Duke Nukem Forever Multiplayer Exchanges Flags for "Babes"

Daymo

And how much is this Pub Club?
May 18, 2008
Something everyone seems to be missing is Kng of the Hill mode. Seriously this is the funnest game mode ever, Halo's oddball never quite cut it for me, taking away all your ranged weapons and Cod never had it at all. It's been too long since a good king of the hill mode, I believe the last good one was timesplitters:FP.

cyber95

Feb 28, 2008
Sounds to me like it's more of a "Get a hold of yourself!" slap and not a "Shut up, *****!" slap.

Nov 5, 2007
JWAN said:
Feminazis can suck my dick.
(the slap isn't a good idea, if anything he should spank)
Im buying this game no matter what.
Yes, cause having respect for women is such a feminazi thing... :\

I seriously can't believe some of you guys.

Moriarty70

Canucklehead
Dec 24, 2008
I think it's clear what needs to be done. Bulletstorm and Duke have shown us the way. There must now be a dedicated section of the developer community that activly troll Fox News by makeing the most offensive games possible.

Smertnik

Apr 5, 2010
Oh boy, with every further news I dislike DNF more and more.
Oh well, I guess I just don't belong to the target audience.

Evil the White

Apr 16, 2009
This is just what we need to slap some sense into everyone. Just becuase it's sightly offensive to some people, in a good natured way, doesn't automatically mean the game is evil.

Galad

Nov 4, 2009
Dastardly said:
Tom Goldman said:
While I get the joke and all.... it's really poorly timed, and pretty poorly delivered.

It doesn't have the refinement or credibility to be seen as a satire of the "chauvinistic ideal." It reads instead as fan service pumped directly into the occipital lobe of the target audience (immature man-children). And that means a game that is outdated, which for DNF comes as no surprise...
..I take it you also scoff at the sight of Bulletstorm, my good Sir? :)

TilMorrow

Diabolical Party Member
Jul 7, 2010
poiumty said:
The babe will sometimes freak out, and players have to give her a "reassuring slap,"
Pffffhahahahahahahahaha

The only way to make it better is call the home base "kitchen".
Why would the Duke waste time doing that? He'd take them to the bedroom! Or his highrise apartment as shown in the trailers.

thaluikhain said:
So...you kidnap women and slap them if they get annoying?

*headdesk*
What? That's what Gandorf always did when kidnapping Zelda. Heck I bet all video game kidnappers do it all the time. Plus who says Duke is kidnapping them? Maybe they are freaking out over his Duke-someness.

DudeistBelieve

TellEmSteveDave.com
Sep 9, 2010
CD-R said:
Capture the Babe is exactly what it sounds like. Instead of a flag, players have to pick up a "babe" and bring her back to the home base. The babe will sometimes freak out, and players have to give her a "reassuring slap," which is "more goofy than offensive" according to OXM. Hail to the King wasn't detailed, but is apparently a "King of the Hill" mode.
I don't know about that. I really hope that's a misquoote. It's not the 1950's anymore.
I think we've moved to a point culturally that we can take such a thing as ironically funny and not an accurate way men should treat women.

Duke's and entire parody of that.

Kittaw

Aug 13, 2009
I personally don't like offending people. It usually end up bad for all involved and creates a huge amount of stigmata towards the person doing the offending. Being offensive in this day and age is a bad idea.

However, it's surprising how easily offended people are.

In relation to the "Capture the Babe" mode: Yes, it is going to rustle more than a few feathers. Maybe that's part of the point (Didn't that work for Mass Effect?), a way to drum up some media. Duke Nukem Forever does seem to be adhering closely to the model that did seem to raise its popularity when that style of first person shooter was the norm. Keeping the game at its roots may be a stab at nostalgia, the target market being people who were around for those times and still game just as hard as ever. A "blast from the past", if you will.

I have a friend whom fights tooth and nail against the dying ideal of the male-centrist society and I respect her for standing up for what she believes in. On the same token, I do think she is a little too easily offended. If we take a step back and not judge media so seriously, this game can be taken in the context of good fun. So long as these chauvinistic ideals are not taken to the extreme.

KrazyKain

Jun 2, 2010
just want to state that capture the babe is not actually a new idea... postal 2 share the pain already does this... its just a shame that that game sucks as far as multiplayer goes...

ah well, looking forward to dukematching

Thespian

Sep 11, 2010
So instead of different modes, we have the word Duke inserted in places.
Instead of a set theme, we have everyone playing as Duke.
Instead of flags we have Babes.

Innovative. Oh well, it's okay that they put apparently zero effort into original ideas for the multiplayer because it's not like the game had lots of time to be worked on. They're rushing it out the door as it is.

CD-R

Mar 1, 2009
SaneAmongInsane said:
CD-R said:
Capture the Babe is exactly what it sounds like. Instead of a flag, players have to pick up a "babe" and bring her back to the home base. The babe will sometimes freak out, and players have to give her a "reassuring slap," which is "more goofy than offensive" according to OXM. Hail to the King wasn't detailed, but is apparently a "King of the Hill" mode.
I don't know about that. I really hope that's a misquoote. It's not the 1950's anymore.
I think we've moved to a point culturally that we can take such a thing as ironically funny and not an accurate way men should treat women.

Duke's and entire parody of that.
I know what you mean but I'm just worried it would cause unnecessary controversy. And not the goofy "hurr durr video games cause rape" Fox News controversy. I mean like real controversy. The kind that actually kills sales not improves them. There's not really a good way to defend this feature if it works as described.

Wharrgarble

Jun 22, 2010
I think this game has moved on from what could have been a masterfully crafted satire to juvenile pandering and low-brow humor. I think I liked it better when it was the joke of the industry... It'll be interesting to see how it actually does.