of having their mind blown by the magic of 3D. Please consult your coworkers or younger relatives before experiencing 3D to find out if 3D is right for you. Symptoms of prolonged exposure include deteriorating eyesight, headaches, mild nausea, spots, demonic repossession, and slight discomfort in the retinal areas. If you experience any of these symptoms, please close your 3DS and give your eyes a rest.

Darkauthor81

Feb 10, 2007
I can't even tell what some of these are trying to warn you about. But if you click on the source link in the article there are some HILARIOUS interpretations that they made up for each image.

The one about the air conditioner and the thermometer made me laugh until it hurt.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
All these safety tips, and more in the new book;
"Don't Do what Donny Dont Does."

Is common sense really lacking? Who here already knew sitting on a DS would likely break it, or that swinging it around would hit something?

Wrapping a chain around the adapters, that was a new one for me /sarcasm.

BigKush

Jun 12, 2010
I believe #6 and #10, the infamous pair of blue heads - are referring to headaches. As in; #6 - don't use the 3DS when experiencing a headache, dizziness or are feeling otherwise ill. #10 - operating the 3DS in a badly lit room could lead to said headaches...

Crazy Japs... <3

Inconspicuous Trenchcoat

Shinku Hadouken!
Nov 12, 2009
:O Your little picture slide show thing is making my graphics card freak out :). It's GPU usage is spiking between 0 and 100% and it turned off Aero. Haha, this is fun. EDIT: Also, Steam crashed at the same time... I don't think it's ever crashed before for no reason (seriously; when it's just minimized and sitting there, it's never crashed).

Asuka Soryu

Jun 11, 2010
canadamus_prime said:
I don't get the second image. Am I not supposed to look at the back of the 3DS?
The laser it amits can brainwash you into killing the Queen of England!

SoulIsTheGoal

Nov 25, 2010
C'mon guys, Image #2 is very clearly "Don't let Cyclops from the x-men look at your 3DS without his Rose Quartz glasses".

We've all done it before, they're just trying to avoid these mistakes happening again.

Googooguru

Jan 27, 2010
Sn1P3r M98 said:
What is the last one? I don't even...

Just look at it! What's it supposed to mean?!

Last one is dont be surprised if all the 3ds games are just rehashed DS titles

..or...

Warning Nintendo reserves the right to hypnotize you and make you a mindless zombie

unacomn

Mar 3, 2008
1) Do not let the DS near ducks because hey will use it against your toddlers
2) Do not use heat vision on the DS
3) Do not use the DS against house plants because they will dodge your blows and retaliate
4) Do not use the DS as a teledildonic while sitting down
5) At low temperature your air conditioning system can be used as a DS launcher
6) Do not try to smoke the stylus, as the hallucinations you get will look like nonsensical line drawing.
7) Do not use chain bondage on your power adapter
8) Do not use a key to start your DS by swiping it. Remember to push down and turn it instead
9) Your DS may on occasion dream it is a magnet.
10) At some point or another you will use your DS to show goatse to someone.

Bernzz

Assumed Lurker
Legacy
Mar 27, 2009
Country
Australia
Sn1P3r M98 said:
What is the last one? I don't even...

Just look at it! What's it supposed to mean?!

Warning. 3DS may steal your very soul from within you.

ReservoirAngel

Nov 6, 2010
I wasn't under the impression that any game on the system needed you to swing it around wildly...

also, how many people had to put chains around their charger when plugging it in for Nintendo to make it an official warning on this? fucking morons...

Ren3004

In an unsuspicious cabin
Jul 22, 2009
So... I shouldn't scribble on the touch screen? Because I might accidentally summon the Lord of Destruction? And unleash unspeakable, Mario-shaped, evil over all mankind?

Desert Tiger

Apr 25, 2009
VanQQisH said:
If any of you people have ever watched ANY form of media from Japan you should realise the last one is the standard "Always watch/play in a well lit room." In other words, dont play it in the dark, a lot of Japanese are prone to strokes when watching flashy thingys in the dark, remember the old transformer stroke jokes? They didn't originate from nothing.

EDIT: After much deliberation, I still cannot figure out what the Air Conditioner one means. Maybe the 3DS is prone to condensation when in AC or something? I must confirm this.
Could be a heater. Maybe it's advising against the plastic melting?