Duke Nukem Forever Coming in May

Kalahee

Jan 12, 2011
I've gotten this news in my email for being registered as 'First Access Club' member... "You are amongst the few that will know the release date for being member of First Access Club." or something like that it said. It was already showing release date on the website front page... Thanks I feel privilegiate.

Seriously, collector's, limited edition, privilege club seems to be losing alot of prestige...

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
Andy Chalk said:
Who are we going to lob cheap and easy vaporware jokes at now that Duke Nukem Forever is an actual, real thing?
GT5 finally came out too, so I think the obvious choice is Half-Life 2: Episode 3.

Anyway I'll pick up the demo when it comes out, but I'm not hyped for this at all. So what if it's been in development that long? I don't see why everyone assumes that means it will be good.

Jadak

Nov 4, 2008
GeneticallyModifiedDucks said:
I can't believe this is coming out on my birthday. I find it kind of ironic that this games was announced just 3 years after I was born and here it is now coming out on my birthday.

I'll probably play it eventually, but I'm in no rush.
The birthday part is cool, but the 3 years after your born part is completely meaningless.

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
There's a trailer here, too.

Duke Nukem Forever launch day announcement trailer. [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/trailers/2671-Duke-Nukem-Forever-Reveal-Trailer]

Dice Warwick

Nov 29, 2010
The big problem I see for this game is that it has to be "FUCKING EPIC" or it will be a disappointment, no buts about it.

If they focus mainly on the signal-player and do multi-player as DLC, then the game may be promising.

Brain_Cleanser

Dec 18, 2009
*spit take*
Wait, what?
Like, it's really really coming out?
Hot DAMN. I'm not excited for it, I'm just glad that the jokes will stop once and for all.
And I suppose I'll pick it up. Gearbox is OK by me.
But really? May? Damn.

*Refreshes Captcha twice* God, I can never read these things.

Hey_look_a_cat

Dec 31, 2008
Did anyone notice that the entire opening talk sequence was a joke to the release date not just the last line, hell the whole trailer mocked how long it took.

Stabby Joe

Jul 30, 2008
I'm just waiting for the controversy from those who fail to realize it's a modern take on a 90s parody.

SovietSecrets

iDrink, iSmoke, iPill
Nov 16, 2008
The trailer...its just...so good. This is everything I could have ever wanted and more from Duke.

Taunta

Dec 17, 2010
I'm still skeptical. Until I have a package of DNF in my hands, I refuse to believe it's not just another publicity stunt to throw a bone to the fans. And if it isn't...well damn. Better start getting in your apocalypse bunkers.