Do girls like men who can cook?

lumenadducere

May 19, 2008
TotalHobNob said:
I am man who knows how to cook and my friends usually give me shit for it. All the girls I've been with think its weak. So my question is do women like men who can cook really well?
You need better friends. Preferably ones who aren't so dumb as to be inextricably bound by stereotypes. And if a girl thinks it's weak that you cook then she's an idiot as well - wait until she's home from work one day and too tired to make dinner. It'll be a godsend then.

Troublesome Lagomorph

The Deadliest Bunny
May 26, 2009
TotalHobNob said:
I am man who knows how to cook and my friends usually give me shit for it. All the girls I've been with think its weak. So my question is do women like men who can cook really well?
Then the girls you know are weird/stupid.

Every female I know loves a man who can cook. Why? THEY AREN'T USELESS SLOBS, THAT'S WHY.

Jun 23, 2008
TotalHobNob said:
I went to academy high school and was in the culinary program for two years, and switched to computers later. My teachers were impressed with the high end meals I made, but it wasn't for me. Which made teachers disappointed with me, as well as my parents.
That sounds like it falls into the can-cater-a-party category, which is, yeah, an attractive date-getting trait. I still suspect it's also a kind of show-don't-tell sort of thing; young, inexperienced people may not recognize the value of gastronomy until the prosciutto bruschetta is right under their nose, and that mammal part of the brain is telling them you are choice mating material.[footnote]I would also add that the fast-food, mall-court and street-food industry relies on this very disparity between the minds and stomaches of their customers. They walk in determined to settle for a salad, but by the time they're at the front of the line, they're ordering a bacon-double-cheeseburger with extra fries.[/footnote]

Seriously, well presented food can be about as sexy as playing a saxophone.

In the real world, that probably falls parallel to line cook[footnote]Although, there may be official credentials that properly qualify one for the line or a given station, in the culinary sector here in San Francisco, caterers get promoted like front-line soldiers (often beyond their expertise, which is cause for high turnover as well). While it's not as dramatic as Iron Chef or Hell's Kitchen or whatver the hot AE / Bravo kitchen reality show is this year, it can be pretty intense.[/footnote]. Whereas I, as a modestly skilled adult, would qualify at best as a short-order cook; I was fairly brushed-up on some kitchen magic when I was living with a girlfriend who liked home-cooked romantic dining. But I've since gotten rusty now that I generally prepare low-cost bulk meals for one.[footnote]Having had a string of girlfriends during the Bush era who were (coincidentally!) in the local restraunt industry, either who cooked fabulous meals for me or scored me absurdly high-end cuisine on the cheap, all had an atrophying effect on my skillz de cuisine. Good times![/footnote].

238U

Jun 23, 2008
Troublesome Lagomorph said:
Every female I know loves a man who can cook. Why? THEY AREN'T USELESS SLOBS, THAT'S WHY.
Boy, you date the wrong guys. Over here, even when we aren't the ones preparing the food, we give free tech-support and dialectical counsel, and that's including the usual male services.[footnote]exempli gratia, opening jars and reaching high things.[/footnote]

Though I am a slob, granted. I keep it in my room, though.

238U

Talvrae

The Purple Fairy
Dec 8, 2009
I'm a woman and i like men who can cook... i dont see what's week about it... It's enjoyable once in a while to let the guy's cook for a change lol

lordmardok

Mar 25, 2010
I can't speak for all women but my girlfriend certainly loves that I can cook. Although I suppose it depends on if you can cook WELL or not ^_^ lol.

velcrokidneyz

Sep 28, 2010
I love cooking! I am fairly Italian and know some good Italian recipes from my grandmother. My girlfriend loves that I cook. If you like cooking, keep cooking. I don't see what's "weak" about it.

game-lover

Dec 1, 2010
Oh hell yeah! I've love a man to cook for me. I don't wanna cook for myself all the time. It would endear him to me and attract me to him for certain.

AngloDoom

Aug 2, 2008
Being able to do any basic survival skill to a good degree is always positive.

It's like saying being able to do times-tables or use a hammer is for queerosexuals.

dystopiaINC

Aug 13, 2010
i don't know about other women, but i have several friends who just graduated with me who took culinary, they"re great and at least one of the is the most manly man i've ever met. honestly he's one of the most jacked guys i've met, and i've been on the receiving end because we played some LARP games and he was an absolute monster. guys was both a major nerd super competent athlete, and great cook, i don't see how cooking can detract from him. or any of them in fact because the people i know that can cook are some of the coolest people i've ever met.

Revolution -X-

Aug 27, 2010
Cooking is a skill I'm gonna put more effort into. Cheap ramen, canned soup and frozen waffles gets less appetizing every day.

Rayne870

Nov 28, 2010
TotalHobNob said:
Problem: The women you have encountered suck
Solution: Find better women

Malikaw

May 28, 2011
WHY THE FUCK DID I READ THIS AS "DO GIRLS LIKE MEN WHO CAN TAKE COCK"
Oh god WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH ME

KezzieZ

Sep 20, 2010
I don't see what's wrong with a guy that can cook.
I'm surprised your friends and ex-girlfriends would give you flak for having a useful skill.

Ham_authority95

Dec 8, 2009
Of course they do, because:

1. They know that you won't be a dick and expect them to cook all the time just because they're female.

2. Cooking for yourself is healthy, and lots of women know this.

3. People like to eat, and making good things to eat gives you respect in many circles, not just females.

4. Making love after a delicious meal is great.

Yeah, seriously, learn to cook. I'll be taking my own advice this summer, that's for sure.

Troublesome Lagomorph

The Deadliest Bunny
May 26, 2009
Uriel-238 said:
Troublesome Lagomorph said:
Boy, you date the wrong guys. Over here, even when we aren't the ones preparing the food, we give free tech-support and dialectical counsel, and that's including the usual male services.[footnote]exempli gratia, opening jars and reaching high things.[/footnote]

Though I am a slob, granted. I keep it in my room, though.

238U
Where I live, if you aren't a chauvinist, you're not a man.
And I don't date men.

I don't swing that way
*heterosexual male, here*