Do you believe in love?

Mauso88

A Simply Dignified Manly Man.
Feb 3, 2011
Love is something you feel towards someone/something that enriches your life. So yes, I believe in love.

Chiiru

Oct 15, 2010
Mauso88 said:
Love is something you feel towards someone/something that enriches your life. So yes, I believe in love.
Sometimes it ruins your life. Either way... lol.

nobodysoldier25

Sep 24, 2008
Yes, I do believe in love.

I believe that two people can feel so strongly for one another that they want to spend their lives together.

I believe in it because, simply put, believing in a world where something like this exists makes continuing to live slightly less difficult.

Slayer_2

Jul 28, 2008
I don't really believe in the idea of love. Especially the whole "the one" BS. With almost 7 billion people in the world, even if you meet, say 100,000 people in a lifetime, your chance of meeting your "one" is only slightly higher than your chance to win the lottery. And lets be honest, I think 100,000 is a pretty damn high estimate.

conflictofinterests

Apr 6, 2010
Real? Yes. Tangible? No. Why are you trying to touch feelings anyways? :p

In any case, love isn't easy. Love isn't pretty. You'll still get in fights. It'll fade if it's not cared for. It'll fall apart if there's any problem that occurs that you won't talk about, or if you believe some actions are irredeemable.

In the end, love is about all the hard days you come home and find comfort in your lover's arms. It's about working out your problems before you go to sleep, even if it takes all night. It's about listening, and knowing when a flower, or a nice romp is called for (generally the latter is when you want one :p). It's about being able to talk about things. Anything. Everything. Especially the things you don't normally talk about with other people. Even the things you don't normally think about, and trust me, that's the hardest part. It's about opening yourself up to be hurt like you've never done for anyone else, and having someone else open up like that to you. It's about knowing when your lover is honestly and truly sorry, or when they've given up on you.

In a way, I think it was easier to create lasting marriages when arranged marriages were the norm, because nobody thought "Hey, I'm really attracted to this person, I really like hanging around them, it's always going to be this way." They thought "Hey, if I don't marry this person, our families will suffer, and if I don't stick it out, our children will suffer, so I'd better try really hard to make this as pleasant as possible for the two of us, and maybe we'll grow to really care for each other in the end."

Love is high-stakes, long-term emotional gambling, but you can stack the deck in your favor.

Fiendishfiend

Nov 8, 2009
I believe in love in this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triangular_theory_of_love

I wish was not too tired to discuss this, but alas that is not the case so I will settle with throwing in more info for discussion. Apologies if this has been already brought up.

mental_looney

Apr 29, 2008
Yeah but love comes in many forms, I think it's probalby more common to believe it won't happen to you rather than the idea/feeling itself.

kypsilon

May 16, 2010
I have to believe in love. It's the only thing that will save humanity when the aliens come to judge us for being human.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Do I believe in an emotion? Yes I do.

Technicality is as far as my expertise goes.

Subwayeatn

Jan 28, 2011
Love is one of the hardest games out there. Extremely satisfying with no proper tutorial and no quick saves. Once you play it once you'll come back for more.

One of my favorite coop games. And you don't have to update your hardware every few years.

Cain_Zeros

Nov 13, 2009
I absolutely believe in love. I'm also strongly aware of it's power to absolutely destroy a person, or heal them.

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
I'm a total romantic rofl so yeah I do.

My friend said that if I have a baby it will be the most loved thing on the planet.
But then I'm always pretty intense about any emotion.

My brain chemicals must be a bit messed up. :p

Recently my Grandma has been in hospital, she is 90 and I fear she won't make it. I love her and she is really important to me whereas I couldn't care less when my grandad died (he was a bit of a git to be fair) So it can't just be familial attachment. There must be an actual feeling of love there.

thirion1850

Aug 13, 2008
I tasted love before. Never again will that vile, accursed venom surge through what's left of my tattered heart.

squeekenator

Dec 23, 2008
It's a bit odd that we've managed to reach seven pages without asking the single most important question for any thread like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_U6mWu1XQA

But yes, it does exist. Not the silly fairy tale kind with nonsense like soulmates, love at first sight, of course, but in the realistic version that requires blood, sweat and tears. That being sad, some of the pro-love crowd in this thread are being painfully condescending. Someone not agreeing with you does not mean they're an angsty thirteen year old who was just turned down by some cute girl, and telling people that they don't know what happiness is unless they've been in love is one of the most ignorant and insulting things I've seen (which is saying something, considering how much time I spend on the internet).