Dwarf Fortress succession game

DI7789

Aug 30, 2008
I checked the file and I can't get it to work, I had the same problem as the last person who used this (Unable to locate definition for CAT_MOUTH. Fixed that, then I got "FATAL ERROR: NO REACTION DEFINITION". Were you using a slightly modded version Omni? Otherwise, you can bypass my turn)

ArtfulDodger42

Mar 21, 2009
I'm brand new here, but I've recently gotten into DF2 and read the entire Boatmurdered saga. I'd be happy to play the next available year and do a journal on it.

Uncertain

Jan 26, 2009
DI7789 said:
I checked the file and I can't get it to work, I had the same problem as the last person who used this (Unable to locate definition for CAT_MOUTH. Fixed that, then I got "FATAL ERROR: NO REACTION DEFINITION". Were you using a slightly modded version Omni? Otherwise, you can bypass my turn)
Ohhh god... you will get that error unless you use the May Green graphical tileset mod [http://mayday.w.staszic.waw.pl/df.htm], seeing as the creator of the tileset saw fit to slightly modify a cat's face for no apparent reason. The solution to the issue, with links etc, is in this thread.

ArtfulDodger42, I think you would be very welcome; we are in dire need of new successors at the moment. XD I suppose I will sign on for the last spot in the list too then.

So, the Succession List at the moment (as I see it):

-Uncertain [deceased]
-Neuro [deceased]
-Omnidum
-Lim Arcadia [MIA]
-freshmanbuddyII [MIA]
-zemalac [his computer exploded]
-DI7789 [not sure; possibly cannot be bothered downloading the tileset version] <--
-Omnidum
-ArtfulDodger42
-Zombie Uncertain

Omnidum

Mar 27, 2008
Zuncertain?

Anyway, this looks like a proper succession fortress now. Would you like to have this round, Uncertain, to get back at me having you killed by Xbows?

DI7789

Aug 30, 2008
Yea, I'd recommend you move on to the next guy, because things are a bit too busy with me at the moment anyway

Uncertain

Jan 26, 2009
Apologies for my late reply, medication is interfering with my desire to move my arms.

I can do the next year if you like; I assume I will feel more motivated later. I go up and down like a spring-loaded cockwagon. I will tell you my situation when it becomes more clear, hopefully in a few hours.

Edit: okay, I have downloaded the file and shall see what I can do. Turns out that Omnidum seems to have technically been the last successor in this file, so it does make sense for one of us other two to play the next year.

For the sake of argument and to get things moving again, ArtfulDodger can have the turn after me. I tend to be relatively quick.

Uncertain

Jan 26, 2009
Right, I pulled an all-nighter and got the first six months done. I'm very proud of this year so far, so I'm going to go smoke, come back, edit and upload all the images and then post my face off.

First half-year follows.

Uncertain

Jan 26, 2009
1st Granite 104: Early Spring

ARR! The great Uncertain rises once again, and this time he's pissed off! It's time to chew ass and kick marmotgum, and we're all out of gum!

I have chosen Shorast Unibobok Rinulrerras Zuglar as a suitable vessel for my inexplicable (though inevitable) resurrection. It took him a while to regain consciousness, but he is apt with a sword and appears to pass for the leader of the ramshackle military force in place here. No longer have I taste for weak-minded goblins, nor the frail-founded quips and cooings of elves; I only even allowed our blithering fort mayoress to live because she currently has an embargo on quivers. Never touching one of those accursed things again. Swords all the way, and deepest death to any interfering flyspawn who stand in my path.

Looking at the village records: population 39; 98 drink; 1388 food; trained animals outnumber our armed forces eleven to three. First priorities, then, are drink and a fucking military. I'm in a killing mood.

Having had a wander around the fort, things appear to have become greatly disorganised since my untimely demise. Multiple scattered mining shafts and small stockpiles are new additions, while my old stockpile floor's design has gone over someone's head:

Here we have many large, barren stockpiles alongside three or four that are stuffed to bursting without any alternative location for their clearly popular and plentiful commodities, among them food and drink. A dwarf who fails to care for his drink might as well live in the ocean.

Uncertain

Jan 26, 2009
4th Granite

A basic military has been sorted out:

Yep, the Constructive Pears. I did not ask.

The nobles have been changed about, and I am now Captain of the Guard:

As you can see, our ex-Hoardmaster Kosoth is now the village broker, despite having been legendarily competent at her work. I have replaced her with a fish cleaner. Not only do I find this funny, but it also allows Kosoth to apply her savant-like talents to our stockpiles:

Another thing: I've recently noticed that we have roughly five million tiny bedrooms.

I suppose this is prudent, if nothing else. I took the liberty of actually assigning beds to those few dwarves who remained without, and our bed:dwarf ratio must be at least three. We may be running out of alcohol, but at least we won't run out of comfortable resting spots for when the hangovers kick in. Chasing 40 years of constant binge drinking with the hair of the dog is exactly why having a dry still is a fate worse than death, and I should know, I'm dead.

Uncertain

Jan 26, 2009
16th Granite

Elven merchants have arrived and are unloading their goods.

Ha. Hahahaha.

Enjoy your tomb, fuckers.

Uncertain

Jan 26, 2009
28th Granite

Here we have Erith "Umbrahammer" Gosmernil, who appears to be completely lost and dying of malnourishment in the labyrinthine corridors of The Ten Thousand Bedrooms.

I think I will attempt to save her sorry carcass for better things by digging a simple route to the main corridors through the bedroom of whichever unfortunate soul that is sleeping to the south. If he takes issue with twelve miners bursting into his room and knocking down his walls at 4am, he can take it up with me - I'm starting to get ass-chewing withdrawals.

Oh. Never mind then.

Uncertain

Jan 26, 2009
7th Slate: Mid-Spring

As we can see at the top of this beautiful painting, some migrants have arrived... amidst them a Dungeon Master!

Uncertain

Jan 26, 2009
9th Slate

Even as I was counting the new horde of migrants rolling by, one of my new recruits appears to have suffocated while sparring.

I do wish they would spar with less pointy sticks - I don't see much sense in them gearing up in iron swathes of plate and chain only to collapse under the weight and suffocate in a sea of their own flab. Stupid mortal commoners.

On a lighter note, I hear that the elven merchants from Todiconibo will be leaving soon. Heheheheheee! They'll feel so silly when they finally realise what those giant floodgates quarantining the trade depot are for.

Uncertain

Jan 26, 2009
10th Slate

Population: 60.

So, counting two deaths this year, that makes 23 immigrants. Rather a good haul, I think. Our new Dungeon Master goes by the suitably creepy name of Vucar Rimtaronrel.

Uncertain

Jan 26, 2009
26th Slate

Holy shit!

Damn, you cruel prick. I needed that for barrels. You better make something very nice, such as a diamond-encrusted barrel, lest I show your simple childish mind how fun death is.

Uncertain

Jan 26, 2009
6th Felsite

It's a mountaingoat-bone piccolo.

It'll sell for 32400 gold; perhaps it could have been worse after all.

Speaking of which, I've rerouted a certain water trap created by a previous ruler:

It will begin flowing towards the grate set directly above the trade depot... right now. I shall enjoy this deeply.

OH, YOU BLOODY IDIOT.

Elves simultaneously snap and go utterly mad!

A walled-off room of flouncing elves and frothing livestock! What a barrel of laughs! The only thing that could make this better is if they all drowned... OH WAIT! MUAAHAHAHAHAH!