E3: Nintendo's New Console Is: The Wii U

PhunkyPhazon

Dec 23, 2009
Selvec said:
Finish this sentence. "An Ambulance goes..."
My thoughts exactly. The system itself (And game line-up) looks spiffy, but I really hope they change the name. The Wii may have sounded silly, but WiiU is just awkward to say.

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
Radoh said:
WiiU? I was hoping for so much more than the Wii U. What's after that one then? The WiiUii?
Give them a few generations and they will have you sounding like an ambulance when you talk about their console.

I honestly like this idea though. A console that lets me keep playing when I leave the room, sure, why not?

Selvec said:
Seems like I was ninja'd...

cynicalsaint1

Salvation a la Mode
Apr 1, 2010
The name is stupid, but I'll be damned if some of the stuff they were showing off wasn't damned impressive.

BreakfastMan

Scandinavian Jawbreaker
Jul 22, 2010
I was certainly impressed by its showing at the show. Batman: Arkham City? Darksiders II? Metro: Last Light? Aliens: Colonial Marines? Ninja Gaiden III? Potentially Battlefield 3? Impressive lineup for any console. What makes it even more amazing is that this is a Nintendo console we are talking about here. The Wii had very little support from 3rd party, but this one seems to be getting all kinds of support, even from those who make violent M-rated titles, a first for Nintendo. Of course, the name is still stupid, but I think nobody was surprised by that... :)

EDIT: Also, the tech is pretty impressive too. I will be able to play my games on the console while my sister watches Netflix on the Roku? Yes please.

Eruanno

Captain Hammer
Aug 14, 2008
Wow, Nintendo has a way of making the most uninteresting consoles lately. First the 3DS and now this.

How are you supposed to hold that controller comfortably anyway...?

Simalacrum

Resident Juggler
Apr 17, 2008
Well, it certainly looks original... But I feel kinda underwhelmed from that press conference. Not enough details revealed for the console yet to make a decisive conclusion yet I think.

One thing I can say though: Wii is still a crap name and Wii U is no better. Oh wells...

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
I'm not fully impress with it. Sure it handy when someone else want to watch the tv but I hardly have that type of problem. However with proper hardcore games like Assassin Creed and Batman Arkham City would won me over but I can guess it going to be expensive if I were to buy it.

suitepee7

I can smell sausage rolls
Dec 6, 2010
errr, sounds kinda, crappy. i'll hand it to them, the ability to stream games straight to the console is pretty cool, but to me that is completely useless. living with my girlfriend, and we have 2 tv's, so if she wants to watch tv, i just move the console.

in terms of actual console though, nothing major to get excited about, a controller that bit would piss me off...

fer-

Apr 26, 2011
I am looking forward to it, making the top screen of a DS your HD tv...and having controller have its down touch screen is just awesome and totally fits with their DS paradigm

wonder how long until sony and m$ take to get touch screens on their controllers

very very cool

Bagk Nakh

May 18, 2011
dragongit said:
... But its just a wii, with new graphics and an Ipad to play with.Its like Nintendo really isn't trying anymore...
When has Nintendo tried hard?

Sudenak

Mar 31, 2011
Seems like it's got a pretty impressive front-load of games that normally wouldn't even glance at Nintendo. I can't help but be excited about it; the inventory screen being right there, being able to switch to the smaller screen whenever someone wants to use the TV, and a graphical overhaul.

I'm cautiously optimistic.

Mad1Cow

Jan 8, 2011
Something about good 3rd party support, so people yelling gimmick and it'll only be wii kiddy games shut up now please, thank you...

That said it CAN be used right, but I've yet to see it implemented as such (although Zelda looked right). Wii U is a bad name, but we'll get used to it. I thought PSVita was bad ¬_¬

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
Micalas said:
Yopaz said:
Selvec said:
Seems like I was ninja'd...

As were I. Yes Wii were. But mostly U.
At least they gave us a name we can laugh at again. Now let's watch the fanboys rage over how the name is great and make us laugh more!

Arisato-kun

Apr 22, 2009
I'm just gonna say Nintendo won E3. Third party support looks great and I'm pumped for the new Smash Bros.

Also get over the name people. What are you, 4?

Helios_(DEL)

Mar 22, 2010
Can someone please answer this question, Yes its a controller but does it have a brand new tower as well for the updated graphics, or does it re use the wii, or is it stand alone and projects/connects to the tv ?how is this thing able to be as graphically powerful as the xbox 360 and the ps3? there has to be a tower surely.

Im pritty sure that wasnt clarified