E3: Minecraft Coming to Xbox 360 With Kinect

Deshin

Aug 31, 2010
To give an example to people.

Final Fantasy XI

It's an MMO available on the Xbox 360 which has periodical updates/patches/tweaks/new stuff released every 2 - 3 months. None of it is charged for, the only thing that is paid for is the monthly subscription fee (doesn't even need Gold, can be played with a Silver account) and the Expansions / Mini Expansions which are paid for the same price on the PC anyway. (the Mini-Expansions are also account-wide so you only need to buy it once to access it on all platforms.

Finally the game is playable with a party on the 360, PC, and PS2. The only thing not done is mods but that's because SE has a VERY strict any-mod stance towards their game.

William Ossiss

Apr 8, 2010
VincentX3 said:
I can see the war coming already...

I'm still sticking to PC obviously, dought the 360 will get any mods.
doubt*

but yeah. consoles never get any mods. i dont use them, though. so ill be playing this on xbox as well.

Amondren

Oct 15, 2009
imnotparanoid said:
Well, Fortress craft is fucked thats for sure.
*EVil grin*
and boy am I glad it is (unending hate for that game).

OT: I dont think I'll get it because for 1 I'm a bit confused about updates and how the servers would work and I already own it for the PC making it already pretty damn good. If I did pick it up for some bizzare reason I might get a sprained ankle but my calf's would look damn good

HooterNanny

May 19, 2010
John Funk said:
Minecraft Coming to Xbox 360 With Kinect

Despite the presence of an imitator [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/107980-XBL-Indie-Dev-Clones-Minecraft-With-FortressCraft] or two,

C'mon, why'd you have to go there?

Anyway, I'm just wondering if i'll have to pay for it on xbox as well. Probably, but I can hope
(Annoyingly I just bought it for PC yesterday)

Also, kinect integration seems kinda arbitrary, doesn't really seem to lend itself to that particular peripheral

SilentP

Jun 2, 2011
I am definitely happy to hear this :) Can't get Minecraft to work on my laptop, and it'll be a fair while till I can get a new one (though there's no word in the article about when Minecraft will hit the Xbox 360), so I'll be happy for this to come along.

Doclector

Aug 22, 2009
Sounds good, but I'm gonna be pissed if you have to use kinect, because I don't have a stack of money or a room the size of a small warehouse.

samsonguy920

Mar 24, 2009
Notch reveals another facet of his business craftiness. Shame 360er's will have to wait until it is actually done to play it.

I await the home video of the following:
"I'm a dwarf and I'm digging a hole...diggy diggy hole...CREEPER!" *runs into wall*

Juan Regular

Jun 3, 2008
I´m a console gamer for the most part, but in Minecrafts case I´ll stick to mouse and keyboard. Building stuff takes ages with a controller. And Kinect... I´m lazy.

samsonguy920

Mar 24, 2009
player3141 said:
How could the 360 run minecraft? Minecraft uses a lot more ram than the console has.
Same way with every other game made for PC and ported to consoles. Cutting corners.

[sub]PC Games rule[/sub]

Iamaglassoftea

May 16, 2011
No thanks, I already bought it once. Seeing as how I doubt porting it to Xbox will expand it's functionality beyond the inability to play online without paying for it, I'll stick to the PC.
Seriously, though. You could run Minecraft on a calculator, if you wanted, aside from vastly limiting yourself and others enjoyment of the game why would you play it on anything else?

Citizen Snips

A Seldom Used Crab
May 13, 2009
Notch said that if you registered or bought the game during Alpha, Notch said you would get any free DLC and updates for the game for life.

Do any of you think this may crossover to the Xbox?

....oh God please I hope so.

jack583

Oct 26, 2010
finally!!
my distrust of credit cards will no longer prevent me from playing minecraft!!

therandombear said:
How will Microsoft handle MC updates then?

Still no free updates so people have to pay for MC updates?
hopefully they do normal updates for free (like system updates), but you have to pay some of the bigger updates

qeinar

Jul 14, 2009
using kinect for this would probably be tiring as shit, imaging having to chop down a forest to build a mansion or something like that.

qeinar

Jul 14, 2009
Citizen Snips said:
Notch said that if you registered or bought the game during Alpha, Notch said you would get any free DLC and updates for the game for life.

Do any of you think this may crossover to the Xbox?

....oh God please I hope so.
doubt it. Although it would have been nice.

Apollo45

Jan 30, 2011
Interesting. Should be fun, but I wouldn't be surprised if Microsoft ends up charging more for the game or some such... We'll see how it goes before I actually buy it - the PC version will probably be better anyway.

Mantonio

Apr 15, 2009
MrJKapowey said:
Mantonio said:
Huh. Well, I'm not worried.

Minecraft will always inherently be superior on PC, and (because it's Micro$oft) the 360 will have NO FREE UPDATES!

Why not? Everytime I play a game after a gap of around 6 months or mroe it asks me if I would like to download an update for the game (for free) to allow me to play it on XBL. In new releases it can be as common as one update per week, or more.

I support this - Escapecraft on XBOX!
Why not? Because Microsoft forbid developers who use their console to release more than one free update or piece of DLC.

That's why TF2 on 360 is so behind, for example.