E3: Minecraft Coming to Xbox 360 With Kinect

therandombear

Elite Member
Sep 28, 2009
GLo Jones said:
therandombear said:
How will Microsoft handle MC updates then?

Still no free updates so people have to pay for MC updates?
I expect it'll come out around the same time as Minecraft is 'finished', so updates shouldn't be nearly as common as they are right now.
Maybe, we didn't get a date only "Soon" and microsoft is nice enough to make bug fixes to be free ;)

Ophiuchus

8 miles high and falling fast
Mar 31, 2008
I hope this is just 'Kinect compatible' rather than 'REQUIRES Kinect'. Even if I wanted and could afford Kinect, I don't have anywhere in my house with enough clear space to set it up, so it's sort of disappointing that damn near everything is going to be using it in future. The message from Microsoft is pretty clear: "don't have Kinect? Well fuck off then, no more games for you".

therandombear

Elite Member
Sep 28, 2009
Stubee said:
therandombear said:
Stubee said:
therandombear said:
Stubee said:
therandombear said:

You can update games for free on xbox, just look at Burnout Paradise

Developers have to either charge money for their updates or they have to pay loads to update/addn new content to their own game on xbox.

Hence why Team Fortress 2 on xbox is still crap.
Somehow i doubt that.

Oh and TF2 is crap on xbox because its TF2.
No need to try and flame, just using TF2 as an example. Free updateson PC, but nothing on Xbox since Microsoft won't allow it to be free on the xbox.
Well if you can flat out ignore my example i dont see why i cant shit all over yours. Plenty of games have been updated for free on xbox. SSF4, Burnout Paradise, AC:B, Left 4 Dead (thats a valve game so explain that one)
Updated, for bugs and such yes, but no new content for free.

I haven't played Burnout or AC:B on the xbox, but the campaigns and such for L4D2 are not free on xbox, The Sacrefice costs money on the xbox.

Norendithas

Oct 13, 2009
I'd think that Microsoft wouldn't be as heartless as so many have tried to claim, and charge for Minecraft updates.. Mostly they just charge for the extra things. Maybe they could do that with mods or something, haha.

Anyways as for FortressCraft, I can't wait to see that fall to pieces when Minecraft shows up on 360. I tried that game out, and not do worlds look the same, but it doesn't nearly have as many features or capabilities. Not only that, it has the strangest items. There's a Jet Pack. o-o

thethingthatlurks

Feb 16, 2010
I predict wanker's cramp after the construction of your first dirt hovel. Urgh, can you imagine mining obsidian with kinect controls? Or are you just going to point at whatever block you want to destroy instead of doing the motions?

WanderingFool

Apr 9, 2009
triggrhappy94 said:
What ever happened to Fortress Craft?
Its still there, and from the sounds of it, its trying to actually be different from Minecraft, so hopefully, they wont have to compete.

Here is an example of how its trying to be deferent.

Jul 22, 2009
Incoming wave of PC elitists screeching about consoles and how they are so vastly superior?

I will probably buy this so I can play with my Xbox friends who have computers made of swiss cheese.

This doesn't mean I'll stop playing on PC, this just means I have an open mind about these things.

Deshin

Aug 31, 2010
therandombear said:
Minecraft updates with new content because it's still in its Beta stages. Do you think they're going to continuously add stuff like The Nether once the game officially hits retail?

As for Mods, after careful consideration I've decided that once the inrastructure in place is set up mods will be "official" and act like addons rather than by rewriting the .jar file every single time so there's just as much possibility for them to be available as downloadable addons.

I'm sure Microsoft has had to make a few concessions to Notch in order to obtain exclusivity contracts.

therandombear

Elite Member
Sep 28, 2009
Stubee said:
therandombear said:
Stubee said:
therandombear said:
Stubee said:
therandombear said:
Stubee said:
therandombear said:

Developers have to either charge money for their updates or they have to pay loads to update/addn new content to their own game on xbox.

Somehow i doubt that.

No need to try and flame, just using TF2 as an example. Free updateson PC, but nothing on Xbox since Microsoft won't allow it to be free on the xbox.
Well if you can flat out ignore my example i dont see why i cant shit all over yours. Plenty of games have been updated for free on xbox. SSF4, Burnout Paradise, AC:B, Left 4 Dead (thats a valve game so explain that one)

I haven't played Burnout or AC:B on the xbox, but the campaigns and such for L4D2 are not free on xbox, The Sacrefice costs money on the xbox.
All the examples i gave were free CONTENT updates, not just bug fixes etc. Multiplayer maps, missions, modes. Hell Burnout Paradise added motorbikes and a bunch of new stuff, all for free. Sorry but you are just wrong on this one.
Good to know then, I didn't, thanks for telling me.
No need to be douchy though.

nub the samurai

Jul 12, 2010
Stubee said:
therandombear said:
Stubee said:
therandombear said:
Stubee said:
therandombear said:
Stubee said:
therandombear said:

Somehow i doubt that.

All the examples i gave were free CONTENT updates, not just bug fixes etc. Multiplayer maps, missions, modes. Hell Burnout Paradise added motorbikes and a bunch of new stuff, all for free. Sorry but you are just wrong on this one.
Didn't they make you pay for Big Surf Island and things such as offline multiplayer though?

OT: I predict many arms falling off from all the digging.

Jungy 365

Sep 13, 2010
HankMan said:
Which Port is better?
Mine!
Okay, it's official: you are CSI Guy to me. No one is better than you, or has as much commitment.
How many people watched it live? I watched most of it. Wow, I may have to consider getting this Tomb Raider, it looks gorgeous, and the parkour segments look fun as hell.
I know I should be bored of Halo, but I like the sound of a new trilogy. It can be an all new threat using characters and a universe we've gotten to know well, and can continue polishing its gameplay. And I mean, what's the worst that could happen? It's not like there's ever been a second trilogy to a well loved sci-fi trilogy which turned out bad ... wait.

AlternatePFG

Jan 22, 2010
As long as Notch releases it after he finishes the current version of Minecraft, I have no qualms.

Puzzlenaut

Mar 11, 2011
Mantonio said:
Huh. Well, I'm not worried.

Minecraft will always inherently be superior on PC, and (because it's Micro$oft) the 360 will have NO FREE UPDATES!
What possible cause would you have to be worried even if the 360 version did get all its updates? All this means is more people being able to play minecraft.

boag

Sep 13, 2010
I hope it lets me jump into random servers, otherwise I aint moving from the pc

MrJKapowey

Oct 31, 2010
Mantonio said:
Huh. Well, I'm not worried.

Minecraft will always inherently be superior on PC, and (because it's Micro$oft) the 360 will have NO FREE UPDATES!

Why not? Everytime I play a game after a gap of around 6 months or mroe it asks me if I would like to download an update for the game (for free) to allow me to play it on XBL. In new releases it can be as common as one update per week, or more.

I support this - Escapecraft on XBOX!