Do nice guys really finish last?

Sexy Devil

Jul 12, 2010
There's a difference between being nice and being a complete and utter tool. Nice guys don't finish last, the tools do. Also, this is relevant:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfeys7Jfnx8

Genericjim101

Jan 7, 2011
EverythingIncredible said:
Daddy Go Bot said:
Women do not want domesticated dogs, they want men who can take control and not *be* controlled.

They might think they want a man that they can control, but it only leaves them unhappy and more likely to cheat on you.
So they want to be domestic abuse victims...good going. :\
Or maybe they want a master to their pet? Giggity

rokkolpo

Aug 29, 2009
Hallow said:
I'm a 21 year old virgin who's never had any form of romantic relationship with either sex. You have no right to complain.
Ofcourse he has a right.

OT: They kind of do, girls are attracted to assholes because they get out there.
Where as nice guys generally don't.

Women are attracted to power, not to emotions.
(They like emotions, get horny for power)

At least that's what I've learned.
I currently have a girlfriend who is on my level, but I'm still afraid to lose her to some asshole.

Daddy Go Bot

Aug 14, 2008
Daddy Go Bot said:
Women do not want domesticated dogs, they want men who can take control and not *be* controlled.

They might think they want a man that they can control, but it only leaves them unhappy and more likely to cheat on you.
I like how you think men leading their relationships is a synonym for being violent. Shows just how much know you about relationships.

Floppertje

Nov 9, 2009
novixz said:
So basically when I say nice guys, I mean people who talk to their GF 24/7 complementing her, treating her like a celebrity, not really knowing who their dating, they just know their dating somebody, and that's good enough for them.
In that case, yeah... nice guys finish last.
Nice guys, as in... guys who are nice but also have enough self respect to not date someone for a year just to be dating, don't finish last. yeah, during the teenage years they're at a disadvantage, but once everyone grows the fuck up the ladies will realize nice guys are better than assholes.

Genericjim101

Jan 7, 2011
Sadly immaturity does lead to either gender not really knowing what they wan tan prioritising some really strange qualities others. So expect broken hearts all around as people figure out what they want.

This is usually excitement,sex, a car or anything social status boosting until the whole need to be popular shtick wears off around the time of leaving highschool.

I at 21 find being able to cook and not into drugs, drink or partying makes me more attractive to the older crowd less so than the 16-20 that really just want a good time in what ever way they define it with little to no thought of consequences. That's a phase that disappears with age.

Daddy Go Bot

Aug 14, 2008
Daddy Go Bot said:
Daddy Go Bot said:

I like how you think men leading their relationships is a synonym for being violent. Shows just how much know you about relationships.
They want mutual cooperation, not "leadership."
Mutual cooperation? Since when? Women saying what they want is VERY different from what they actually want. It's a cute concept, and since feminism has reared its ugly head I can see why women would say it's something they want - it just doesn't have any basis in reality.

Men are the natural leaders in relationships, and women want to be lead. What I'm saying is very basic at its core, but it's what works best and it applies to our gender dynamics perfectly.

This very advice has actually saved relationships.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejSq-_NzAps

Winthrop

Apr 7, 2010
Has it occurred to anyone that "Nice girls finish last" might apply also? If the women he is dating cheat on him and leave him when any other guy comes along, they probably aren't the nicest people in the world or the best dates. What I mean by that is that of course women will go for mean men who look nice if men go for mean women who look nice. It works both ways. If you want a good relationship as a nice guy date a nice girl.

In addition, treating a girl nicely and being unreasonably clingy are different. I dated a girl once and I had my phone off for an hour, had 50 some messages from her when I turned it back on, and the "talking to her 24/7" comment brought this to mind. Granted she was pretty upset about some things but its still very excessive. That is not being nice that is just not giving her (or in this case me) any space. Please don't take offense to this as I don't actually know you or the specifics of your/your friends situations, but I see people I know make these mistakes a lot.

TLDR: Make sure you would go for a nice girl before complaining no girls go for a nice guy.

HardkorSB

Mar 18, 2010
Socially awkward, insecure guys finish last.
If you'll give a girl too much attention and will constantly try to prove to her that you're "worthy" of her, she will see that and most likely will be put off by that.
Why idolize a girl? Most of them don't like that. They like to be treated with respect but they want to be able to respect you as well. Turning yourself into a servant makes that impossible. Confidence in who you are gets you respect. Even if she won't like the same things as you do, if you're confident enough about who you are and what you believe in, she will see that and respect that. Being overly confident isn't that good as well but it's still better than being a ***** because at least you can get a girl for a brief moment.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Ah, this again.

There's quite a different between a guy who happens to be nice, and a Nice Guy.

There's a certain kind of guy that is convinced that the universe owes him an adoring woman or three because he's a Nice Guy, who will tell you at great length about how much he worships women, except any he's actually met, who are all bitches and whores because they aren't convinced by his awesome Nice Guy-ness. For some reason, these people tend to be single. Funny that.

You also get guys who are nice, because they think it's the right way to be, which isn't the same thing at all.

Being nice (or, more likely, loudly claiming to be nice) in order to impress girls...that just doesn't work, it's not what being nice is about at all.

FFKonoko

Nov 26, 2009
Yes.
In fact, some might suggest nice guys finish after the lady has finished a couple times.

In all seriousness, Winthrop nailed the important part than many "nice guys" fail at. And in some cases, they fail at the part where they're actually nice guys. Being an entitled spoiled brat is pretty stereotypically NOT nice.

Jan 27, 2011
Nice guys DON'T finish last in love.

When you're younger, girls tend to flock to the pricks for some reason. But as you get older, the girls tend to want partners that are more stable and stuff.

*is 23, in an almost 9 month relationship with the sweetest girl ever. Is also pretty damn nice himself*

Daddy Go Bot

Aug 14, 2008
Daddy Go Bot said:
Mutual cooperation? Since when? Women saying what they want is VERY different from what they actually want. It's a cute concept, and since feminism has reared it's ugly head I can see why women would say it's something they want - it just doesn't have any basis in reality.

Men are the natural leaders in relationship, and women want to be lead. What I'm saying is very basic at its core, but it's what works best and it applies to our gender dynamics perfectly.

This very advice has actually saved relationships.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejSq-_NzAps
And it scares me to this day that this is what guys think.

*sigh*

People sometimes wonder why I am not interested in relationships. Because guys are controlling dickheads.
Ah yes, the childish self-entitled attitude of the "modern" woman.

aegix drakan said:
Nice guys DON'T finish last in love.

When you're younger, girls tend to flock to the pricks for some reason. But as you get older, the girls tend to want partners that are more stable and stuff.

*is 23, in an almost 9 month relationship with the sweetest girl ever. Is also pretty damn nice himself*
Haha - ever heard of the phrase "Alpha fucks, beta bucks"? Because that's what you're describing. Women don't want passive nice guys because they're somehow "better", it's just that they're easier to rip off than an alpha.

Winthrop

Apr 7, 2010
And it scares me to this day that this is what guys think.

*sigh*

People sometimes wonder why I am not interested in relationships. Because guys are controlling dickheads.
Don't think we are all like that. Some guys are, and a lot who aren't pretend to be so that they can look masculine, but we aren't all like that. Some of us really want a mutual, loving, emotional relationship.