Don't Expect Friendly Dragons in Skyrim, Says Bethesda

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
I was hoping that the reward for beating the main story was a dragon mount. Oh well.
It would be boring if all dragons are big meanies, and as he did allude to it, hopefully that's not the case.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
Logan Westbrook said:
Bethesda stating the obvious
>.> ...

i must inquire, since your in the news room an all, did 'happy dragon snuggling time' ever cross anyways minds? like ever, in reguards to Skyrim.

cause i'm kinda inclined to find this guys email, staple this press release to it with "NO SHIT SHERLOCK" is size 300 font -.-

ipop@you

Oct 3, 2008
But... but I was going to call him Shmooples D:
We would've gone through the land slaughtering our enemies and friends alike.

K4RN4GE911

Apr 27, 2010
Logan, you get +5 awesome points for mentioning How to Train your Dragon. I freaking LOVE that movie.

As for friendly dragons, I was expecting to have maybe a quest where a much older dragon who you communicate with say to you that he/she is sick of what the dragon race has come to. Then, he/she can give you certain aide, or maybe even donate a Dragon Shout.

That's just my two cents anyway.

Torrasque

Aug 6, 2010
You mean those giant snarling beasts that randomly attack you in the demo, are NOT friendly?
SHOCK AND SURPREESE!
I can't wait to encounter my first dragon when I get out of a cave and am walking to my next destination while healing myself...

Akexi

May 15, 2008
Notthatbright said:
I give it a month before PC guys mod in Dragon Companions. Who will go off and kill and bring back food/armor/weapons/septims.
This has appeal, but my modding focus will be summoning massive mammoth flinging mudcrabs to destroy your foes.

LTlewis

Jun 26, 2011
Thank god. I am so happy I won?t have to fight through a crowd of dragon loving hippies just to get to the dragon. Can't wait to come face to face with a fire breathing, armour plated, huge teeth giant claws ... er maybe I?ll just stick to caves. :0

punipunipyo

Jan 20, 2011
"Pet? what do you think we are making? Pokemon? Fable? Fallout 3... oh wait... Damn..."

"This is how to kill a whole bunch of very mean things that have come to kill and hurt people ... " But I thought this is the game where I can steal from all the towns people, and murder them later... and also kick and kill all the "Vampire Whites"(being racist)and Green Skins, and Ash-Elves when ever I see fit!.... and don't forget about joining assassin guild and kill loads of people for money!

Actually... it's "how to kill all the dragons and learn their language, gotta speak'em all Elder Scroll-mon~" don't forget your dragon grammars! remember, kids. "Rain of fire" and "I want to go pee" is only one letter difference in dragon language!~

DRTJR

Aug 7, 2009
I was going to be an argonian, it would have been like a brother from another mother.

Levethian

Nov 22, 2009
'Random encounters' sounds like random monster spawning.

I'd wonder what the wizards motivation is for trying to kill me.

similar.squirrel

Mar 28, 2009
Wuggy said:
Wait, so was someone expecting friendly dragons? I mean, I haven't seen anything even remotely hinting of that.
Think there's a subset of internet-dwellers who are into their dragons to varying degrees. Stumbled onto some weird RP page a few years ago. It was..sad.

captaincabbage

Apr 8, 2010
See, this is how they lull you into a false sense of knowing what's up and down, so you expect it least when you eventually come across a friendly dragon in-game!

Just like in Fallout 3! They were all like "Urgh, trees don't exist. Trees don't talk." Then BAM! Oasis out of fucking nowhere!!

PonceyMcTosserFaic

Jul 30, 2011
Why? I mean...of course dragons are fucking badass but if you were badass enough to tame one then just think of all the cool shit you could do with one. I would name my dragon Toasty and we would have awesome adventures when we kick ass and chew bubble gum.

SidingWithTheEnemy

Sep 29, 2011
Zmazur said:
Notthatbright said:
I give it a month before PC guys mod in Dragon Companions. Who will go off and kill and bring back food/armor/weapons/septims.
This has appeal, but my modding focus will be summoning massive mammoth flinging mudcrabs to destroy your foes.
Please include some "Now I've really seen mudcrabs that are more fearsome than you, dragon!!!" text lines!

(Side Note: YES I do want that mod! So hurry up! :) )

Friendly dragons? Charm spell doesn't work? What I pity. More work for my Orc Mage then

K4RN4GE911

Apr 27, 2010
captaincabbage said:
See, this is how they lull you into a false sense of knowing what's up and down, so you expect it least when you eventually come across a friendly dragon in-game!

Just like in Fallout 3! They were all like "Urgh, trees don't exist. Trees don't talk." Then BAM! Oasis out of fucking nowhere!!
You know, you do have a point. Same for the mutants. I was told that they were heartless bastards, then I run into Fawkes.

Savryc

NAPs, Spooks and Poz. Oh my!
Aug 4, 2011
GOOD! I'm sick of all this Dragonhugger crap. They eat all our livestock and us, burn what they can't eat then fuck off with all our shiny stuff so they can just pile it up and sit on it! I say slay them all and anyone who stands in the way can share their fate. Come 11.11.11 I'm gonna go genocidal on those over-grown newts.