DoA Dev Says Jiggle Physics Are Part of Japanese Culture

Tony2077

Dec 19, 2007
hmm this is either people are offended by the most pointless things or I'm missing something guess i'm not missing anything stop being offended but stuff that doesn't warrant it or how ever that is spelled meh i'm going back to bed

Sean Deli

May 11, 2011
YodaUnleashed said:
There's nothing wrong with being attractive or indeed portraying your female character as attractive, but when that's her only defining feature you haven't created a very compelling or sophisticated character, she's merely eye candy.
You see, this is a problem I have with these arguements: it applied, applies and will always apply to both genders.
When you have completely uninteresting in all regards male protagonist - people go "meh, this game sucks - the characters are dull".
When you have smoking hot - but completely uninteresting in all other regards - female character (God forbid - a protagonist) - you hear "sexist!"

No, you are wrong! The correct answer should be - AGAIN - "meh, this game sucks - the characters are dull"

You have armies of video-game unsavvy feminists fighting with basement dwelling neckbeards over why making a brain-dead / smoking hot female character is sexist. Or alternatively over why not having a multi-layered ethnic character is racist. Words like "white male privilege" are thrown over.

And than, in the dark and damp corner. Completely alone. You have brave guys like Extra Credits crew, who say "Maybe video-game industry should concentrate on making better characters. Like characters of ANY race or gender. Because actually, the ones we have right now very often suck. Please? Pretty please?"

Video games companies actually listen to the noise that the gamosphere produces. And results of the outcry like this one would not be better characters - they would be asexual female characters. But just as braindead as they are now.

Trishbot

May 10, 2011

Dear Team Ninja, take a look at this woman. Her name is Chun-li. She was, in fact, the first female fighter in video games. She's often considered the most popular female fighter of all time, and she routinely ranks in the top 10 most beautiful video game women of all time lists. She has been a staple of her series for nearly two decades and she is largely considered an icon of the fighting game genre, regardless of her gender.

And she has never been forced by Capcom to do underage stripper-pole dances, squeeze her butt into skimpy thongs and barely-there, nipple-covering string bikinis, suggestively lick ice cream alongside other women, jiggle her D-cups like shaking them around will cure cancer, have dreams where she's running around naked or getting groped by old men, or strut around a tropic paradise while rubbing lotion on her body while the player can creepily snap voyeuristic photos of her pulling wedgies out of her crack.

And yet, despite a lack of all the things you make your Dead or Alive girls do, she remains far more popular than all of them combined, and will likely continue to be more popular than your entire roster of forgettable, interchangeable fighters.

That's because, despite your lame attempts to defend your staunchly pig-headed, regressive, outdated views of "ideal" women, your fellow Japanese developers have NOT simply catered to the lowest denominator and the most lowly demographic. In fact, Capcom's last few new female fighters were business-suit-wearing single mom Crimson Viper and awesomely evil, Korean fighter Juri, neither of which would likely be caught dead rubbing their junk on a stripper pole in a beach volleyball game.

I am a woman, Team Ninja, and believe it or not, I play fighting games, and I'm GOOD at them, but your insistence that it is merely tradition and Japanese sensibilities to degrade your women into mindless sex objects with as much going on in their heads as a jar of pickles is insulting, shameful, and utterly disgusting to me.

Maybe if you spent even half as much time making a good fighting game instead of putting half your budget and resources towards boob physics that make me seasick watching them flop about like dying fish, you might make me pay attention to your game. As it stands, you poorly represent yourselves, and your entire culture, by claiming that all of Japan shares your views of vapid, balloon-chested sex toys.

And I'm sure there is a market for your brand of sleaze, but I'm not part of that group of desperate, virginal, teenage male chauvinists that sniff their mother's panties to get off, so I'll probably be skipping this.

I may also be insanely bitter at how you and Sakamoto utterly destroyed Samus Aran in Metroid: Other M.

Get laid soon, Team Ninja. Maybe then you'll know what a real woman and real breast looks like.

targren

May 13, 2009
Trishbot said:
Dear Team Ninja, take a look at this woman. Her name is Chun-li. She was, in fact, the first female fighter in video games.
Dear Trishbot,

*****, Please.[footnote]The One-upmanship meme, not calling the user a *****, lest anyone go crying to the mods. It's sad that I need this footnote...[/footnote] [http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/yiearkungfu/yiearkungfu.htm]

targren

May 13, 2009
Mygaffer said:
Hear, hear Team Ninja! I'm not a big fighting game guy nor do I play DOA but sexiness for sexiness' sake is OK people. Not all sexy characters are sexist.
Well put. Personally I prefer looking at the non-orbital variety of bazoom, myself, but everything is someone's fetish, so they should just keep doing what they're doing and let the crybabies go hang.

4RT1LL3RY

Oct 31, 2008
Trishbot said:

Dear Team Ninja, take a look at this woman. Her name is Chun-li. She was, in fact, the first female fighter in video games. She's often considered the most popular female fighter of all time, and she routinely ranks in the top 10 most beautiful video game women of all time lists. She has been a staple of her series for nearly two decades and she is largely considered an icon of the fighting game genre, regardless of her gender.

And she has never been forced by Capcom to do underage stripper-pole dances, squeeze her butt into skimpy thongs and barely-there, nipple-covering string bikinis, suggestively lick ice cream alongside other women, jiggle her D-cups like shaking them around will cure cancer, have dreams where she's running around naked or getting groped by old men, or strut around a tropic paradise while rubbing lotion on her body while the player can creepily snap voyeuristic photos of her pulling wedgies out of her crack.

And yet, despite a lack of all the things you make your Dead or Alive girls do, she remains far more popular than all of them combined, and will likely continue to be more popular than your entire roster of forgettable, interchangeable fighters.

That's because, despite your lame attempts to defend your staunchly pig-headed, regressive, outdated views of "ideal" women, your fellow Japanese developers have NOT simply catered to the lowest denominator and the most lowly demographic. In fact, Capcom's last few new female fighters were business-suit-wearing single mom Crimson Viper and awesomely evil, Korean fighter Juri, neither of which would likely be caught dead rubbing their junk on a stripper pole in a beach volleyball game.

I am a woman, Team Ninja, and believe it or not, I play fighting games, and I'm GOOD at them, but your insistence that it is merely tradition and Japanese sensibilities to degrade your women into mindless sex objects with as much going on in their heads as a jar of pickles is insulting, shameful, and utterly disgusting to me.

Maybe if you spent even half as much time making a good fighting game instead of putting half your budget and resources towards boob physics that make me seasick watching them flop about like dying fish, you might make me pay attention to your game. As it stands, you poorly represent yourselves, and your entire culture, by claiming that all of Japan shares your views of vapid, balloon-chested sex toys.

And I'm sure there is a market for your brand of sleaze, but I'm not part of that group of desperate, virginal, teenage male chauvinists that sniff their mother's panties to get off, so I'll probably be skipping this.

I may also be insanely bitter at how you and Sakamoto utterly destroyed Samus Aran in Metroid: Other M.

Get laid soon, Team Ninja. Maybe then you'll know what a real woman and real breast looks like.
Oh Chun-Li I was waiting for someone to bring her up. So much badass. Also she would crush someones head were her legs. She is the original kick chick [http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/KickChick]. Street fighter isn't really that far ahead in terms of female designs. Sakura wears a overly small school girl outfit, Cammy is in a leotard.

Video games/Anime have two sizes for chest massive and none. There is very rarely someone with a normal sized chest. I miss "non-moe" artdesign.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
...you know this isn't helping the Japanese steryotypical view AT ALL! In fact, this guy just said that it's spot on.

targren

May 13, 2009
erttheking said:
...you know this isn't helping the Japanese steryotypical view AT ALL! In fact, this guy just said that it's spot on.
Not only did he say it's spot on, he said "It's spot on, and we don't give a flying fuck at a rolling donut what you self-righteous outsiders think." THAT'S what's got so many panties bunched up.

Trishbot

May 10, 2011
targren said:
Trishbot said:
Dear Team Ninja, take a look at this woman. Her name is Chun-li. She was, in fact, the first female fighter in video games.
Dear Trishbot,

*****, Please.[footnote]The One-upmanship meme, not calling the user a *****, lest anyone go crying to the mods. It's sad that I need this footnote...[/footnote] [http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/yiearkungfu/yiearkungfu.htm]
Do I really have to say "in a modern competitive versus fighting game"? There were female ninjas and fighters long before Chun-li in games, but she was the first in the now-traditional 2-player fighting game genre.

Mygaffer said:
Actually in Street Fighter 2 turbo she would do that spinning kick where you could see her panties, so Capcom has used her and other female fighters to deliver some fan service. Its funny to see you act so high and mighty about the lack of boob physics in a 2d game though.

I was complaining about boob physics long before 3D games or Dead or Alive...

Also, the spinning bird kick thing... those are by far the ugliest pair of blue granny panties ever. Though I honestly don't know what you'd expect with her spinning upside-down; her dress trail to magically defy gravity and cover her crotch area? I never found that erotic at all, though I imagine plenty of young pre-adolescent boys did. He-Man shows more skin in that area than Chun-li did.

targren

May 13, 2009
Trishbot said:
Do I really have to say "in a modern competitive versus fighting game"? There were female ninjas and fighters long before Chun-li in games, but she was the first in the now-traditional 2-player fighting game genre.
No she wasn't. Yie ar Kung Fu was a 2D fighting game. You said "first female fighter in video games" not "the oldest female fighter in video games commonly recognized by players who weren't born yet when the genre was invented."

You were factually incorrect on that, and you were factually incorrect about her never having been 'fanserviced' (whether you move the goalposts by handwaving away her 'granny panties' or not.)

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
Why do people even care? They're just boobs. Everybody loves boobs. Men like to see them. Women like to show them. Being offended by this is admitting that you're a hypocrite.

SpectacularWebHead

Jun 11, 2012
Japan, Where the breast is the best and Showing women as airheaded sex toys is A-Okay!

I also like that he's implying the rest of the world is fucked up for NOT portraying all women as sentient blow up dolls.

Trishbot

May 10, 2011
Tenmar said:
But honestly good for Team Ninja, they know they already make a great fighting game and don't need to listen to people who think that they know better than the actual developers themselves especially at the end of the day you have to create what you want. Anyone who tries to dictate that they shouldn't create what they want is simply being an asshole and destroy other people's work because they make themselves offended.
Well, as a fighting game enthusiast, I'd say their fighting engine is "decent". It's not exactly "great".

But feedback is the lifeblood of the industry. Refusing to listen to the outside world is not sticking to your guns; it's being ignorant. If people did what you said, to do what you want to do, regardless of who you might offend, we'd still have the KKK running around claiming that their hate speeches fall under "free speech". We'd still have men laughing at the face of women trying to have a voice in politics. We'd still have tons of problems, and we still DO have tons of problems, because idiots keeps saying everyone should have the right to share their pig-headed, backwards-thinking, leeringly offensive, and narrow-minded views with the rest of society. I don't subscribe to this. I never will. By all means, freedom of expression is great, but you need social responsibility in there too. To ignore that part, and just roll off any criticisms as "your fault for being offended" is to ignore the heart of the matter and to focus on the surface details.

Or do you really think I like being in an environment where every male gamer likes calling me "*****", "whore", and "c***" during online matches, and then demands I show them my boobies? It boils my blood like you would never believe to be reduced to a piece of meat, to be taken advantage of, to be degraded into something less than human, less than equal, and Team Ninja, whether you admit it or not, is guilty of this to large degrees.

Also I love how the only consistent person when it comes to the whole sexism issue here has been Phasmal. She actually says that it is okay while everyone else is still on about how every game can't be a fantasy and simply be enjoyed for what it is.
I'm okay with "fantasy", but these guys are saying it's not just fantasy; it's CULTURAL SENSIBILITIES. That that's just the way things are in Japan. That that's the okay view of women. It's a PROBLEM, and if you think it's a healthy, normal view for men to have, to see women like that, you're very wrong.

Kinda odd out of all the art styles of chun-li Trish goes for the art style that was made by SNK and not to actual original artists, sprites or any other sort of official artwork.
Okay, fine. Let's look at more Chun-li pics, shall we?

There, better? Let me know if you see something anywhere close to this:

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
targren said:
erttheking said:
Not only did he say it's spot on, he said "It's spot on, and we don't give a flying fuck at a rolling donut what you self-righteous outsiders think." THAT'S what's got so many panties bunched up.
Preaching to the choir man, what is even the hell!

Mid Boss

Aug 20, 2012
I wouldn't care about jiggle physics... if only they would do it for both genders.

Make it equal!

If women have to have huge boobs jiggling in a gravity defying unrealistic way... then the bulge in the front of men's pants should be over sized and jiggling in gravity defying unrealistic ways!

.... Yes I did just put that imagine into all your minds. Why? Because I am an evil bastard.