Duke Nukem Forever Coming in May

TerribleAssassin

Apr 11, 2010
Azaraxzealot said:
maybe this will kill the "gritty realistic shooters" trend? one can only hope
Of course it will, I'm betting on a Kitty Cannon...

And the headline I'd never thought I'd see "Duke Nukem Dorever has a set release date." Hopefully my dad will get all nostalgic and buy it, and it shall be good.. (Anything's possible now it's coming out..)

VanityGirl

Apr 29, 2009
Andy Chalk said:
Actually, Duke Nukem 3D was an amazing shooter, an absolute work of genius. Easily one of the best FPSes of all time, and while it wasn't the technological revolution that Quake was, it was most definitely a better game.

That's one of the reasons I'm a little nervous about DNF. Everything I've seen has been focused on dick jokes, naked bimbos and Duke sticking his dick into everything he can get his hands on. He's the ultimate shit-talking brotard superstud. But what about the game? I worry that somewhere along the way, the focus on what actually make DN3D such a great game - the fact that it was a great game - has been lost.

I'm definitely looking forward to trying the demo but when one of the big selling points is watching Duke take a first-person perspective piss, well... yeah.
Thank you. I've been trying to say this the whole time. I understand the crude jokes are part of the Duke's legacy. But the Duke was a great shooter.
I'll be trying the demo first, because all I have seen from the gameplay is the Duke literally taking a piss or someone drawing dicks on a whiteboard.

K_Dub

Oct 19, 2008
I can't believe this is actually happening. I mean, this is seriously happening! Holy shit! Aw, but no more jokes. Unless the game totally blows! In which case all gamers will be fitted with a whole new arsenal of terrible puns and mean cracks at the game's expense. Ho ho, I'm excited now...

Flying Dagger

Apr 14, 2009
I'm going to call it.
Biggest disappointment of 2011.

Just sayin'.

also this captcha shit is ridiculous. surely there are ways to make a captcha that defies spambots without making it unreadable to everyone.
I'm not bothered enough to post here with this level of inconvenience.

Queltherio

Oct 17, 2010
It may be released in May but we have heard this all before. I'm betting that there will be another delay.

Hippobatman

Resident Mario sprite
Jun 18, 2008
Flying Dagger said:
I'm going to call it.
Biggest disappointment of 2011.

Just sayin'.

also this captcha shit is ridiculous. surely there are ways to make a captcha that defies spambots without making it unreadable to everyone.
I'm not bothered enough to post here with this level of inconvenience.
Well, after such a long wait the odds are in your favour.

I'd just like an over-the-top shooter with silly humour, and DNF seems to fit the bill quite well.

Stevepinto3

Jun 4, 2009
Duke Nukem Forever has a release date. My world view is collapsing.

katsumoto03 said:
Baldry said:
Isn't this one of the signs of the apocalypse?
Oh shi-

I'm pretty damn excited. Hell, I was two when it was announced. I'm almost as old as the wait. o_O
OH DEAR GOD I'M ANCIENT. Someone that can't even remember when this game was announced is waiting for it.

Hitchmeister

Nov 24, 2009
My prediction? After 12 years of development it'll be released on-time (if that even means anything at this point), but so full of bugs as to be virtually unplayable. By the time the inevitable "Game of the Year" edition comes out, it'll resemble a finished product.

Corven

Forever Gonzo
Sep 10, 2008
Tr3mbl3Tr3mbl3 said:
My prediction: this game is either going to be awful and remembered for generations to come as the biggest blunder the industry ever managed to crap out, or its going to be the best game in the last five years and praised for being more than worth the wait.
Or it'll be an average mindless FPS that won't live up to the 12 years of hype, but nevertheless still be fun to play.

v3n0mat3

Jul 30, 2008
I'm waiting for this to snowball into oblivion. I hate to be cynical about this.. but, it has to be said.

Fuselage

Nov 18, 2009
VanityGirl said:
Andy Chalk said:
Actually, Duke Nukem 3D was an amazing shooter, an absolute work of genius. Easily one of the best FPSes of all time, and while it wasn't the technological revolution that Quake was, it was most definitely a better game.

That's one of the reasons I'm a little nervous about DNF. Everything I've seen has been focused on dick jokes, naked bimbos and Duke sticking his dick into everything he can get his hands on. He's the ultimate shit-talking brotard superstud. But what about the game? I worry that somewhere along the way, the focus on what actually make DN3D such a great game - the fact that it was a great game - has been lost.

I'm definitely looking forward to trying the demo but when one of the big selling points is watching Duke take a first-person perspective piss, well... yeah.
Thank you. I've been trying to say this the whole time. I understand the crude jokes are part of the Duke's legacy. But the Duke was a great shooter.
I'll be trying the demo first, because all I have seen from the gameplay is the Duke literally taking a piss or someone drawing dicks on a whiteboard.
So? Possible gameplay mechanics include pissing out of a helicopter and drawing your way through squad of 100 in the nsowy mountains.
OT: Excite, Must Buy.

CNKFan

Aug 20, 2008
Yes!!!!!!1!!!!1one! Finally. I was so excited for this game when I first heard about it when I was 7 now it is finally coming out. I am pre-ordering the hell out of the ultra-mega-special edition.

AgentBJ09

May 24, 2010
Very nice.

But please Gearbox, announce a Collector's Edition. You all know people will love one.

alimination602

Apr 14, 2009
Maybe they saw Yhatzees ideas and decided 'Lets just do that!'

Personally i'm loading up my sniper rifle and preparing to go developer hunting if this proves to be just blowing smoke again. And i haven'y even played the first one!

Darks63

Mar 8, 2010
Damn now what will we point out when we need to referance a famous bit of vapourware?

gibboss28

Feb 2, 2008
Andy Chalk said:
Jonci said:
Meh, I'll need to play that demo before I put out any cash on this thing. Not all too excited for a game that gained its fame for a bunch of jokes that were funny two decades ago.

I reckon it'll be a game to successfully have its cake and eat it too.

The original cake being a damn good FPS while being over the top
And the other cake being the jokes and the awesome one liners