Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim: Dragonborn DLC files found in latest patch

SajuukKhar

Sep 26, 2010
Timberwolf0924 said:
now Cliff Racers?
Fortunately, while several Morrowind animals have been found in the files, Cliffracers are not one of them.

Saint Jiub, who is the Dunmer you first meet on the boat at the beginning of Morrowind, and again as a ghost in Dawnguard, killed them all.

He hunted them to extinction, at least its claimed he did, which is surprising because not even the Dragons were able to do that.

What is even more surprising is that he was able to do it in under 6 years time.

Timberwolf0924

Sep 16, 2009
SajuukKhar said:
Timberwolf0924 said:
now Cliff Racers?
Fortunately, while several Morrowind animals have been found in the files, Cliffracers are not one of them.

Saint Jiub, who is the Dunmer you first meet on the boat at the beginning of Morrowind, and again as a ghost in Dawnguard, killed them all.

He hunted them to extinction, at least its claimed he did, which is surprising because not even the Dragons were able to do that.

What is even more surprising is that he was able to do it in under 6 years time.
That makes me sad..

Jynthor

Mar 30, 2012
SajuukKhar said:
Timberwolf0924 said:
now Cliff Racers?

Holy shit, you meet Jiub in Dawnguard? I really ought to start playing it. Unfortunately all the bugs in Hearthfire made me stop for a while. Waiting for some fixes.

AlotFirst

Mar 29, 2011
Jynthor said:
SajuukKhar said:
Timberwolf0924 said:
now Cliff Racers?

Holy shit, you meet Jiub in Dawnguard? I really ought to start playing it. Unfortunately all the bugs in Hearthfire made me stop for a while. Waiting for some fixes.
My biggest problem with Hearthfire would be the fact that around 40-50% of the light sources that you can craft for your house don't cast light.

Edit: I mean Hearthfire, dammit!

Edit 2: I would also like to say that I would definitely recommend Dawnguard, the companion you get in the DLC is better than ANY companion in the vanilla game. In addition to that, the bossfights in Dawnguard are (in my experience) far better than those in the vanilla game.

SweetLiquidSnake

Jan 20, 2011
Christ some people take this stuff too literally. It's a game! the lore isn't true, its fiction, who gives a flying fart who's right about it?

Could you imagine how much good people could do if they invested this amount passion and knowledge into something productive?

Jynthor

Mar 30, 2012
AlotFirst said:
Jynthor said:
SajuukKhar said:
Timberwolf0924 said:
now Cliff Racers?

My biggest problem with Hearthfire would be the fact that around 40-50% of the light sources that you can craft for your house don't cast light.

Edit 2: I would also like to say that I would definitely recommend Dawnguard, the companion you get in the DLC is better than ANY companion in the vanilla game. In addition to that, the bossfights in Dawnguard are (in my experience) far better than those in the vanilla game.
The lights are one of the bugs I came across, I spent 5+ hours building my house, figured the lights would be fixed after a restart(Guess not). Then I started removing all the clutter(Bethesda must love their clutter, these houses are a complete mess fully upgraded. misc items, sacks and stupid barrels everywhere, worst part is because these items come in bundles while building them you can't delete separate items with the console).
Then I brought all my stuff from another house(Over 3000 in weight, I'm a packrat) so I could start decorating for the rest of the day only to discover plaques, display cases and whatever else don't work properly, quite frankly it's astonishingly buggy.
That pretty much killed my desire to play it for a while.

I keep looking for fixes on the Skyrim nexus but nothing yet.

tmande2nd

Oct 20, 2010
Wow...just wow.

Everywhere I look people are psychic and can foresee what the DLC is all about already.
And wont stop being so utterly negative about it.

Here, the Bethesda forums, on steam, or the BSN.
Its just constant rage and negativity.

I loved Dawnguard so unless this DLC really offends me I will be getting it.

AlotFirst

Mar 29, 2011
Jynthor said:
AlotFirst said:
Jynthor said:
SajuukKhar said:
Timberwolf0924 said:
now Cliff Racers?

The lights are one of the bugs I came across, I spent 5+ hours building my house, figured the lights would be fixed after a restart(Guess not). Then I started removing all the clutter(Bethesda must love their clutter, these houses are a complete mess fully upgraded. misc items, sacks and stupid barrels everywhere, worst part is because these items come in bundles while building them you can't delete separate items with the console).
Then I brought all my stuff from another house(Over 3000 in weight, I'm a packrat) so I could start decorating for the rest of the day only to discover plaques, display cases and whatever else don't work properly, quite frankly it's astonishingly buggy.
That pretty much killed my desire to play it for a while.

I keep looking for fixes on the Skyrim nexus but nothing yet.
I think you're not seeing any fixes on Skyrimnexus for the missing lighting because it may not be because of a bug. I think Bethesda simply omitted added lighting to sources of light in certain locations.

Dandark

Sep 2, 2011
Damn did this thread get derailed into huge posts on why Skyrim is the worst game ever because it's a choice based game that doesn't force choices on you and I dunno........Stuff.

If you hate Skyrim then maybe it's just not for you, feel free to complain about it but if you can try and limit the size of your posts then that would be great thanks.

tmande2nd said:
Wow...just wow.

Everywhere I look people are psychic and can foresee what the DLC is all about already.
And wont stop being so utterly negative about it.

Here, the Bethesda forums, on steam, or the BSN.
Its just constant rage and negativity.

I loved Dawnguard so unless this DLC really offends me I will be getting it.
Im not sure why there is so much negativity, I heard plenty of it about Dawnguard after it came out too but I really enjoyed it and expect the new DLC to be just as good, haters gunna hate I guess?

Blunderboy

Apr 26, 2011
Spears? Finally. :)
I mean I've got a spear mod but it's really just a skin, it just acts like a two handed sword.

Matheus Moreira

Oct 16, 2012
SajuukKhar is not discussing, guys, he is debating. That means that he is not open to accept the most accurate logic or the most probable conclusion, he just wants to hold to the defense of something as long as there is the slightly possibility to defend it. Unless someone shows a mathematical argument or an authority argument, from Bethesda, he won't give up on anything.

About Merida. Someone said it isn't logical all deities making the character their champion. SajuukKhar said it's a matter of self-imposing rules. Then someone said that it isn't logical an anti-undead god making a vampire her champion. SajuukKhar said it's a matter of choosing the lesser of two evils and that Merida was possibly planning to kill the vampire after her shrine was ok. The shrine gets ok and Merida not only lets the vampire take her artifact, but offer him the artifact to carry her name across the land. If Merida can't kill the vampire immediately, can't send minions to kill the vampire, can't talk to any other mortal to kill the vampire or retrieve the artifact and can't put a curse on him, she could, at least, try to intimidate him to let the artifact where it was. But she treats vampire or honorable devoted mortals the same; is that the most probable conclusion based on TES lore? Couldn't Bethesda have add just a dialogue line like "Now drop the sword and leave, vampire, and consider my mercy on your unlife as gratitude for cleansing my shrine", and see if the player would buy it, to make it more accurate to the lore?

About fast-travel. Someone said fast-travel is like teleportation because nothing happens to the character. SajuukKhar said it's not teleportation, time passes as in real travel and a character can travel without being noticed. Indeed, a character can travel without being noticed, but 100% of the time and with, let's say, 30 points of sneaking ability? 100% of the time, really? Wouldn't it be more logical if at least sometimes a random encounter would happen, or maybe in 5% of the times he would reach the destination with more experience with his equipped weapon as a result of a fight he had on the way? Couldn't Bethesda have implemented these features to make fast-travel more plausible?

Anyway, once there's no impartial third part judge here, to judge the validity of the arguments, the debate can go on forever.

Spiritofpower

Aug 29, 2011
Politeia said:
Sure, if you want to pull out Blarrrghizbah the Flame of the Nords, your daedric greatsword enchanted with both fiery soul trap and flame damage, and go to town on the Falmer then be my guest. I do not think running around with Blarrrghizbah and whacking Falmer should be the easier way of doing it. You're deep into hostile territory, deeeeeeeeeeep.
Politeia said:
Blarrrghizbah the Flame of the Nords, your daedric greatsword enchanted with both fiery soul trap and flame damage
Politeia said:
Blarrrghizbah the Flame of the Nords
I need to go make this now. Except it'll be a Dragonbone greatsword, and it'll be Flame of the Dunmer, because I play as one. And possibly not even a greatsword, seeing as I specialize in one-handed...

But still. Blarrrghizbah is the awesomest name I have seen for a thing, ever.

SajuukKhar said:
-Azura is a vengeful ***** who fucks with people for the lulz. Also the one priest of Azura tells you what happened to the other followers, Azura mind raped them with visions for so long they left out of fear of what they would see.
You insulted Lady Azura.

YOU INSULTED LADY AZURA.

Let me make this simple; knowing what will happen in the future, and not being able to do anything about it because you're not a reality bender like TES protagonists, is highly traumatic. What if you see you loved ones dying? Then you will, of course, try desperately to save them, but because you can't fight fate unless you realize you're in a video game, they will die. And maybe they'll even die because you tried to prevent it. Is it really so hard to believe some people couldn't handle knowing the future? She only gives the visions to devoted priests, people who respect and worship her in a more casual capacity don't get them. And "vengeful?" When? You mean when she made an evil guy go insane in retaliation for corrupting her artifact? Yes that is vengeance, but how is that really different from going after the Silver Hand after they

kill Skjor?

It's less drastic for a less drastic crime, he tried to use her artifact to gain immortality by sacrificing other souls, so she made him go insane. The Silver Hand

killed Skjor,

so you killed every single one of them.

Anyways, I'm done arguing. Feel free to try to start an argument, but I won't respond.

BLARRRGHIZBAH

endtherapture

Nov 14, 2011
SajuukKhar said:
endtherapture said:
Perhaps you should stop coming on these forums, talking down to people who disagree with you about every little thing with TES and shouting lore at people "THE DRAGONBORN IS LORKHAN REBORN WHO IS TIBER SEPTIM WHO IS BLAH BLAH BLAH..." yeah no one cares because there's no evidence in the game and no one really cares about it because the story is so poorly told.

DA lore is so good because you can question it - there's multiple opinions on who is the true god, what is the Fade, who was Andraste, where do the Darkspawn come from? Did you ever go into the mountain dungeon with Oghren? He says the mountain is laced with lyrium, therefore that might be why the ashes have divine powers. It's a lot more ambiguous than you give it credit for and that's why it's good - it engages on an intellectual level by giving you facts and allowing you to make up your own opinion on it rather than just spouting bullshit theories about crazy divinity and Lorkhan and stuff that TES (and you) tells us.
Actually there is plenty of evidence for it in the games.

http://forums.uesp.net/viewtopic.php?p=763404#p763404
Anyways, as I made mention of before, there is a connection between being an avatar of Aka, and an avatar of Lorkhan. This connection comes from the bond Akatosh and Lorkhan share, a bond that stretches back to when they were created, and indeed long before that.

This connection is that Akatosh and Lorkhan are the same being, now I know most of you will be like "but... but... no they aren't" to which I will say, "yes they are" and "It has even been stated by the devs, and shown in the games themselves".

This whole thing begins before the release of Oblivion, MK, also known as Michael Kirkbride, stated that it was Shezzar who put Alessia into the Amulet of Kings, the original quote has long since been lost due to edits, forum archiving and the like, however discussions about it still exist as I will link below.
The Imperial Library - http://www.imperial-library.info/ForumArchives/AmuletAmulet.html
UESP - http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore_talk:Amulet_of_Kings#Shezzar_and_the_Chim-el_Adabal

However, when Oblivion came around, the book "The Amulet of Kings" stated it was Akatosh who put Alessia into the amulet.
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:The_Amulet_of_Kings

This creates a contradiction..... or so it would seem. I am going to leave this hanging for a bit as I continue.

Next, I would like to point out the stained glass windows that depict Akatosh in the chapels in Oblivion.
Do you notice anything about it? Look closer at the head area. Do you see that Akatosh has two heads, one of a man and one of a Dragon? Odd indeed, I will leave this for now while asking a simple question, do you know who the god of man is?

Now I will skip over to Skyrim.

As you are obviously aware of there is a statue in Whiterun, and in several places across Skyrim, that depict Talos standing on a snake, while Talos points a sword at the snake's open mouth.
This statue is very symbolic in many ways, many important ways.

Let us take a look at the snake shall we? The snake is important because of old Nordic tradition, in the ancient past the Nords used animal totems to represent their gods, these animals were the hawk, wolf, snake, moth, owl, whale, bear, fox, and the dragon.
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:The_Dragon_War

These animals should be well known to any Skyrim player as they appear throughout Nordic ruins. However there are three I want to talk about the most, specifically the snake, the whale, and the Hawk.

As you may remember the snake, the whale, and the hawk appeared on those spinning pillar puzzels. But what gods do they represent?
The Snake - Sep (The Snake): Yokudan version of Lorkhan. Shor (God of the Underworld): Nordic version of Lorkhan
The Hawk - Kyne (Kiss At the End): Nordic Goddess of the Storm. Widow of Shor and favored god of warriors.
The Whale - Tsun: Extinct Nordic god of trials against adversity. As you recall you met Tsun in Skyrim were he defended the WHALEBONE bridge.
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Varieties_of_Faith_in_the_Empire
Does anyone else find it fitting that the Nords would use their leader Shor, his wife Kyne, and their shield-thane Tsun as the gods to mark their burial tombs?

Now lets look back at another feature of the statue I mentioned before, specifically the part were the snake's mouth is open and Talos is pointing a sword at it. Furthermore let us take a look at the shrine of Akatosh as depicted in Skyrim.
what can we see from this shrine of Akatosh?

We can make out a dragon's head and a dragon's wings but there is something off about his body isn't there? His body is not that of a dragon, it does not have arms or legs, it is the body of a serpent the body of a coiled snake.

Furthermore his mouth is open while a sword is being placed into it. Does that remind you of anything? Because it sounds a lot like the Statue of Talos were he is placed a sword into the mouth of a snake, a snake we have determined to be Lorkhan.

The discrepancy between who put Alessia into the amulet
The dual headed window in Oblivion depecting a dragon and a man
The god statues that depict a sword being placed into a snake's open mouth

Akatosh and Lorkhan share a lot in common, maybe because they are the same being?

I would now like to give you a quote from Michal Kirkbride himself
http://www.imperial-library.info/ForumArchives/AmuletAmulet.html
MK said:
You guessed it. The Arena is a collection of pseudo-imagos, all the way down to the core. Lorkhan is Akatosh, the Dragon God of Time is the Missing God of Change.
Akatosh, time, is Lorkhan, change
Lorkhan, chaos, is Akatosh, order

Seen as two, but really one.

That entire thing is the spoiler shows how Bethesda has shown the connection between akatosh, Lorkhan, and Talos, but since you never read the books you dont get the symbolism.

As to Dragon Age
-The Fade is a spirirt realm connected to huamn dreams
-Andreste was a woman who claimed to get visons from a being kown as the maker and led a rebllion against the Imperium
-the Darkspawn come from the golden City, which was never actually Golden.
It might be the most genius piece of lore ever but since about 1% of players actually notice it, it must be completely inconsequential to the story.

Yeah Dragon Age. The true nature of the fade is unknown - is it simply a place for demons? Does the maker live in the Fade? Who is the maker? Was Andraste's power given by the Maker or was she just mad? And the fact that it's not hidden under layers of inprenetable guesswork like TES makes it a lot more accessible and better.

NinjaSocks333

Jul 13, 2012
I'm not even that big a Skyrim fan and i'm exited. If these rumors are true, this sounds like as much content as an old school expansion pack!

SajuukKhar

Sep 26, 2010
SmashLovesTitanQuest said:
This actually kinda pisses me off.

Of all the fucking places in the TES universe, they had to make DLC set in the one bit with even more fucking snow. Come on Bethesda. Shivering Isles worked so well because it was about as far away from Cyrodill as you can realistically get (from an aesthetics standpoint), why not repeat this?
SI worked because it was like Morrowind, and Bethesda destroyed Mororwind in the Red Year to get AWAY from it.

Making ANOTHER SI type expansion pack is just reinforcing the idea that Morrowind is the only cool place in the world, which isnt good for the series. Bethesda cant just use the "lets make Morrowind again" card all the time.

And yes, I do understand the irony of saying that when this DLC supposedly has a lot of Dunmer stuff in it.

Also Shivering Isles was the final piece of content for Oblivion, Dragonborn is only DLC2. It is believed there will be another large DLC after it.
endtherapture said:
It might be the most genius piece of lore ever but since about 1% of players actually notice it, it must be completely inconsequential to the story.

Yeah Dragon Age. The true nature of the fade is unknown - is it simply a place for demons? Does the maker live in the Fade? Who is the maker? Was Andraste's power given by the Maker or was she just mad? And the fact that it's not hidden under layers of inprenetable guesswork like TES makes it a lot more accessible and better.
Not really, a large number of people don't get the symbolism in Blade runner, yet it is incredibly important to the story.

Also, it not being hidden is exactly what is wrong with it, it is boring, bland, handed to you by every slack jawed NPC you met, there is nothing to search for, you cant feel that you found some cool bit of lore because everything is just told to you, the entire game holds your hand in fear that you might miss something.

Dragon Age is like a Disney/Pixar movie, while Skyrim is closer to Blade Runner.

and I hate Disney/Pixar movies.

Edhellen

Sep 17, 2011
I know I missed that whole conversation but to be honest it sounds like the Skyrim detractors are the type of gamer who has been angry and frustrated for over a decade now waiting for another Arcanum or Fallout to come out. That kind of game simply can't exist in today's publishing environment and it'll probably never exist again, the occasional bold attempt at an indie title notwithstanding.

Furthermore... Skyrim is an Elder Scrolls game. The lack of world reactivity and having no choices aside from whether to do the quest or not (and having a shallow character customization system: all that Skyrim did was cut out a few spreadsheets you had to mess with) have been in the series since Arena. It's just not what the series is about, and including these things would distract from the core of the game. It's not your cup of tea, fine, but complaining about it is like complaining Farmville doesn't let you shoot things.