bodyklok said:
odBilal said:
Abedeus said:
Somethingfake said:
"Duke Nukem Forever Hits Major Milestone"

Development starts?
No, concept arts have finally passed.
No they agreed to make a videogame
No, someone has decided it might be cool if they make a new Duke game.
i think you first decide that your going to make a game and then decide that its going to be a duke nukem game
I WON [/thread]
Thats not how I'd do it but OK whatever.

elvor0

Sep 8, 2008
toapat said:
CantFaketheFunk said:
Duke Nukem Forever Hits Major Milestone

Duke Nukem Forever does eventually come out, that thing better be the gaming equivalent of the freaking Mona Lisa./quote]

well, technically the first gaming Mona Lisa would be starcraft, this would be the second

Also, is it just me or is the chick in the background nude?
She's wearing a thong.

Mask of 1000 Faces

Feb 28, 2009
CantFaketheFunk said:
With such a tremendous development time, if Duke Nukem Forever does eventually come out, that thing better be the gaming equivalent of the freaking Mona Lisa.
Seriously... That game better blow our socks off.

I do hope the DNF team knows this. I'd really love to *NOT* see their remains in a case somewhere the day after release because someone got a little too angry.

Exocet

Pandamonium is at hand
Dec 3, 2008
Collector's edition comes with a video overview of the development cycle of the game.
10 dvd's filled with videos of bored guys doodling in a conference room!!!

I hope they put a little handwritten note in every copy asking them to excuse them for the delay.

oliveira8

Feb 2, 2009
But the Mona Lisa inst that great...its the WORST! attraction of the Louvre...if you ever go to the Louvre to check the Mona Lisa get ready for MAXIMUM disapointment.

So you can grasp the notion...Think of a very small paiting that you can only see 3-4 meters away and that is not counting the 30 japanese/chinese tourists in front of you, taking hundreds of pictures with flash.

Not to mention its not even the real one. ^^

irrelevantnugget

Mar 25, 2008
Pi_Fighter said:
Given just how long it took them to get 730-830 tasks done, it should take them at least another two years to get this game anywhere near completion.
The last task is probably 'bugtesting'. So I'd say more than 2.

loudestmute

Oct 21, 2008
GnR dropped Chinese Democracy...Hollywod made a Watchmen movie...now DNF might actually hit the shelves. What else is there to mock for taking a long time to release?

paketep

Jul 14, 2008
What milestone is that?. 10000 stupid posts from Broussard without the game being out?.

Oh, how I remember his Elite Force "review"

http://www.bluesnews.com/cgi-bin/finger.pl?id=119&time=20000921180607

That's year *2000*. Elite Force got a second game. Both were done in less than ONE FIFTH the time DNF has taken already (and no end in sight). Hell, thousands of games have been released since then. Not DNF. Guess the fact that they are playing and looking other developers over their shoulders must have something to do with it.

Why give publicity to them every time they say "hey, we did something!" or release an average screenshot?. Will we get "hey, only 30 milestones left!" in 2018?.

3DR is perhaps the only joke bigger than the PCGA.

Taerdin

Nov 7, 2006
odBilal said:
bodyklok said:
odBilal said:
Abedeus said:
Somethingfake said:
"Duke Nukem Forever Hits Major Milestone"

Development starts?
No, concept arts have finally passed.
No they agreed to make a videogame
No, someone has decided it might be cool if they make a new Duke game.
i think you first decide that your going to make a game and then decide that its going to be a duke nukem game
I WON [/thread]
[thread]

Guy1:You know what would be cool? If we made a new Duke Nukem game!
Guy2:I don't know... should we really make a game at this juncture?
Guy3:It's risky, but we ARE a game company!

*After careful years of deliberation*

Guy Appointed to Arbitrate: So its finally decided! We've all agreed to make a video game!

[/thread]

thefourwings

Dec 13, 2008
Until the day I see it on the shelf, I'm sticking with the story that it's not only never coming out, but it's not actually in development whatsoever.

Lieju

Jan 4, 2009
oliveira8 said:
But the Mona Lisa inst that great...its the WORST! attraction of the Louvre...if you ever go to the Louvre to check the Mona Lisa get ready for MAXIMUM disapointment.

So you can grasp the notion...Think of a very small paiting that you can only see 3-4 meters away and that is not counting the 30 japanese/chinese tourists in front of you, taking hundreds of pictures with flash.

Not to mention its not even the real one. ^^
It's good, and some of the technique is amazing, but the problem is that unless you have lived your life under a rock without any contact with the outside world, you have already seen thousands times in media. So seeing it doesn't feel so great, since it's so small too. I like it, but it's far from my favourites. And this has nothing to do with the topic of this thread...

How many people are developing this game? It's bound to be a disappointment(well, not to me, since I don't hold any expectations for it), since duke nukem has been covered by nostalgia, and the humor that felt awesome when you were ten is going to feel juvenile and stupid now.

Avida

Oct 17, 2008
I cant wait for this to eventually come out and for the fans to get momentously dissappointed :p

Littaly

Jun 26, 2008
I don't remember who said that Duke Nukem Forever coming out would be kind of like Team Sonic releasing a good game. Sure, if the game got released it would be nice, but the game can't really top the gag anyway, so is it really worth it?

dthree

Hey!
Jun 13, 2008
CantFaketheFunk said:
3D Realms' George Broussard says that development of the long-delayed Duke Nukem Forever hit a key milestone at the end of last week.
When their sugardvd subscription ran out.