Jan 23, 2009
Country
United States
Mr.Tea said:
burningdragoon said:
snip for being WRONG
Eclpsedragon said:
Ashley

I have one of the most common names on the face of the earth, just short of John and Dave.

I don't like my name, but sometimes people call me "Ash" which is slightly less common and reminds me of that Red wannabe from the Pokemon anime.
hulksmashley said:
Eclpsedragon said:
hulksmashley said:
I despise it. My mother chose it by looking at the list of the most popular baby names and picking the one at the top.
You understand my pain fellow person named Ashley...
Indeed I do. People have tried to call me Ash before too, but it always makes me feel like a pokemon trainer.
Guys, Ash is not a pokemon trainer, nor a Final Fantasy character...

If we're going to include all of the Ashleys and Ashs, mine as well throw in this guy...

who becomes this...

And, this guy...

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/comics/critical-miss/7764-13

MaxiP62

Jul 10, 2011
Maximino, But everybody calls me Maxi.

Doesn't bother me, in fact I like Maxi quite a lot. And Maximino means 'The Greatest' so that's pretty cool as well.

The Great Purtabo

Aug 16, 2010
Stephen, fits me I think, IMO much better than the pedestrian "Steven". It always irks me when people pronounce it in the french way; "Stefen" Ugh, I resist the urge to stomp their stupid faces whenever they make that mistake...

HandsomeZer0

Dec 6, 2010
Gerard isn't so bad, combined with my middle and last names it sounds quite royal.
Just doesn't fit in australia though :l

templar1138a

Dec 1, 2010
My first, middle, and last names are either Danish or English. When you translate all three, you get a meaning along the lines of "Excellent ruler born of Thor's arrow/spear."

Given that, I really don't have anything against my name.

staika

I am Tizzy's Willing Slave
Aug 3, 2009
Jeffrey

No one calls me Jeffrey, I prefer to go by Jeff and if someone calls me Jeffrey I get a little annoyed since I dont like the full version. People also call me jeffy which annoys me too since they do it just to annoy me. But I like it it could be worse could be better but I am so used to it I couldn't really think of having a different name.

As for my last name which is Kennerknecht. No one can spell it or pronounce it right since the second k is silent and its 12 letters long. I have had my last name spelled wrong so many times it doesn't even bother me anymore. Though It's better than my moms side last name which is longer and harder to spell so Kennerknecht is the lesser of two evils.

Glorious manwhore

Jun 29, 2012
Eclpsedragon said:
Ashley

I have one of the most common names on the face of the earth, just short of John and Dave.

I don't like my name, but sometimes people call me "Ash" which is slightly less common and reminds me of that Red wannabe from the Pokemon anime.
Ashley? No.. It's not one of the most common names in the world. Even if it's common in America.
If you were named Mohammad. Then you could grin!

But I like my name, it's Josef. It's very. Well, Joeyish.

CleverCover

Nov 17, 2010
I love it. I've never met anyone that had my name and anytime someone look my name up online, some old Southern white lady has it. It's unique. Sure the fact that very few people can spell it or even say it properly, but it could be worse.

It also has a nice meaning, especially when paired with my middle name. And it's the combination of names from my paternal grandmother and my mom.

Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

DaKiller

Jan 15, 2011
I rather love my name

My first name is Jeff and and my middle name is J, and I won't reveal my last name but I will say that there is alliteration involved. It just rolls off the tongue so easily.

ThatLankyBastard

Aug 18, 2010
Name's Codie... I've yet to meet another person with this particular spelling Of the name "Codie" (the ie throws people off)..

Do I like it? Yes... It's a fairly common name but the unique spelling gives it an appealing twist... Plus, I once read in a Baby-Names-Book that it means "Pillows"!!!

... I rather like that description...

Vilty

Apr 15, 2009
Aaron, Aaron Lick nice to meet you
I'm not really a fan of my forename, people assume its spelled Erin which is a common name for women in my area. even though they even have different annunciations people get them mixed up, if you couldn't tell i feel my first name is too feminine. The meaning of Aaron is "mountain of strength" though so that's pretty cool
As for my surname well... its Lick. people joke about my name all the time, when you're on the telephone signing up for something or what have you the person on the other line thinks its a prank call because of it and also Facebook thinks its inappropriate and doesn't actually allow me to use it making people finding me quite the challenge.

RedLister

Jun 14, 2011
Alexander. But everyone calls me Alex. Never really thought too much wherever i like the name or not.

offnote: do wonder what lols could occur if my name was BigMclargeHuge....damn it this is what happens when i start thinking about stuff.

ThePenguinKnight

Mar 30, 2012
ChippedShoulder said:
Zach, yeah it's pretty good and it's an unusual spelling here in the UK so i get to feel more special :p
I'm another Zach.

One thing that's annoying is that a lot of common words rhyme with Zach giving me the false impression that someone said my name. I'd prefer my name be Isaac, which really wouldn't solve the problem but it's a great name.

Capcha: I like people

No I don't.

Ghonzor

Jul 29, 2009
BlackStar42 said:
Alexander.

I quite like it. Sounds impressive, and means "Protector of Men" in Ancient Greek. It's a bit weighty though, so I usually go by Alex.
Same name, different feel for it.
Sure our name means awesome things and Alexander the Great was a badass, but when someone calls for "Alex" anywhere, my instinct is to respond even though there are 7 billion people named Alex(ander) in the world. [Hyperbole is hyperbolic]

PAGEToap44

Jul 16, 2008
I'm a Michael, which is a respectable and not an overly common name in the UK. I like it.

It means, "He who is like God," which I would say is a fair assumption... It compliments my surname quite nicely too.

F'Angus

Nov 18, 2009
Thomas

Yeah I like this, still go by Tom with all my friend. But I prefer Thomas myself.

Cheesepower5

Dec 21, 2009
Love it, proud of my history and proud of my first name's meaning (Robert = "Bright, Fame" from old German "Hrodebeort") My last name, while decently cool sounding, had a lackluster meaning. (Graham, supposedly meaning "gravelly homestead," it's not for sure though so I like to think it means "Ass kicker") I also prefer the sound of it pronounced in Gaelic, "Greumach".

tiakeravelonna

May 8, 2012
I went through my entire school career (kindergarten through college) meeting only two other people with my name. Now I see it all the time. Heck, I even work with another girl with my name.