Doctor Who: Episode 9: Cold Blood [SPOILERS]

Chrono212

Fluttershy has a mean K:DR
May 19, 2009
Cpt Corallis said:
LavaLampBamboo said:
TimeLord said:
"People assume that the Escapist is a strict progression of cause to effect,
But actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint it is actually a big ball of wibbly wobbly, timey wimey... stuff"

That is so my new motto for my profile!
Glad I could be of assistance. Wait.

Wait.

Does...

Am I your assistant now?

Wait, then who is the tin dog?
Shotgun!

And if you don't know what that is, it's like 'dibbs'

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
LavaLampBamboo said:
TimeLord said:
But actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint it is actually a big ball of wibbly wobbly, timey wimey... stuff"

Wait.

Does...

Am I your assistant now?
That entirely depends on you desire to understand the complex mechanics of the space-time vortex and wish to travel though time to certain peril and danger at every turn.

But remember one thing, and remember it well LavaLampBamboo, because one day your life might depend on it...

I am definitely a mad man with a box!

pigeon_of_doom

Vice-Captain Hammer
Feb 9, 2008
Josh12345 said:
y'know, I am pissed off, I'm not gonna lie. Roary was really likable and towards the end of the episode he was becoming my favourite character and it was nice to see a relationship in the show where the girl wasn't trying to marry the Doctor, but Amy will probably fall into the same routine as Rose and Martha did ifRoary doesn't come back and they keep her on for season 6
Same view here. Although surely he'll have to be brought back at some point to bring some closure. I'd really lose it if they just take the opportunity to eliminate a character like him for an emotional scene while refusing to take responsibility for the emotional repercussions.

I only warmed to Amy when it became clear that the Doctor wasn't her number one priority, and I'll be very disappointed if she becomes one of the fawning assistants that the others have been.

Rory didn't even have to fucking die in the climax! It was (at that point, at least) a rather meaningless death intervening in the kind of standard peril the Doctor ends up in. An emotional climax of the couple hibernating or the Silurians demanding a death in return would have been more effective for this individual episode imo. The upcoming episodes will form my view of Rory's death. It could be redeemed if tied into the main plotline (which I suspect it will be) but I'm currently pissed off by this.

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
Cpt Corallis said:
LavaLampBamboo said:
TimeLord said:

Wait.

Does...

Am I your assistant now?

Wait, then who is the tin dog?
Chrono212 said:
I'm gonna have to go with Chrono212.

LavaLampBamboo

King of Okay
Jun 27, 2008
TimeLord said:
LavaLampBamboo said:
TimeLord said:

Wait.

Does...

Am I your assistant now?
That entirely depends on you desire to understand the complex mechanics of the space-time vortex and wish to travel though time to certain peril and danger at every turn.

But remember one thing, and remember it well LavaLampBamboo, because one day your life might depend on it...

Alright, I've got it. But I can't promise I won't randomly throw myself at you and try to cram my tongue down your Time Lord throat. Cause that's how I go.

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
LavaLampBamboo said:
TimeLord said:
LavaLampBamboo said:
TimeLord said:

Wait.

Does...

Am I your assistant now?

Alright, I've got it. But I can't promise I won't randomly throw myself at you and try to cram my tongue down your Time Lord throat. Cause that's how I go.
*Looks at LavaLampBamboo's profile*

Depends how attractive you are for a man...

Madaxeman101

Jul 8, 2008
I would love if someone could explain to me how rorys wedding ring was still in the tardis at the end of the episode. If he had been erased from time how could he have existed to buy the ring and put it there in the first place?

Chrono212

May 19, 2009
LavaLampBamboo said:
TimeLord said:
LavaLampBamboo said:
TimeLord said:

Wait.

Does...

Am I your assistant now?

Oh, but I can *wink wink, nudge nudge*
Ahh, I'm just kidding

Chrono212

May 19, 2009
Madaxeman101 said:
I would love if someone could explain to me how rorys wedding ring was still in the tardis at the end of the episode. If he had been erased from time how could he have existed to buy the ring and put it there in the first place?
Erm, because it was in the TARDIS? And it's physical, as opposed to a memory

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
Madaxeman101 said:
That is the conversation we have been having before. The loose ends of an erased person are not tied up. I wager the ring will have some significance in bringing him back or reminding Amy of him.

Or both

Chrono212

May 19, 2009
TimeLord said:
Madaxeman101 said:
That is the conversation we have been having before. The loose ends of an erased person are not tied up. I wager the ring will have some significance in bringing him back or reminding Amy of him.

Or both
Seconded...again :/

LavaLampBamboo

King of Okay
Jun 27, 2008
We got ourselves a little Escapist Tardis crew goin' on =)

TimeLord said:
LavaLampBamboo said:
TimeLord said:
LavaLampBamboo said:
TimeLord said:

Wait.

Does...

Am I your assistant now?

It's hard for me to say objectively. Let's go back in time and meet me, and then I can decide if I'm hot or not.

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
Chrono212 said:
TimeLord said:
Madaxeman101 said:

Or both
That's why your the tin dog!
LavaLampBamboo said:

TimeLord said:
LavaLampBamboo said:
TimeLord said:
LavaLampBamboo said:
TimeLord said:

Wait.

Does...

Am I your assistant now?

It's hard for me to say objectively. Let's go back in time and meet me, and then I can decide if I'm hot or not.
We shall indeed do that

LavaLampBamboo

King of Okay
Jun 27, 2008
Chrono212 said:
TimeLord said:
Madaxeman101 said:

Or both

He sort of... clicked it into the Tardis... I didn't understand that... He'll be back I'm sure of it.

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
Chrono212 said:
LavaLampBamboo said:
That's just asking to become user group :p
*Races to User Group community, tripping over a drunken Furburt in the process*

LostTimeLady

Dec 17, 2009
Y'know, I sort of feel bad bringing things back round to the original topic of the thread, however, (oh, and I wanna join the Escapist TARDIS crew, bags me Susan Foreman).

A spooky time unwritten moment happened after this weeks episode I said "they killed Rory" to those in the room who had watched the episode with me only to recive blank looks (only for a moment but it was enough to spook me a little, it's so sad that Rory is forgotten by Amy).

It was a good episode, in a way I wish we'd had more time to draw out some of the plot points, there were bits that felt a little bit abrupt. I thought the fact that it was only Amy on the hill at the end terribly, terribly sad.

But what about what the Doctor found in the crack! AHHHHHHH!!!! NOOOOOO!!! They can't kill of the TARDIS!
I'm noticing a pattern though, things that happened in Amy's Choice are happening in reality, Rory dying, the TARDIS blowing up... *shudders* creeeeeeppppyyy.

The plot thickens. I just hope Rory gets a mention again, if only by the Doctor, don't forget, there was a shot of the engagement ring box on the floor of the TARDIS...

Cpt Corallis

Apr 14, 2009
TimeLord said:
Chrono212 said:
LavaLampBamboo said:
That's just asking to become user group :p
*Races to User Group community, tripping over a drunken Furburt in the process*
In that case, can i take the Brigadier's position, I've already started my way up the ranks! And i'm very good with my Five Rounds Rapid!