Doomsday Arcade: Episode 19

weirdoproductions

May 19, 2009
JimmyBassatti said:
Vicente de Lisboa said:
Funny thing is, when this series started, it was by far the weakest on the Escapist. Now, for some reason, all the good ideas have come to the surface, and it's quite possibly the best series around.

Good job, I say!
Let's not push it, buddy :p
The show is great, but it's not Apocalypse Lane amazing. I find it funny; I came here for Yahtzee, and now, I'm enjoying Apocalypse Lane and Doomsday Arcade more than Zero Punctuation.
I'd say it is the best thing around, better than apocolypse. Doomsday is just so well executed and so imaginitive

nova18

Feb 2, 2009
Ok now go and watch the first episode.
I'll wait.

How much have the effects, acting, narrative and overall professionalism improved over the series?

This is easily my favourite series here on the Escapist.
Lund and Shanks dead though?
I wont let it happen, I'm not going to be satisfied until a Doomsday Arcade 2 hour a piece trilogy in full HD is released on Blu-Ray. Once I have said blu rays, I will allow them to kill Lund and Shanks.

Titch007uk

May 30, 2008
That was SO EPIC.

It's like the other 18 episodes where just warm up for this. =D Effects where brilliant. Music was perfect. Awesome everything for the emotions part. Less jokes but the ones that DID appear where spot on. Especially "Lord British is going to space!". Oh and the ending. So perfect, I was half expecting Toad to be the one to do it but the way it was all presented I had a moment of doubt and then it was all BAM.

I can half entertain the idea of the series somehow continuing with Lund and Shanks dead, although it wouldn't be the same. Plus the Dice Lords pointed comments about betrayal (and the increased animosity between the two characters) suggest they are going to come back at some point so one of them can stab the other in the back.

Anyway, great work. Stuff like this makes me want my own Doomsday Arcade DVD.

weirdoproductions

May 19, 2009
JimmyBassatti said:
weirdoproductions said:
JimmyBassatti said:
Vicente de Lisboa said:
Funny thing is, when this series started, it was by far the weakest on the Escapist. Now, for some reason, all the good ideas have come to the surface, and it's quite possibly the best series around.

Good job, I say!
Let's not push it, buddy :p
The show is great, but it's not Apocalypse Lane amazing. I find it funny; I came here for Yahtzee, and now, I'm enjoying Apocalypse Lane and Doomsday Arcade more than Zero Punctuation.
I'd say it is the best thing around, better than apocolypse. Doomsday is just so well executed and so imaginitive
Apocalypse Lane is easier to get into, and it's not entirely gamer jokes, something I like, as I get tired of it constantly in the stuff here. I mean, come on guys, we can do other stuff than vijma games, even if this IS a gaming site :D
I know there are lots of gaming jokes but i am a very casual gamer. i dont have mass amounts of knowledge, yet i still enjoy it for how well its done and the other jokes. also you can get the jist of most jokes. whilst apocolypse seems lacking, i dont majorly laugh at it, i dont look at it and think "wow, what amazing animation" but its your opinion.

Chunko

Aug 2, 2009
BladeOfAkriloth said:
Christ don't tell me you're ACTUALLY gonna kill em... you can't end the show at it's most awesomesauce-filled portion....
Relax I'm sure they'll re spawn or something

Chunko

Aug 2, 2009
great episodes, loads of laughs, awesome cliffhanger the dicelord was awesome gj

cake42

Aug 9, 2009
anyone else notice the Schindlers lift thing at 6:44? I thought that was quite ingenious

Micalix

Aug 3, 2009
While you've departed a lot from the first few episodes which were gigglefests, I consider this your best episode yet. Dice has such an awesome character and I love the facial effects you've got on him.

And of course, that outtake was hilarious.

Deleric

Dec 29, 2008
Episode 20 is going to be fucking awesome.

And damn, the effects in the Dice-Lord scene was amazing.

sartezalb

Oct 1, 2009
Great effects with the Dicelord face! And emotion montage was excellent.

Physics pun before the elevator was particularly pained-groan-worthy. :)

johnman

Oct 14, 2008
This series was going stale but now its back to how awesome it was.
I loved lord Britishand the dice lord is the best character ever.

Dam i wonder how they get out of that.