Don't hit a girl?

TravelerSF

Nov 13, 2012
If, in a middle of a verbal argument or fight, one chooses to physically attack another in any degree, they should damn well be prepared to get hit as well. It's not about hurting another or winning the fight, it's about sending the message that NOBODY has the right to violate your right of bodily integrity, whether you're a man or a woman. I'm not telling people to punch each other on the ground, a simple slap or a push is enough to send the message. This is about basic human rights, no one should think that they can attack you while still being physically untouchable themselves. Crossing that between plain words and physical damage is not a small thing.

Blood Brain Barrier

Nov 21, 2011
I have no idea what people are talking about ITT. I wouldn't hit a girl, no way. If she attacked me I would try to stop her, but stopping her doesn't need to involve hitting her. I'm not comfortable hitting guys either, but their physical strength makes it easier.

ninjaRiv

Aug 25, 2010
Would I hit a woman? Fuck yeah, I'd hit dat.

If someone tries to punch you, punch back. The only complicated part is judging how hard to hit, if you even NEED to hit (will a hug and a cup of tea work just as well, for example). But... CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG?!?

tgbennett30

Oct 7, 2010
Have been there.

Ex-wife took a poke at me twice.

Both times, it was after I turned my back and she punched me in the back of the head.

First time I laughed, because she immediately started shaking her hand in pain.

Second time, a few months later, same exact scenario - having an argument, she started getting really heated, and I told her we weren't getting anywhere if she was going to say ugly things like she just had (she had said something terribly nasty about one of my family members, essentially that she was sorry that they hadn't died in a recent accident). Turned around to walk away again, and *thwack* right in the back of the head. She was *REALLY* mad, and even though she could see in my face that smacking me had pissed me off, she blew up: "What the **** are you gonna do, huh? WHAT THE **** ARE YOU GONNA DO? Go ahead, you know you want to! And even if you don't, I'm going to call the cops on you - and who do you think they're gonna believe?" Backstory - I am 6'0 and was ~210 at the time, first degree black belts in shotokan karate and judo, and was training Brazilian jiujitsu with some pro fighter buddies; she is 5'0 and ~90 pounds and couldn't hurt a fly. She was indeed correct - not a cop in this country that wouldn't cuff me if they showed up to the house and this little woman claimed abuse.

I got mad, not doubt, but more from the insult of being hit (esp. from behind) rather than any pain. I had laughed off the first one, but this one crossed the line. I grabbed her, picked her up in the air, walked over the sofa, sat down with her in a mildly tight hug and said "DON'T do that. Whatever else we fight about, you CANNOT do that. EVER." She screamed at me for about a minute or two, awful stuff, and she tried pinching my hands and arms to make me let go (I didn't budge), but after that she calmed down. Then she hit me with something even worse - "I'm so sorry, I wish I didn't do that. Maybe you should slap me or something when I get like that. I deserve it. Come on."

WHOA. Full stop.

All possible kink aside, it was highly disturbing to think she *wanted* me to hit her, for whatever twisted reason.

I did not, and I would not. EVER. Even if I weren't twice her size and reasonably highly trained.

We divorced fairly soon after, and that stuff was actually a primary element in the decision - I did not want to have children with someone so willing to use physical force when she get angry (which was often, sadly).

Leonardo Huizar

Jul 1, 2012
I'd defend myself if the need arose, Boy or girl however... Im still a 6'1 300lb man with combat and martial arts experience so its more of a matter of how big plus what theyre armed with.

May 29, 2011
Topsider said:
Use_Imagination_here said:
Topsider said:
I was raised not to hit girls. Still believe in not hitting girls. Pretending there isn't a difference in the distribution of muscle mass is fun and all, but doesn't reflect reality.
What if the girl is 15 cm taller than you and a bodybuilder? And beating your friend into the ground?

Generalizations are fun and all, until you find someone who doesn't fit with statistics.
Why would that change anything?
difference in the distribution of muscle mass
a bodybuilder

Your comment seems to imply that strength is a factor. In which case the woman being much stronger than an average male would also be a factor.

If not and I'm somehow mislead, that would mean that you think men shouldn't hit women purely out of deference to their genitals. Which is still completely absurd, not to mention sexist.

Paradoxrifts

Jan 17, 2010
I'll defend myself knowing full well that the weight of the law will fall upon me instead of my transgressor, because I am a man and she is a woman.

ZZoMBiE13

Ate My Neighbors
Oct 10, 2007
Abomination said:
I preemptively run around punching anyone I meet just to ensure I have the upper hand in any physical confrontation.

Well, at least my alter-ego the Feminism Fighter, dressed in an old BDSM mask I found behind a sex shop with a bed-sheet for a cape does.
I know this was a gag... but honestly there are stranger concepts for a superhero that actually got made into books and movies.

I'm going to go write your fan fiction now. ;) You're going to have a sidekick named "Throbbin'" who calls you "Double F" and he'll dress like Robin with a leather fetish and nipples on ALL of his costumes. Even the alter ego costumes.

laggyteabag

Scrolling through forums, instead of playing games
Legacy
Oct 25, 2009
UK
Yes its acceptable, If I have to physically defend myself, I couldn't care less if they have a penis or a vagina. But to be fair, I have never been in a fight and I don't ever plan on being in one.

Fireaxe

Sep 30, 2013
I'd prefer not to punch the head -- male or female, but I see nothing wrong with a sharp punch in the solar plexus or liver if it's needed for self defence regardless of gender of whoever is attacking you, it ends things a lot quicker than trying to control someone with grappling and doesn't take your arms and hands out of the equation if someone else decides to jump in, also means they can't bite you or some other stupid shit.

cikame

Jun 11, 2008
In most cases it would be easy for me, as a guy, to overpower a girl, holding them down to defend myself would probably be my first reaction over a straight up fight. If it's a strong woman who aims to cause me serious harm and i have no other choice, i don't see the problem.

Of course i assume we're talking purely defence here, there's no reason to hit anyone unless it's a friend and you're having a laugh.

TheDrunkNinja

Jun 12, 2009
I'm a pretty big guy that can take a punch. In every fight I've ever been in, I never fight back. I only ever look to disable or immobilize an individual until they agree to calm down. Sure, they always got in quite a few jabs before I'm able to wrestle them down or put them into a hold, but I take it fine even if I really feel it after the battering's over. And they always feel sorry afterward for hitting me when I never hit them. Getting so angry that you're willing to go straight to fisticuffs has a way of making you feel like more of an ass when the only move the other party involved does is to end it as quickly and peacefully as possible so that you don't get hurt. Regardless of what the start of the fight was about, the way you handle yourself during the fight is what makes a difference afterwards. That's what I'll tell my kids.

Kevlar Eater

Sep 27, 2009
Kevlar Eater said:
If some *****, regardless of gender, wanna throw down with me, I'll gladly fight. I could use the combat experience.
"Looks at macho comment."

"Looks at avatar."

"Looks at avatar."

"Bursts out laughing."

I very genuinely hope that was sarcasm.
Just because Rarity represents grace and generosity (and is a fashionista) doesn't mean she isn't willing to fight if the situation calls for it (at one point, she threatened to beat down some dragons if they did anything to Spike). Anyway, my point still stands. There's an ever-growing number of physically aggressive (and strong) females who will throw a punch and hide behind their vagina if the one retaliating is male. What I'm really saying, albeit in a very crude manner, is that I will not let myself be a punching bag just because my attacker happens to be female, even if the legal system is heavily biased to favor them. Of course, men are included as well.

I'm not being sarcastic.

May 29, 2011
Kevlar Eater said:
Kevlar Eater said:
If some *****, regardless of gender, wanna throw down with me, I'll gladly fight. I could use the combat experience.

"Looks at avatar."

"Looks at avatar."

"Bursts out laughing."

I very genuinely hope that was sarcasm.
Just because Rarity represents grace and generosity (and is a fashionista) doesn't mean she isn't willing to fight if the situation calls for it (at one point, she threatened to beat down some dragons if they did anything to Spike). Anyway, my point still stands. There's an ever-growing number of physically aggressive (and strong) females who will throw a punch and hide behind their vagina if the one retaliating is male. What I'm really saying, albeit in a very crude manner, is that I will not let myself be a punching bag just because my attacker happens to be female, even if the legal system is heavily biased to favor them. Of course, men are included as well.

I'm not being sarcastic.
The "crude manner" by which you expressed your opinion was the point of my ire, good gentleman. You truly would serve yourself and everyone better if you explained more elegantly, and with less ego.

Your full and eloquent explanation suitably elaborating on your stance is met with sincere respect. I fully agree with your distaste for these vile women who find their gender to be a fitting excuse for vicious behaviour, and I concur that your words convey a proper reaction to such cowardice.

A good day to you sir.

A.A.K

Mar 7, 2009
Fought 2 women in my entire life.

One was my ex, who I was dating at the time, who had experience street fighting.

The other, I was being paid to fight...and if I stood in the arena and opted for minimal force, I'd be missing my shoulder joints.

Women can strike just as hard as men.

OT: Yes it's a minority view; and that doesn't make it a wrong view.
"Universal Truth is not measured by mass appeal."

Bruenin

Nov 9, 2011
Kevlar Eater said:
I know what you mean, I only need 20 more experience until I level up and then I get my new skill points :3. I'm thinking I'm going to put it in archery or baking o.o something fun.