Do you like your name?

Thedutchjelle

Mar 31, 2009
I'm happy with it, overall.

English folk seem to have incredible difficulty not pronouncing it as jelly. That can piss me of at times.

Lunatic High

Apr 14, 2012
David. A plain white name for a plain white guy, I love my name, you can always trust a guy named Dave.

Which is funny when you consider that most of my friends would describe my character as being something of an asshole. What kind of world do we live in where a guy makes scary faces at his ex-girlfriends 2 year old daughter JUST ONE TIME and is considered an asshole forever more? I might be an asshole but that doesn't stop others from coming to me when they need help getting their shit sorted out. Sure I might be an asshole, and thats fine. You can trust an asshole to be there for you in times of need. Assholes, we get your shit sorted out.

Daverson

Nov 17, 2009
SckizoBoy said:
Daverson said:
I like my first name. Hell
That's honestly how I read your post at first glance... your name is 'Hell'?!

*sigh* Still, unfortunately for us chaps, 'Hel' is a girl's name...
My last name has "hell" in it, so I might actually be that cool!

May 29, 2011
Yeah I like it. It's uncommon but not too uncommon, it's short and my enetials are O.K. And if you turn it into english it's Oscar Shield, which I think sounds pretty good.

And my official first name means "spear of god" which is nice.

TheFinish

Grand Admiral
May 17, 2010
Isaiah. It was either that or Ezekiel. I like them both, but Ezekiel has the better nickname.

snagli

Jan 21, 2011
Tijl is impossible to pronounce correctly in English, so I usually don't tell anyone who isn't Dutch my name. Even then, it's a weird name, rare, even in Dutch peopek get confused, and there are way too many Dutch words that rhyme with Tijl.

So yeah, I like my name, I don't really have any experience in having another name, so I don't really have choice, do I?

Also, it means Joyful Thug, which is fun.

The Elf Herself

Jun 26, 2012
I don't actually like my first name very much, but considering some of the other names my parents almost chose, it's good enough. I'm nicknamed Katie, though, which I DO like, but everyone who ever finds out my "real name" gets all upset and goes "BUT KATIE IS NOT A NICKNAME FOR CATRINA!" and "WHY DO YOU SPELL KATIE WITH A 'K' BUT CATRINA WITH A 'C"?!" and "ARGLBLARGL I DO NOT UNDERSTAND." (Some of my own family members cannot remember that it isn't "Katrina." For reals.)

People try to call me "Trina" or "Tri" (pronounced "tree"), which I hate. My aunt tried to call me "Trina" when I was really little, and every time she did, I looked around for the other kid she was talking to, because "Trina" is not me. In high school I tried both "Catie" and "Caity" as spellings because I was tired of the complaining I get and they just... didn't feel right. It was a weird feeling, like wearing someone else's underwear or hair. I'm "Katie." "Kate" to immediate family when they're bellowing for me across the house, but mostly "Katie."

My last name and I have had a tumultuous relationship. See, it's pronounced like a common beverage, but spelled a little differently. I hated it growing up because of all the awful jokes I'd get from unimaginative people and the fact that no one, to this day, spells it properly. (Though there are a couple jokes about it that have genuinely made me laugh.) Now, though, I love it. It's part of nearly every handle I use online, except this one, and it's in my e-mail address. Combined with my first name and/or nickname, it's alliterative, and it just sounds good together. So it all worked out, I guess.

Olaf the Oaf

Jun 4, 2012
John, yes it either is or used to be a common name.
but on the plus side, and sorry to become all snobbish here.
But my great granddad, grand dad, and dad are all John's.
So John the fourth is fine by me.

Kroxile

Oct 14, 2010
When I was a kid and dorky lookin' I used to hate my name, but now that I'm in my mid 20s and sexy as hell, I rather like it.

Kenny - meaning handsome. Fits pretty well.

Radoh

Bans for the Ban God~
Jun 10, 2010
Could be better, could be worse.
If only my full four names didn't hearken the end of days, that would be really nice.
Being able to hear someone say my full name back to me without it killing all of creation is all I want. Is that too much to ask?

Chanel Tompkins

Nov 8, 2011
Eh...well...I get really annoyed because it seems no one on the planet is capable of spelling it correctly unless I say "it's spelled like the fashion brand" or "it's spelled like the perfume", but changing it would take too much time and paperwork.

Rawne1980

Jul 29, 2011
hulksmashley said:
Indeed I do. People have tried to call me Ash before too, but it always makes me feel like a pokemon trainer.
Nay lad .... Nay.

Ash is a MANS nickname for it is the name of this man....

A shotgun and a chainsaw for a hand..... It doesn't get any better.

On Topic....

My name is Adam .... it's common but I like it.

-Dragmire-

King over my mind
Mar 29, 2011
Corey

I really don't care for it. For some reason I've never really felt like my name fits with me, not sure why though.

JCBFGD

Jul 10, 2011
Jonathan's a nice name. I like it well enough. But two problems: there are lots of Jon/Johns. I have a friend who knows over twenty. Another problem is I shorten my name to Jon, and I occasionally get bitched at for not having an "h" in my nickname.

ms_sunlight

Jun 6, 2011
My given name is Elena. I inherited it off my great-grandmother and like it well enough, but it's unusual in the UK and people who see it written down often pronounce it wrong.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Its a good name I suppose, but everyone thinks I'm black before they see what I look like. Its a wee bit odd.