Doldrums and Oddities: Share Something Bemusing

lil devils x

🐐More Lego Goats Please!🐐
Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
I'm honestly curious how often this comes up. I know it's the cliche, but I've never been in a dentist office and seen such an outburst. I often fall asleep while in the chair, so I'm hardly freaking out either.

The drugs they use to numb the jaw are REALLY good at their job! So yeah, I'm curious where the actual numbers fall on "crazy violent patient"
Oh I have.. Although I didn't SEE the woman who was screaming and punched the nurse and knocked over the tray, I did see the nurse fall through the curtain along with the utensils and HEARD what was happening on the other side of the curtain and then watch the woman come out saying " I'm sorry, I am sorry, I'm soo sorry.. I just have a bad defense reaction to pain"

You know when they tap on the teeth to verify which one needs to be worked on? Yea, that was apparently all that had happened to cause such a reaction...

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Apr 10, 2020
Plano, TX
Country
United States
They need to make that robot patient more aggressive and violent than that to be able to do that though.
Pretty sure if the patient is SCREAMING, it's probably not the right time to perform any kind of DENTAL procedure; that they practice for that scenario is baffling. Unless these doctors are black market quacks? Performing illegal procedures on people against their will? Selling human teeth to ivory dealers?

lil devils x

🐐More Lego Goats Please!🐐
Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
Pretty sure if the patient is SCREAMING, it's probably not the right time to perform any kind of DENTAL procedure; that they practice for that scenario is baffling. Unless these doctors are black market quacks? Performing illegal procedures on people against their will? Selling human teeth to ivory dealers?
The screaming happened with the only tap on the tooth.. Everything pretty much happened all at once..
The dentist was great, excellent ratings. The woman WANTED them to come back and help her after she just did that. LOL

All the nurse did was tap on the tooth once like she did to mine with no reaction. You never know what people are going to do.

People like this exist all over the place and they go to see the dentist and doctors too..

Dental emergencies can be life threatening so they very well may have to sedate someone like this in order to save their life.

Last edited:

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Apr 5, 2020
Oh I have.. Although I didn't SEE the woman who was screaming and punched the nurse and knocked over the tray, I did see the nurse fall through the curtain along with the utensils and HEARD what was happening on the other side of the curtain and then watch the woman come out saying " I'm sorry, I am sorry, I'm soo sorry.. I just have a bad defense reaction to pain"

You know when they tap on the teeth to verify which one needs to be worked on? Yea, that was apparently all that had happened to cause such a reaction...
Sounds like she’d absolutely hate the water jet thing. I’m developing an aversion to it as my back molars get more sensitive to cold sensations, at least at initially.

Apparently Sensodyne toothpaste helps so will probably try that before my checkup next month.

SupahEwok

Malapropic Homophone
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Country
Texas
Another reminder that we are living in a cyberpunk reality:
Nice precision flying, although I wonder what they're using to maintain the drone's datalink to the control station when they're sending it into an enclosed structure with the possibility of several walls eventually obstructing the signal path. Maybe they make really powerful Wi-Fi routers.